Dwayne's disappeared.

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Chad Williams
2k Poster

Post by Chad Williams » May 4th, 2006, 10:45 am

Forums are not just meant to provide a “pat yourself and each other on the back” service.
Controversial topics arise, they are discussed, it is called communication and having an exchange of views. Some people get caught in the cross fire, that’s life.
You seem to forget the abuse that I have taken on this and the old forum, I have never once sworn or threatened anybody, yet I have had a large amount of bad language and threatening behaviour made towards me, but you don’t see me crying over it.

If people just want to come on here and tell everyone how great they and each other are then that is fine, you won’t get that in any of the topics that I start or am part of. Certain things need to be delt with; I will take these on head first.

Before you blame me for the drop in numbers on this forum I would think very carefully about other people’s behaviour.

Chad Williams
2k Poster

Post by Chad Williams » May 4th, 2006, 10:49 am

Who started this Dwayne topic?

Was it me?

Chad Williams
2k Poster

Post by Chad Williams » May 4th, 2006, 11:02 am

Why is it the lesser someone’s rowing ability the more they believe in the claim of crazy times.

When you can row a sub 6 minutes 2000m time you may then understand the massive amount of power that is required just to gain an extra 1sec/500m it is not the same as going from a sub 7.10 to a sub 7.05.

It is a whole new ball game, ignorance is no excuse.

todd
Paddler

Post by todd » May 4th, 2006, 11:25 am

Forums should be what the community wants it to be, not what an individual or small faction want it to be. It is unfortunate that a malcontent(or group of malcontents) can jump onto whatever topic they want and spew their venom.

I don't believe this forum is just a pat yourself on the back sort of thing, but a motivational tool. I think you are trying to force the system into being something that it is not intended to be. What glory is there in having your name at the top of the list? It is just a honor system list and you will never be able to weed out everybody who might stretch the truth or even outright lie about their performance. Your quixotism is a distraction to the positive intent of the large majority of people who use this forum.

BTW: if you are referring to me as believing in Dwayne's times because I'm a lesser performer, you are mistaken. (Not about me being a lesser performer :) I'm hoping to go sub 8 someday) My issue is not whether Dwayne lied or not. I think it is pathetic that somebody feels the need to bash him because they don't believe it.

Chad Williams
2k Poster

Post by Chad Williams » May 4th, 2006, 11:31 am

todd wrote:What glory is there in having your name at the top of the list? .
It is not about being top of the list; it is about Morals, ethics, honesty and integrity.

johnlvs2run
Half Marathon Poster

Post by johnlvs2run » May 4th, 2006, 11:55 am

Chad Williams wrote:It is not about being top of the list; it is about Morals, ethics, honesty and integrity.
Exactly.

The threads started by Chad have generated MORE than the average interest in the forum.

I don't know of any other thread that has had 30 people viewing it, all at the same time.

Chad's messages have generated a high amount of interest in the forum.

Anyway Chad has been only one of the more recent messagers about Dwayne, and that topic started with the advent of Dwayne and his times, not with Chad. If a building is burning you don't attack the person who brought it to people's attention, you put out the fire. It is ridiculous that some people are so apathetic and not only don't care but stand up for someone with that kind of history, and then try to blame Chad for standing up for integrity.
Last edited by johnlvs2run on May 4th, 2006, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikeerg 75 5'8" 155# - 18.5 - 51.9 - 568 - 1:52.7 - 8:03.8 - 20:13.1 - 14620 - 40:58.7 - 28855 - 1:23:48.0
rowerg 56-58 5'8.5" 143# - 1:39.6 - 3:35.6 - 7:24.0 - 18:57.4 - 22:49.9 - 7793 - 38:44.7 - 1:22:48.9 - 2:58:46.2

todd
Paddler

Post by todd » May 4th, 2006, 11:59 am

Chad Williams wrote:
todd wrote:What glory is there in having your name at the top of the list? .
It is not about being top of the list; it is about Morals, ethics, honesty and integrity.
Give me a break... you are totally out of your mind if you believe this. Our society stinks of immorality, dishonesty and unethical behavior. I don't believe that you are just a noble citizen who has decided to cleanse the c2 community of all that is evil.

