New Personal Best

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] holm188

Training

Post by [old] holm188 » December 2nd, 2005, 9:48 pm

This morning in the 1st 2k handicap race of the Fall Series:<br /><br /><b><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>6:47.6</span></span></b><br /><br />looking forward to the straight races of next week!!!

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » December 2nd, 2005, 10:41 pm

Holm:<br /><br />Very nice time! Congratulations!<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] Polaco

Training

Post by [old] Polaco » December 3rd, 2005, 6:20 am

This morning in a fast race with the fast guys : Andreas, Jaap, Roland, Pieter and Hennnie I did:<br /><br /><br /><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>6:34.4</span></span><br /><br />9 seconds down from my previous PB . <br /><br />Next Saturday in Amsterdam I'll try sub 6:30, if I do it will be a nice Xmas present for me

[old] Pieter

Training

Post by [old] Pieter » December 3rd, 2005, 6:55 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Dec 3 2005, 05:20 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Dec 3 2005, 05:20 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->     This morning in a fast race with the fast guys : Andreas, Jaap, Roland, Pieter and Hennnie I did:<br /><br /><br /><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>6:34.4</span></span><br /><br />9 seconds down from my previous PB    . <br /><br />Next Saturday in Amsterdam I'll try sub 6:30, if I do it will be a nice Xmas present for me <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Congratulations Jaime!! <br /><br />It will be hard staying in front of you next week.<br /><br />And don't forget to save some energy for the 4x 1000 <br /><br />See you saturday

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » December 3rd, 2005, 7:17 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Dec 3 2005, 12:20 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Dec 3 2005, 12:20 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->     This morning in a fast race with the fast guys : Andreas, Jaap, Roland, Pieter and Hennnie I did:<br /><br /><br /><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>6:34.4</span></span><br /><br />9 seconds down from my previous PB    . <br /><br />Next Saturday in Amsterdam I'll try sub 6:30, if I do it will be a nice Xmas present for me <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Wow Jaime very good.<br /><br />Hennie

[old] johnnybike

Training

Post by [old] johnnybike » December 3rd, 2005, 8:46 am

Well done holm and Polaco - superb times<br /><br />Anybody reading my diary will have noted the disatisfaction with my form recently. I said last night that I was going to do a HM and just try and stay at 2:00 splits and see how far I could get. <br /><br />After doing 16.5k late yesterday afternoon I got up and set the clock at 21097. I did not have the avg split or proj time showing on the D, I just tried to pull around 2:00 and calculated my progress against that pace. At half way (42:04) I realised that I was around PB pace but I didn't do anything different. This was not a PB effort after all. Anyway I just kept on going and slowed a fraction in the last few K but with 2K to go I was bang on pace to equal my PB. I worked hard in the last 1K and got down by 11 seconds for a new PB <br /><br /><b>83:58.8 (1:59.4) 28 149HR an improve of 11 seconds. </b><br /><br />My rating was higher by 1 spm than normal and my HR was higher by 8 than my last PB which does indicate I am having to work harder for the same output which still makes me think I am a bit off colour. <br /><br />Quite a pleasing effort with no preparation or easing off. <br />

[old] Polaco

Training

Post by [old] Polaco » December 3rd, 2005, 8:53 am

Thank you very much guys!!! ANd congratulations on your new PB Johnny<br /><br />Now I have to re-calculate the paces for my Level 4 training and it's goning to be tougher , but I'll do it because the evidence says that is worth.

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » December 3rd, 2005, 9:11 am

<!--QuoteBegin-johnnybike+Dec 3 2005, 02:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(johnnybike @ Dec 3 2005, 02:46 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><b>83:58.8 (1:59.4) 28 149HR an improve of 11 seconds. </b><br /><br />My rating was higher by 1 spm than normal and my HR was higher by 8 than my last PB which does indicate I am having to work harder for the same output which still makes me think I am a bit off colour. <br /><br />Quite a pleasing effort with no preparation or easing off. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Well done Johnny a good new PB!<br /><br />Hennie

[old] bmoore

Training

Post by [old] bmoore » December 3rd, 2005, 10:04 am

New 2k PB from this morning's race.<br /><br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>2k 7:03.7</span></span><br /><br />An 11.2 second improvement. This is nowhere near what the workouts a few weeks ago would have dictated, but a PB is a PB...

