Dwayne's disappeared.

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
EricR
Paddler

Post by EricR » May 16th, 2006, 9:29 am

The online ranking is called an honour ranking, no honour in claiming bogus times on such a ranking and never proof you really can achieve those times.

We could make the same case for a lot of fast times that are put on the ranking, but in most cases those athletes have a proven history of fast times in competition.

Dwayne himself questioned at one time very fast times and found it an outrage that some really fast and obvious bogus times (women rowing sub 6 ) where not checked better by Concept2.

Ducatista
2k Poster

Post by Ducatista » May 16th, 2006, 9:48 am

Chad Williams wrote:
Sasha wrote:Nonsense.
Sasha

With respect, the first line of your posts says it all. Of course you would not be interested in the whole Dwayne debate and call it childish ugliness. The reason for this is that is does not effect you, so why whould you care?
Chad, you realize the first line of Sasha's post is "Nonsense," right? Which I'd agree sums up Dwayne-a-mania nicely.

Chad Williams
2k Poster

Post by Chad Williams » May 17th, 2006, 6:07 am

whp4 wrote:The USIRT members aren't selected by looking at the C2 rankings.
I never said they were.

What was the point of me submitting a time to USIRT that was not obtained via a C2 sanctioned Indoor Rowing regatta, like Dwayne had done on a number of occasions.

Whatever time I would row Dwayne would have “bettered it”. Yes, if I had gone to an Indoor regatta and competed and pulled a good score would I still have been selected for USIRT or would they take the word that a sub 5.50 had been pulled with a questionable IND_V witness, not a PM3 IND_V code but a “visual” witness.

This is not a new issue for me as I have spoken about it before in some of my very early posts, go back onto the old forum and search for your self.

Dwayne has run away with his tail between his legs, he has not been seen for over 3 weeks now, that tells you a lot, there are still a very small number of cheerleaders about, but the number has fallen over the months.

You won’t see Dwayne again, he has gone into hiding, instead of coming out fighting and showing us all that he can actually pull the scores he has claimed over the years, instead of doing that he has ran away, “champions” don’t run away.

My challenge still stands to Dwayne, BiRC 2006 or Boston WiRC 2007, I will be there, will he?

dadams
500m Poster

Post by dadams » May 17th, 2006, 9:02 am

Chad Williams wrote:
I never said they were.

What was the point of me submitting a time to USIRT that was not obtained via a C2 sanctioned Indoor Rowing regatta, like Dwayne had done on a number of occasions.

Whatever time I would row Dwayne would have “bettered it”. Yes, if I had gone to an Indoor regatta and competed and pulled a good score would I still have been selected for USIRT or would they take the word that a sub 5.50 had been pulled with a questionable IND_V witness, not a PM3 IND_V code but a “visual” witness.

This is not a new issue for me as I have spoken about it before in some of my very early posts, go back onto the old forum and search for your self.

Dwayne has run away with his tail between his legs, he has not been seen for over 3 weeks now, that tells you a lot, there are still a very small number of cheerleaders about, but the number has fallen over the months.

You won’t see Dwayne again, he has gone into hiding, instead of coming out fighting and showing us all that he can actually pull the scores he has claimed over the years, instead of doing that he has ran away, “champions” don’t run away.

My challenge still stands to Dwayne, BiRC 2006 or Boston WiRC 2007, I will be there, will he?
I haven't run away from anything. You're just not worth my time. QED
Row hard, row well.
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1174486226.png[/img]

dadams
500m Poster

Post by dadams » May 17th, 2006, 9:02 am

Chad Williams wrote:
I never said they were.

I haven't run away from anything. You're just not worth my time. QED

I like the comment someone made above...buttlick.
Row hard, row well.
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1174486226.png[/img]

Chad Williams
2k Poster

Post by Chad Williams » May 17th, 2006, 9:32 am

I tell you what Dwayne, this subject is now closed from my point of view, I have nothing more to say to you until you do what you say you can do.

