New Personal Best

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] TheHagueDragon

Training

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » October 18th, 2005, 2:32 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GutBustin'+Oct 18 2005, 04:49 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(GutBustin' @ Oct 18 2005, 04:49 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Oct 17 2005, 03:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Oct 17 2005, 03:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Oct 17 2005, 06:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Oct 17 2005, 06:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hallo,<br /><br />It can be done but you have to train, train and train (lots of kms). I have done this for 10 months and now I make good times and I'm in almost in all distances in the 10%.<br /><br />So I think when I can you can do it too <br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hennie,<br /><br />You have a significant advantage over Mark (or me). You're more than 20cms (8inches) taller than Mark (or me). <br /><br />I'm almost lightweight (11st12 == 166lb == 75.1Kg). I put my BIRC entry in the M40 HWT category. I've been doing lots of Kms since 10th Sept.<br /><br />Dougie. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I checked out Hennie's log and he's done more than 2 and a half million metres this season. Sounds to me like that's the bigger advantage. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />With all respect of the huge amount of metres my good friend Hennie did, i think it's more important the way you train on the erge. <br />Hennie's times on the shorter distances improved dramaticaly when he trained different. He trained the shorter distances in intervalls and stuff like that.<br />Now he is ready to improve his 500 and 1000 times. There have to come seconds off these times. <br /><br />I only train maximum 1,5 hour a week on the erge for the last year. In one year i only rowed 600 km. I wish too i had the time to row more.<br />Look at my stats, in all (except 10k) distances i was in the top 10% of last season.<br />Each trainingsession is about 30 minutes but almost all sessions are intervals.

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » October 18th, 2005, 3:07 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TheHagueDragon+Oct 18 2005, 08:32 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TheHagueDragon @ Oct 18 2005, 08:32 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-GutBustin'+Oct 18 2005, 04:49 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(GutBustin' @ Oct 18 2005, 04:49 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Oct 17 2005, 03:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Oct 17 2005, 03:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Oct 17 2005, 06:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Oct 17 2005, 06:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hallo,<br /><br />It can be done but you have to train, train and train (lots of kms). I have done this for 10 months and now I make good times and I'm in almost in all distances in the 10%.<br /><br />So I think when I can you can do it too <br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hennie,<br /><br />You have a significant advantage over Mark (or me). You're more than 20cms (8inches) taller than Mark (or me). <br /><br />I'm almost lightweight (11st12 == 166lb == 75.1Kg). I put my BIRC entry in the M40 HWT category. I've been doing lots of Kms since 10th Sept.<br /><br />Dougie. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I checked out Hennie's log and he's done more than 2 and a half million metres this season. Sounds to me like that's the bigger advantage. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />With all respect of the huge amount of metres my good friend Hennie did, i think it's more important the way you train on the erge. <br />Hennie's times on the shorter distances improved dramaticaly when he trained different. He trained the shorter distances in intervalls and stuff like that.<br />Now he is ready to improve his 500 and 1000 times. There have to come seconds off these times. <br /><br />I only train maximum 1,5 hour a week on the erge for the last year. In one year i only rowed 600 km. I wish too i had the time to row more.<br />Look at my stats, in all (except 10k) distances i was in the top 10% of last season.<br />Each trainingsession is about 30 minutes but almost all sessions are intervals. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Maarten,<br /><br />You're right. I make less metres and focus more on the shorter work now and it helps!<br /><br />But it has helped to do lots of metres in the beginning (physical (endurance/hr/strenght) and metally (motivation/not to stop but keep on rowing)).<br /><br />I don't have much of a background in sport (always did something but never at such a level). I wish I had found the erg a lot sooner!!! <br /><br />Hennie <br /><br />

[old] rspenger

Training

Post by [old] rspenger » October 18th, 2005, 6:59 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GutBustin'+Oct 17 2005, 07:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(GutBustin' @ Oct 17 2005, 07:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I checked out Hennie's log and he's done more than 2 and a half million metres this season. Sounds to me like that's the bigger advantage. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />How did you get access to his log? I thought that the logs were supposed to be private except for the ranked pieces. There was another message, some time back, that gave the implication that the sender, one of the more prolific contributors, had access to another member's log. I was rather shocked to see it, but decided that I had probably made the wrong inference, i.e. that the information was available elsewhere, probably from the ranked records. Now I am not so sure. Since, in that particular case, the data was used in a derogatory way, I think that it is unfortunate that it is possible to get access to what should be private records.<br /><br />Bob S.