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » December 3rd, 2005, 10:18 am

Wow, new PB this morning during Fall Series Sandbaggers' Heat ...<br /><br /><span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>2K ---> 07:29.8</span></span></span><br /><br />... down from 07:38.2. An 8.4 sec improvement.<br /><br />A nice improvement that I have the Wolverine Plan to thank. Thanks a million Mike!<br /><br />Did this during a power outage ...<br /><br /> <br /><br />... in the basement which has only two little high windows. Used two garden lanterns with candles, flashlight to light up the PM3, batteries for the satellite radio (for distraction), battery power for the laptop, plus a cellular laptop card Internet connection ... and it all worked long enough to get the race in!<br /><br />I felt like a pioneer.<br /><br /> <br /><br />As soon as the race was over, the power came back on ... as one would expect!<br /><br />Now, back for a LEVEL 4 workout ... next race is only a week away!<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » December 3rd, 2005, 10:24 am

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Dec 3 2005, 10:04 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Dec 3 2005, 10:04 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->New 2k PB from this morning's race.<br /><br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>2k 7:03.7</span></span><br /><br />An 11.2 second improvement.  This is nowhere near what the workouts a few weeks ago would have dictated, but a PB is a PB... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />This is AWESOME! <br /><br />It certainly says that you can go well under 7:00.0 at the CRASH-Bs. <br /><br />... and you slipped in the birth of a new son (and the first few "easy" weeks with a newborn in the house ... ha ha) during the training for this as well!<br /><br />Congratulations! Well done.<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » December 3rd, 2005, 10:26 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Dec 3 2005, 06:20 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Dec 3 2005, 06:20 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->     This morning in a fast race with the fast guys : Andreas, Jaap, Roland, Pieter and Hennnie I did:<br /><br /><br /><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>6:34.4</span></span><br /><br />9 seconds down from my previous PB    . <br /><br />Next Saturday in Amsterdam I'll try sub 6:30, if I do it will be a nice Xmas present for me <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Jamie:<br /><br />Wow, great improvement at that level! Congratulations!<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » December 3rd, 2005, 10:29 am

<!--QuoteBegin-johnnybike+Dec 3 2005, 08:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(johnnybike @ Dec 3 2005, 08:46 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well done holm and Polaco  - superb times<br /><br />Anybody reading my diary will have noted the disatisfaction with my form recently. I said last night that I was going to do a HM and just try and stay at 2:00 splits and see how far I could get. <br /><br />After doing 16.5k late yesterday afternoon I got up and set the clock at 21097. I did not have the avg split or proj time showing on the D, I just tried to pull around 2:00 and calculated my progress against that pace. At half way (42:04) I realised that I was around PB pace but I didn't do anything different. This was not a PB effort after all. Anyway I just kept on going and slowed a fraction in the last few K but with 2K to go I was bang on pace to equal my PB. I worked hard in the last 1K and got down by 11 seconds for a new PB <br /><br /><b>83:58.8 (1:59.4) 28 149HR an improve of 11 seconds. </b><br /><br />My rating was higher by 1 spm than normal and my HR was higher by 8 than my last PB which does indicate I am having to work harder for the same output which still makes me think I am a bit off colour. <br /><br />Quite a pleasing effort with no preparation or easing off. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />John:<br /><br />Congratulations!<br /><br />Some days, it just feels good, you're in the zone, and you go for it while it does and you are.<br /><br />A nice surprise, ehh? Take 'em when you get 'em.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] Pieter

Training

Post by [old] Pieter » December 3rd, 2005, 10:40 am

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Dec 3 2005, 09:18 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Dec 3 2005, 09:18 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Wow, new PB this morning during Fall Series Sandbaggers' Heat ...<br /><br /><span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>2K --->  07:29.8</span></span></span><br /><br />... down from 07:38.2.  An 8.4 sec improvement.<br /><br />A nice improvement that I have the Wolverine Plan to thank.  Thanks a million Mike!<br /><br />Did this during a power outage ...<br /><br /> <br /><br />... in the basement which has only two little high windows.  Used two garden lanterns with candles, flashlight to light up the PM3, batteries for the satellite radio (for distraction), battery power for the laptop, plus a cellular laptop card Internet connection ... and it all worked long enough to get the race in!<br /><br />I felt like a pioneer.<br /><br /> <br /><br />As soon as the race was over, the power came back on ... as one would expect!<br /><br />Now, back for a LEVEL 4 workout ... next race is only a week away!<br /><br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Congratulations mark,<br /><br />We talked about little improvements the other day.<br />Now this aint little.<br />Huge improvent!! 10 seconds off. Well done!<br /><br />But as Jaime told earlier today : also a new 2k reference pace <br /> <br /><br />Keep on rowing,<br /><br />Pieter

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » December 3rd, 2005, 10:49 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Pieter+Dec 3 2005, 10:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Pieter @ Dec 3 2005, 10:40 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Congratulations mark,<br /><br />We talked about little improvements the other day.<br />Now this aint little.<br />Huge improvent!! 10 seconds off. Well done!<br /><br />But as Jaime told earlier today : also a new 2k reference pace <br /> <br /><br />Keep on rowing,<br /><br />Pieter <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Pieter:<br /><br />Thank you.<br /><br />Yes, I remember our exchange from earlier this week, and I also agree with Jamie ... but I think I'll change my reference pace AFTER my US Midwest Championships race in January (my first live race ... not Internet). I don't want to confuse my training until after that.<br /><br />Row well ... Mark