Don't you have something else to worry about? Doesn't it bother you more that public officials across the world are immoral, unethical, and dishonest? People are dying due to violence, famine, and disease while people who have the ability to help do nothing. Doesn't this bother you more than somebody lying about their times on an erg? If you really have such noble intentions, why not do something about real problems?

As far as I can tell, most people in the community are more interested in their own actions and abilities. We can't control the action of anybody else, so why make others miserable trying?

johnlvs2run
Half Marathon Poster

Post by johnlvs2run » May 4th, 2006, 12:04 pm

todd wrote:you are just a noble citizen who has decided to cleanse the c2 community of all that is evil.
:lol:
bikeerg 75 5'8" 155# - 18.5 - 51.9 - 568 - 1:52.7 - 8:03.8 - 20:13.1 - 14620 - 40:58.7 - 28855 - 1:23:48.0
rowerg 56-58 5'8.5" 143# - 1:39.6 - 3:35.6 - 7:24.0 - 18:57.4 - 22:49.9 - 7793 - 38:44.7 - 1:22:48.9 - 2:58:46.2

todd
Paddler

Post by todd » May 4th, 2006, 12:09 pm

John Rupp wrote:Anyway Chad has been only one of the more recent messagers about Dwayne, and that topic started with the advent of Dwayne and his times, not with Chad. If a building is burning you don't attack the person who brought it to people's attention, you put out the fire. It is ridiculous that some people are so apathetic and not only don't care but stand up for someone with that kind of history, and then try to blame Chad for standing up for integrity.
So is somebody lying about their times really akin to a building on fire? Who's being hurt? Why do you care? I don't like people lying either, but I'm not going to be able to change the fact that people do it.

BTW: Sir P., I've been told there are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't :)

Gus
1k Poster

Post by Gus » May 4th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Chad Williams wrote:Who started this Dwayne topic?

Was it me?
Yeah, who was the idiot??!!!??

hjs
Marathon Poster

Post by hjs » May 4th, 2006, 12:42 pm

todd wrote:Forums should be what the community wants it to be, not what an individual or small faction want it to be. It is unfortunate that a malcontent(or group of malcontents) can jump onto whatever topic they want and spew their venom.
Every subject can be posted here, if nobody cares it will soon die. The DA debate doesn,t die, that says it all.

todd
Paddler

Post by todd » May 4th, 2006, 12:46 pm

hjs wrote: Every subject can be posted here, if nobody cares it will soon die. The DA debate doesn,t die, that says it all.
I'm afraid I can't argue that one. That's pretty sorry isn't it... and here I am contributing to the problem. Alright... I'm out of here.

hjs
Marathon Poster

Post by hjs » May 4th, 2006, 12:54 pm

todd wrote:
hjs wrote: Every subject can be posted here, if nobody cares it will soon die. The DA debate doesn,t die, that says it all.
I'm afraid I can't argue that one. That's pretty sorry isn't it... and here I am contributing to the problem. Alright... I'm out of here.
Indeed, that was my point. Everything that could be said about it, is said. So untill something new pops up lets forget it. Look at the UK forum, that hasn,t suffured, it's more alive then ever.

todd
Paddler

Post by todd » May 4th, 2006, 1:25 pm

hjs wrote:Everything that could be said about it, is said. So untill something new pops up lets forget it.
What do you know? I actually agree with you. :o :)

hjs
Marathon Poster

Post by hjs » May 4th, 2006, 2:11 pm

todd wrote:
hjs wrote:Everything that could be said about it, is said. So untill something new pops up lets forget it.
What do you know? I actually agree with you. :o :)
Why not, we can differ on some subject's, but there can be many on which we agree. :)