[old] PeterWilkinson

Training

Post by [old] PeterWilkinson » October 18th, 2005, 9:12 am

First PB since June.<br /><br />6K: 22:43.3 @ 1:53.6 27SPM MHR167. New PB by 8.9 seconds.<br /><br />Needed a confidence builder. This is just the ticket...

[old] GutBustin'

Training

Post by [old] GutBustin' » October 18th, 2005, 9:24 am

<!--QuoteBegin-rspenger+Oct 18 2005, 06:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(rspenger @ Oct 18 2005, 06:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-GutBustin'+Oct 17 2005, 07:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(GutBustin' @ Oct 17 2005, 07:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I checked out Hennie's log and he's done more than 2 and a half million metres this season. Sounds to me like that's the bigger advantage. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />How did you get access to his log? I thought that the logs were supposed to be private except for the ranked pieces. There was another message, some time back, that gave the implication that the sender, one of the more prolific contributors, had access to another member's log. I was rather shocked to see it, but decided that I had probably made the wrong inference, i.e. that the information was available elsewhere, probably from the ranked records. Now I am not so sure. Since, in that particular case, the data was used in a derogatory way, I think that it is unfortunate that it is possible to get access to what should be private records.<br /><br />Bob S. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I clicked on the link at the bottom of his signature. It's not his personal log, but his team's log. But it does show how many metres he's done this season.<br />GB

[old] TheHagueDragon

Training

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » October 18th, 2005, 9:27 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GutBustin'+Oct 18 2005, 03:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(GutBustin' @ Oct 18 2005, 03:24 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-rspenger+Oct 18 2005, 06:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(rspenger @ Oct 18 2005, 06:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-GutBustin'+Oct 17 2005, 07:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(GutBustin' @ Oct 17 2005, 07:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I checked out Hennie's log and he's done more than 2 and a half million metres this season. Sounds to me like that's the bigger advantage. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />How did you get access to his log? I thought that the logs were supposed to be private except for the ranked pieces. There was another message, some time back, that gave the implication that the sender, one of the more prolific contributors, had access to another member's log. I was rather shocked to see it, but decided that I had probably made the wrong inference, i.e. that the information was available elsewhere, probably from the ranked records. Now I am not so sure. Since, in that particular case, the data was used in a derogatory way, I think that it is unfortunate that it is possible to get access to what should be private records.<br /><br />Bob S. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I clicked on the link at the bottom of his signature. It's not his personal log, but his team's log. But it does show how many metres he's done this season.<br />GB <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You can also see this when you go to your own logbook click on Challenges, Annual Meters Honor Board en then on 10.000+Daily<br />

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » October 18th, 2005, 9:45 am

<!--QuoteBegin-PeterWilkinson+Oct 18 2005, 09:12 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PeterWilkinson @ Oct 18 2005, 09:12 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->First PB since June.<br /><br />6K: 22:43.3 @ 1:53.6 27SPM MHR167. New PB by 8.9 seconds.<br /><br />Needed a confidence builder. This is just the ticket... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Peter:<br /><br />Outstanding, congratulations from one of the members of the "slow team" that hopes to be where you are some day before they die (that would be me).<br /><br />Here's to many more PBs for you in the days, weeks, months, and years to come.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] rspenger

Training

Post by [old] rspenger » October 18th, 2005, 12:32 pm

[quote=TheHagueDragon,Oct 18 2005, 06:27 AM]<br />I clicked on the link at the bottom of his signature. It's not his personal log, but his team's log. But it does show how many metres he's done this season.<br />GB <br />[/quote]<br /><br />You can also see this when you go to your own logbook click on Challenges, Annual Meters Honor Board en then on 10.000+Daily <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Interesting information. Thank you.<br /><br />Bob S.

[old] jbell

Training

Post by [old] jbell » October 18th, 2005, 6:13 pm

New vest 6k: 23:04. I'm soooo close to breaking 23, just wished the 3500-3000m wasnt @ 1:56.9. If it was at 1:56.0 I would have had it. Anyone know any good workouts for 6k?