Come and talk to me at BiRC or WiRC by sitting your sorry ass on that rower next to me, in front of a crowed in race conditions and show me what you can do. You can’t beat me, you won’t beat me, you won’t even show up.

row4life
500m Poster

Post by row4life » May 17th, 2006, 10:18 am

Chad Williams wrote:I tell you what Dwayne, this subject is now closed from my point of view, I have nothing more to say to you until you do what you say you can do.

Come and talk to me at BiRC or WiRC by sitting your sorry ass on that rower next to me, in front of a crowed in race conditions and show me what you can do. You can’t beat me, you won’t beat me, you won’t even show up.
I don't know either one of you, but I'm willing to bet that DA posts a faster race time than you will this season...or ever.

michaelb
2k Poster

Post by michaelb » May 17th, 2006, 10:21 am

Ok Chad, this is the third or fourth time you have said that you are done with this topic. Hopefully, this time you mean it.

Do not post on the US forum about Dwayne Adams again. Do not respond to this post either. I won't respond to your response to this response either.

Thank you.
M 51 5'9'' (1.75m), a once and future lightweight
Old PBs 500m-1:33.9 1K-3:18.6 2K-6:55.4 5K-18:17.6 10K-38:10.5 HM-1:24:00.1 FM-3:07.13

Yankeerunner
10k Poster

Post by Yankeerunner » May 17th, 2006, 10:31 am

row4life wrote:
Chad Williams wrote:I tell you what Dwayne, this subject is now closed from my point of view, I have nothing more to say to you until you do what you say you can do.

I don't know either one of you, but I'm willing to bet that DA posts a faster race time than you will this season...or ever.
Finally, something of substance.

I'll take that bet. $100 on Chad, assuming a public race (either a C2 satellite race or BIRC, EIRC, WIRC).

Please reveal yourself to make it a legitimate bet. I am Rick Bayko, 50-59 lwt, (stats, email, etc. in my profile on both the USA and UK forums).

Rick

ancho
6k Poster

Post by ancho » May 17th, 2006, 11:12 am

Yankeerunner wrote: ...

Finally, something of substance.

I'll take that bet. $100 on Chad, assuming a public race (either a C2 satellite race or BIRC, EIRC, WIRC).

Please reveal yourself to make it a legitimate bet. I am Rick Bayko, 50-59 lwt, (stats, email, etc. in my profile on both the USA and UK forums).

Rick
NOW this begins to get interesting.
I'll bet €10 on BD and yet another €10 on CW :P
Ah, and another 10 Euro-Dollars on that Chad will show up again in this thread! :lol:
yr 1966, 1,87 m, 8? kg
[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1201739576.png[/img]
Be Water, My Friend!

Spectre
Paddler

Post by Spectre » May 17th, 2006, 11:23 am

Well I think this thread is now dead. clearly Dwayne has not vanished as he is now posting again. I think the whole betting thing was tried on the old forum and that didnt go anywhere either. We could get into the "will Dwayne race" argument all over again but really thats been debated to death too. With that said, howbout a pay-per-view head to head smackdown! Chad v. Dwayne erg off! I can see it now two machines in a boxing ring, both Chad and Dwayne makeing their respective entrances. "eye of the tiger" playing loudly in the backgound with lots of smoke and laser lights.
faster than a twinkie

whp4
6k Poster

Post by whp4 » May 17th, 2006, 11:26 am

ancho wrote: NOW this begins to get interesting.

Ah, and another 10 Euro-Dollars on that Chad will show up again in this thread! :lol:
Now who in their right mind is going to take the other side of THAT bet? :lol:

PaulS
10k Poster

Post by PaulS » May 17th, 2006, 11:53 am

row4life wrote:

You're on! $100. Who's holding the money?
Erg on,
Paul Smith
www.ps-sport.net Your source for Useful Rowing Accessories and Training Assistance.
"If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask me the question."

Mike Caviston
2k Poster

Post by Mike Caviston » May 17th, 2006, 12:01 pm

$100 that Chad will post a faster race time than Dwayne? Hell, I'd put $100 on John Hodgson over Dwayne!

Mike Caviston

hjs
Marathon Poster

Post by hjs » May 17th, 2006, 12:06 pm

row4life wrote:

keyword : POSTS :D :D :D :D