Around the World Row!

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » July 14th, 2006, 3:16 pm

I guess Brigitte has "broken" the round the world website again?
Yup, looks like it, but I think I have it fixed again. I have not figured out what causes it to crash, apart from Brigitte. I am currently on vacation, so it sometimes takes me a while to realize things are down. Nice C2 at the hotel I am at, so I will try and put in my 30 minutes later on today.

Oh, by the way, we are now over 22 million meters and almost 40% of the way around the world.

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » July 14th, 2006, 4:30 pm

ulu wrote:I have not figured out what causes it to crash, apart from Brigitte.
Oh well, must be either bad karma, or all the water in my boat causing the short circuits ... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanks for fixing it again, Jim! (wish I knew how I did it ...)

Anyway I made my first million meters at last, in just under five months (in spite of all the water in the boat). :D

Brigitte
aka Google-Earth-Killer,
aka Jim's Nightmare: "it's dead, Jim!"

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » July 14th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Hey Brigitte, congratulations on your first million meters,
and on your 2nd GEK (Google Earth Kill).
Maybe it's time to step up to google.com and kill it right at the source...

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » July 15th, 2006, 10:15 am

Hey, great row, Jim!
I feel encouraged to take another shot at this. I think I find it a little harder trying to go faster this time of year - I think the heat takes it out of me a little. Or at least, that's a good excuse.
I was just reading some of the posts on the UK forum on the Evesham Mile. There was a nice long trip report by Mark Pukita. Really good stuff.

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » July 15th, 2006, 10:34 am

Oops, sorry about that. That trip report was in our forum. I forgot which one I was reading. Lots of stuff in the UK forum too - pictures, videos, reports, teasing, etc.
Have I set the record for most consecutive posts?

Tinpusher
2k Poster

Post by Tinpusher » July 15th, 2006, 11:16 am

Congratulations on the first million Brigitte!
Great row Jim! 27 more metres eh. I guess I'll have to have another go...
Cheers
Dave
David Chmilowskyj
M 56 6ft 4in/1.94m 230lb/105kg
Team Oarsome

ulu
2k Poster

Post by ulu » July 15th, 2006, 11:34 am

Hey, great row, Jim!
Thanx for the kudo's team. It was a PB for me by almost 200 meters. I almost handled down a few times. It was on a fast machine at the hotel I am at.

I think some C2's are easier than others, same drag factor, but less effort, easier to row. Has anyone else had this experience?

Keep on rowin', eh.

Jim
Jim
[url=http://67.199.38.245/c2coastal/]Eh!Team ROWING THE COAST of the WORLD[/url] <--- click here

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » July 15th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Thank you, Dan and Dave! I never thought that this would become a passion when I bought my C2 in February ... :D

You are right, Dan, I should kill Google Earth right at the source ... but then, why just stick with the virtual thing??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Congratulations on your new PB, Jim!!!
200 meters is a huge jump!!!

I gave the ctc another go this morning. Started out way too fast (trying to outsmart my pace boat :oops: ), and of course fell back at the 20 minutes mark. Anyway I could improve my PB by 10 meters :roll: ... But I guess the whole race was more a stress test than a smart race, so at least now I know that my MHR and my AT must be quite a bit higher than I thought it was (or I must be much younger than I thought I was ... oh well, wishful thinking ... :lol: ).

Brigitte

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » July 15th, 2006, 2:44 pm

BriK wrote: ... I should kill Google Earth right at the source ... but then, why just stick with the virtual thing??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Whoa, well okay, but I'm not sure even Jim can fix things after that.

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » July 15th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Hey Dan, do I see a new PB here on the ctc???
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
danwho wrote:Whoa, well okay, but I'm not sure even Jim can fix things after that.
So who is going to save the earth then if not Jim??? :lol:
... here is a Martini (shaken, not stirred) ...

Brigitte

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » July 15th, 2006, 10:21 pm

Well, we'll just have to see if that martini is enough to coax Ulu Bond back into his double-oh status.
Thanks for the congratulations. This was my 2nd 30 minute romp. I think I should be able to do better based on my 5K time, but I really think the heat is slowing me down a bit. All the same, I think I'll try one or two more times before this month is out.

Yukon John
1k Poster

Post by Yukon John » July 16th, 2006, 12:31 am

danwho wrote:Well, we'll just have to see if that martini is enough to coax Ulu Bond back into his double-oh status.
Thanks for the congratulations. This was my 2nd 30 minute romp. I think I should be able to do better based on my 5K time, but I really think the heat is slowing me down a bit. All the same, I think I'll try one or two more times before this month is out.
Great job Dan and Jim!!! You guys are flying. Dan, I think you deserve the 00 status if you are going to try it a couple more times this month. Even James isn't tough enough to do that :D . I think I need one of Mr. Bond's gizmos to help me out, maybe a rocket powered erg?
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1151982539.png[/img]

Age 47, 6'0", 164 lbs.
100k row completed 11/25/06 7:48:45.2

Trevor
Paddler

Post by Trevor » July 17th, 2006, 4:33 pm

Well, I got my 30 minutes in this weekend. I was hoping to crack 7800 m. My plan was to start at 2:00 then slowly drop the split times at 5 minute intervals with a big finish in the last two minutes. Unfortunately I could not convince my mind that anything beyond 1:58 was sustainable. for very long.

I warmed up for 12 minutes, this may not have been long enough or hard enough to get all the cylinders firing.

One more time before the month end is my plan (hmm: freudian typo there; I initially typed pain) This time my mind had better cooperate or I will be forced to deny it oxygen. Now I just have to convince my quadriceps that lactic acid is only a passing fad.

Very impressive distances being put in by all

Trevor
5' 10.5" 183 lb 53 years

danwho
10k Poster

Post by danwho » July 17th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Great job, Trevor.
And also I see Dave has put in a new time - another great job.
I sure hope I can stay in Boat 2 for a little while. I kinda got used to the view here.

BriK
500m Poster

Post by BriK » July 17th, 2006, 6:52 pm

Great rowing, Trevor!
I guess it won't take long until you will break the 7800m mark too. And speaking of "Freudian": I first read your statement as "lactic acid is only a passing friend". Oh well, I need to clean my contacts ...

Congrats to Dave too!

Dan, rowing in the heat is really not much fun. Usually I wait until it's night before I start. And I got the C-Breeze from Paul Smith, which is really great to get some cool air!! When I got the parcel (from my neighbors, since I wasn't at home when the postman brought it) I noticed that Paul had put "Nylon Lover" on the label for the customs declaration :shock: :roll: :oops: . Oh well, that's the kind of things that give you a name in the neighborhood ... *sigh*

So how about a nylon powered erg, John? :lol:

I guess I will try to improve my 30min. again at the end of the month. Until then I will build a little more on the longer distances. Could improve my 10k time by over 17 seconds and finally break the 45minutes barrier (44:56.0) :D .

Brigitte