Rowpro Time Bug

Post bug reports or anomolous operation here
[old] Joerg-W

Post by [old] Joerg-W » February 2nd, 2006, 3:22 pm

Hi <br />I was doing a 10K row this evening and had to abort at 7821m due to cramps. I aborted by pressing the Menu Button on the PM3. Mucht to my surprise I was given full credit for the row. When I transfered the results to Concept2 it showed 10000m at a time of 29:01 and the 10000m counted towards my total meters rowed. If the time was a bit more realistic, I would have even been able to rank the results, being 29:01 the row needed a validation and thats when I got the message that the distance was incorrect.<br />Has anybody experienced something simular.

[old] FrankJ

Post by [old] FrankJ » February 2nd, 2006, 6:21 pm

Hi Joerg,<br /><br />I tried the same test with a 1000 meter row but only did 519. Waited a bit and hit the menu/back key on PM3 sure enough RP said I did 1000 in 3:07. The only problem is that when you do into the PM3 to get the verification code is for 519 meters rowed in 2:17.1. So while RP will say you rowed the distance you cannot get a valid code to make it a legal record.<br /><br />BTW RP has a Stop Row button when you need to end a row early that works as expected.<br /><br />Frank

[old] Joerg-W

Post by [old] Joerg-W » February 4th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Hi Frank<br /> yes I'm fully aware of that button stop button on RowPro, nevertheless I could, through this termanation of the row, manipulate my Ranking Postition or my total meters in my Clup afiliation. Eliminating this bug make the C2 ranking more secure in my eyes. <br />For all we know, I have found the a way to become 4th in any official distance or duration without pulling harder, <span style='color:red'>the ranking should be reserved for those that really do pull harder.</span><br />

[old] ehagberg

Post by [old] ehagberg » February 4th, 2006, 3:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Joerg-W+Feb 4 2006, 01:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Joerg-W @ Feb 4 2006, 01:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->For all we know, I have found the a way to become 4th in any official distance or duration without pulling harder, <span style='color:red'>the ranking should be reserved for those that really do pull harder.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />You could become 4th, but only with "IND" status - you'll get no "IND_V" by pulling that stunt.<br /><br />Of course, C2 still has to make sure (if they haven't already) that the PM3 verification codes for interval sessions are different than for fixed time/distance to make sure the other way of gaming the "IND_V" system isn't still open.

[old] Yvette

Post by [old] Yvette » February 5th, 2006, 9:57 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Joerg-W+Feb 4 2006, 02:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Joerg-W @ Feb 4 2006, 02:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Frank<br /> yes I'm fully aware of that button stop button on RowPro, nevertheless I could, through this termanation of the row, manipulate my Ranking Postition or my total meters in my Clup afiliation. Eliminating this bug make the C2 ranking more secure in my eyes. <br />For all we know, I have found the a way to become 4th in any official distance or duration without pulling harder, <span style='color:red'>the ranking should be reserved for those that really do pull harder.</span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Joerg,<br /><br />You don't need RowPro to put in a time that is 4th fastest. That is easy enough to do with a manual entry. The point is that the RP bug will not make it any more official than just a made up manual entry. In fact with RP if you save the stroke data anyone that downloads your row file will see that you only rowed part of the distance and stopped. Yes, it is a bug but it really doesn't give you any more capability than you have today.<br /><br /><br />Frank<br /><br />Oops, didn't realize that I was in here on Yvette's ID. Must be a bug.

[old] eparizeau

Post by [old] eparizeau » February 5th, 2006, 10:08 am

Ah Hah!! -- <br /><br />Now I understand how Frank has produced all of those impressive times....It was really Yvette on the erg. <br /><br />Good try Frank...but little goes unnoticed here on the C2 Forum...<br /><br />Ernie<br /><br />

[old] FrankJ

Post by [old] FrankJ » February 5th, 2006, 10:25 am

Darn it! I hate it when my mask slips off. <br /><br />Yvette (Frank)<br /><br />Only the Shadow knows for sure