Model D Shudder Part Ii

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] psu91

Product

Post by [old] psu91 » December 5th, 2004, 1:17 pm

Ok, I've oiled the chain and cleaned the flywheel...I've tightened all the bolts...there has been no change...it's gotten a bit worse...and here's my updated take on what I'm experiencing with my Model D...<br><br>First, there is a tremor in the machine that increases as the pace increases...at the higher pace it has a more noticable tremor but every now and then a larger tremor will shake the front of the machine more than others...<br><br>I may not have noticed this earlier because I am a newer rower who's just surpassed the 200,000 meter mark...as I've become a stronger rower perhaps the tremor has just become more obvious with the increased pace...without having ever been on a Concept2 before I dismissed it early on because I would expect some slight tremor when you row...but now it's gone over the line...<br><br>I'm also experiencing a loud clicking noise (some might call it grinding) in the down tube (lack of a better word)...<br><br>This seems to occur just above my feet within the mechanism...(it's not movement of the plastic cover)...I'm beginning to hear it more when I just start out but it's faint...it also grows as the pace grows...<br><br>I have the feeling this is a "chicken and egg" situation for the following reasons...<br><br>I tried closing the damper and pulling hard three time (advice given to me)...it didn't tremor...so, I'm wondering if whatever is causing the "clicking/grinding" sound is what's sending a tremor through the machine OR is it an off-balance flywheel causing the "clicking/grinding" of the mechanism and/or chain in the "down tube"...perplexing to say the least...and I hope I don't have to give up my machine just when I'm making strides performance, routine, and weight-wise...<br><br>I'm calling Concept2 on Monday (wish they had Sat. hours given my work situation) but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this...<br><br><br><br><br>

[old] Atorrante

Product

Post by [old] Atorrante » December 5th, 2004, 7:25 pm

It appear to be a problem in the flywheel, maybe an unbalanced flywheel. Based on the replies, it appear to be a rare defect in your erg. But it's a Concept2, and you should not have major problems for a remedy. Please keep us updated to know what happened. <br><br>Good Luck.

[old] Byron Drachman

Product

Post by [old] Byron Drachman » December 5th, 2004, 8:04 pm

You've probably already done this, but did you examine the rollers very carefully to see if anything happened to get embedded in one of the rollers?<br><br>Byron