Pm3 Beta Software

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] denisrricard

Product

Post by [old] denisrricard » August 6th, 2004, 4:06 pm

Ok I have a new 'D' and rev 61, how do I upgrade using a macintosh? Will I be able to transfert logbook data to a mac?<br><br>Denis

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » August 6th, 2004, 6:36 pm

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Ok I have a new 'D' and rev 61, how do I upgrade using a macintosh? Will I be able to transfert logbook data to a mac?<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>At this time, Concept2 does not have a "Firmaware Updater" that will run on your Macintosh. <br><br>You have a couple of choices:<br><br>1) Request a warranty exchange for your PM3 with Concept2<br>2) Bring your PM3 to a friend's (or work?) computer and apply the update with their Windows PC.<br><br>-- Scott<br>

[old] denisrricard

Product

Post by [old] denisrricard » August 7th, 2004, 2:34 pm

Hm, well ok.

[old] hennmart

Product

Post by [old] hennmart » April 3rd, 2005, 6:46 am

Hallo Scott,<br /><br />I updated my firmware to version 82 somewhere in February. After that update I did not do a 500 m. till today. Today I was feeling up to do a 500 m. and I did set a new PB, but the time was not recorded on my logcard, instead I had an error message 240-42 . I assumed this error was solved in version 82?<br /><br />Hennie

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » April 4th, 2005, 9:10 am

<!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Apr 3 2005, 05:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Apr 3 2005, 05:46 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hallo Scott,<br /><br />I updated my firmware to version 82 somewhere in February. After that update I did not do a 500 m. till today. Today I was feeling up to do a 500 m. and I did set a new PB, but the time was not recorded on my logcard, instead I had an error message 240-42  . I assumed this error was solved in version 82?<br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hennie:<br /><br />We are still not sure what causes the card to stop responding, so the 240 error can still occur but ver 82 firmware has been extremely effective in not allowing a 240 error to cause any corruption on the card, as prior versions would allow. With a 240 error, sometimes the data is logged to the card, sometimes it is not. When not, just remove the card, put it back in, and then move the workout from Memory to LogCard. <br /><br />If I was able to reproduce the 240 error on a regular basis, we could figure out what is causing it and could probably solve it. But it happens so infrequently that this is difficult if not impossible. <br /><br />For all others reading this: If you are experiencing 240 errors on a regular basis, please contact me - you might just be able to help us figure this one out and we will certainly be happy to send new hardware (LogCard or PM3) to see if it solves the problem.<br /><br />-- Scott

[old] Canoeist

Product

Post by [old] Canoeist » April 6th, 2005, 8:33 am

I just started using the PM3. I generally use RowPro when I am rowing. My RowPro workouts are not being saved on the logicard, but I am not getting an error. Is this how it is supposed to work? I thought that the workouts would be saved in both places, but it is not.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] Bayko

Product

Post by [old] Bayko » April 6th, 2005, 11:03 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Canoeist+Apr 6 2005, 12:33 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Canoeist @ Apr 6 2005, 12:33 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just started using the PM3.  I generally use RowPro when I am rowing.  My RowPro workouts are not being saved on the logicard, but I am not getting an error.  Is this how it is supposed to work?  I thought that the workouts would be saved in both places, but it is not.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Paul Flack <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Paul, when I used your RowPro my marathon was saved to my logcard in my PM3. I was able to recall it when I got home.<br /><br />Also, sorry about skipping the Dutch Marathon. It was already iffy, but when I realized that it was daylight savings night/morning as well I wimped out completely.<br /><br />If you will still be having a Boston Marathon Erg Marathon I will come down. I know that it is going to be busy for you with the runners you will be hosting, so I'll understand if you want to "wait 'til next year." I've already got a PB from the day with you, John and Frank so I'm satiated.<br /><br />Rick

[old] Canoeist

Product

Post by [old] Canoeist » April 6th, 2005, 2:20 pm

Rick,<br /><br />At least you got the marathon recorded on your log card. I should have set up another user so that I could send it into Digital Rowing to put in the rankings. I still haven't contacted Pete to see if he can change the name on the file so it can be ranked with the RowPro users and be available for others to row with.<br /><br />Only one of my warm ups, workouts, or cool downs was recorded on my log card this month. I think that I had RowPro disconnected for some reason. Maybe the server was down. The rest of the sessions were not recorded on the log card, but most showed up in my RowPro log book. Maybe it has to do with the latest version of RowPro that was released April 1?<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] c2scott

Product

Post by [old] c2scott » April 11th, 2005, 9:01 am

Folks:<br /><br />I'm assuming, that these issues are being experienced people with multi-user cards. We have not heard of issues with single user cards.<br /><br />If the PM3 is awakened while connected to RowPro, RowPro immediately places the PM3 into a JustRow screen without allowing the user to "select user". If no user is selected, the PM3 cannot determine which user on the card to log to. So, no workouts are logged. Unless this selection is made (exit JustRow screen and select the user), the PM3 doesn't know who to log the workout to so it just puts it into internal memory. <br /><br />So, the workaround is to press menu/back and you should get a Select User screen. After the user is logged in properly, logging to the card should work ok.<br /><br />-- Scott<br />

[old] Canoeist

Product

Post by [old] Canoeist » April 13th, 2005, 8:46 am

Scott,<br /><br />I think you got it right. Yesterday was the first time that my log card recorded a RowPro race since the April 1 version was released.<br /><br />I didn't have my connection cable plugged in all the way when I started RowPro, so my warm up was without RowPro and I had to select a user. This doesn't happen when I am plugged into the computer.<br /><br />My log card has two users, my daughter and myself. If I get the "choose user" screen, then my workouts are saved.<br /><br />Paul Flack