[old] Citroen

Training

Post by [old] Citroen » October 22nd, 2005, 1:33 pm

Rowed 5K warm-up<br /><br />Rowed 6K <br /><span style='color:red'><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><b>New PB 22:48.2 (-34.4 secs)<br /></b></span></span><br />Rowed 5K cool down

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » October 22nd, 2005, 2:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Oct 22 2005, 01:33 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Oct 22 2005, 01:33 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Rowed 5K warm-up<br /><br />Rowed 6K  <br /><span style='color:red'><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><b>New PB 22:48.2 (-34.4 secs)<br /></b></span></span><br />Rowed 5K cool down <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Dougie:<br /><br />Congrats, that's an awesome improvement!<br /><br />I was to race a handicap 6K this morning, but was up all night with a major case of heartburn-like pain due to my hiatal hernia. I ate dinner much too late last night. I checked out of the race, let everyone know, and then went back to bed once the pain subsided -- which really had me steamed & frustrated.<br /><br />I got on the erg this afternoon here (east coast US time), and in a fit of passion, did a 1K warm-up and then tried a 2K for time ... more to release the frustration from having to miss ... what I wanted to be ... a 6K PB this morning. Then a 2K cool down. I did the 2K for time in:<br /><br />07:38.2<br /><br />... which was an improvement of 21.3 seconds from my previous best of 07:59.5 on June 13, 2005. This gives me hope that breaking 7:00.0 for me is not without some possibility (and lots more work). I also feel it indicates I should be able to get under 20:00.0 for 5K pretty easily -- maybe even down to 19:30.<br /><br />On top of this, it tells me the training is paying off ... nice to know!<br /><br />I was a pound or two over 75kg today, so I did this -- officially -- as a HW.<br /><br />Since you are a newer rower, and you are about my size, I've been watching your workouts and trying to be as disciplined, although I tend to do much more distance and many, many fewer intervals than you, even though I do enjoy the change of pace that comes with them. I often feel too stressed from business to do anything but jump on the erg and just row 5K to 10K (I typically row right before dinner). I need to get better at planning my workout week (or month for that matter) and injecting more intervals.<br /><br />Once again, congrats! Have a pint (or two), you deserve it (them). I know I will!<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] Citroen

Training

Post by [old] Citroen » October 22nd, 2005, 2:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Oct 22 2005, 07:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Oct 22 2005, 07:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Once again, congrats!  Have a pint (or two), you deserve it (them).  I know I will!<br /><br />Regards -- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thank you. Congrats on your 2K PB.<br /><br />I've been following <a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5409' target='_blank'>the Pete Plan</a>, rowing 6 days a week since 10th Sept. That's my preparation for BIRCs.<br /><br />Best regards, Dougie.<br /><br />

[old] bmoore

Training

Post by [old] bmoore » October 22nd, 2005, 4:40 pm

This morning's race pulled me to a new 6k PB:<br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>22:12.6</span></span>

[old] johnnybike

Training

Post by [old] johnnybike » October 22nd, 2005, 4:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Citroen+Oct 22 2005, 01:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Citroen @ Oct 22 2005, 01:59 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Oct 22 2005, 07:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Oct 22 2005, 07:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Once again, congrats!  Have a pint (or two), you deserve it (them).  I know I will!<br /><br />Regards -- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thank you. Congrats on your 2K PB.<br /><br />I've been following <a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5409' target='_blank'>the Pete Plan</a>, rowing 6 days a week since 10th Sept. That's my preparation for BIRCs.<br /><br />Best regards, Dougie. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well done Dougie. You said you could get a PB and now you have.<br /><br />If yo have a gym in Basingstoke that I can get into I don't mind meeting up one evening.<br /><br />John<br />

[old] mpukita

Training

Post by [old] mpukita » October 22nd, 2005, 5:13 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-bmoore+Oct 22 2005, 04:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(bmoore @ Oct 22 2005, 04:40 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->This morning's race pulled me to a new 6k PB:<br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>22:12.6</span></span> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Bill:<br /><br />Outstanding, good work!<br /><br />Regards -- Mark