New Personal Best

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » May 13th, 2005, 11:45 am

Hi, <br />today I wanted to crack the 7 mins in 2k, but I failed in the last 500. <br />As I was quite disapointed, I just sat again on the erg, and went for the 1k:<br />PB wit 3:23,5!<br />Will have to have another try on the 2k one of these days, although with this weather, onwater rowing is calling!

[old] gaffano

Training

Post by [old] gaffano » May 14th, 2005, 10:46 am

I have not been rowing as much as I used to due to my father being ill the last few months. Unfortunately he passed away yesterday morning in the hospital after fighting diabetes, cardio disease, and lung problems related somewhat to smoking. <br /><br />Anyway I woke up this morning feeling a little down, and did not want to get out of bed. However, I decided to motivate myself to row as a form of therapy. I was going to post my time, but that is relatively insignificant. I guess I just wanted to say that sometimes our Personal Bests are not deterimined by numbers generated from a PM2-3. The fact that we excercise to improve the quality and health of our lives is really the ultimate Personal Best. <br /><br />Sorry..I do not want to turn this thread away from its main purpose...I just felt compelled to make this point. I look forward to posting many years of numerical PBs. Thanks C2..........

[old] andyArvid

Training

Post by [old] andyArvid » May 14th, 2005, 11:09 am

<!--QuoteBegin-gaffano+May 14 2005, 10:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(gaffano @ May 14 2005, 10:46 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have not been rowing as much as I used to due to my father being ill the last few months. Unfortunately he passed away yesterday morning in the hospital after fighting diabetes, cardio disease, and lung problems related somewhat to smoking.  <br /><br />Anyway I woke up this morning feeling a little down, and did not want to get out of bed. However, I decided to motivate myself to row as a form of therapy. I was going to post my time, but that is relatively insignificant. I guess I just wanted to say that sometimes our Personal Bests are not deterimined by numbers generated from a PM2-3. The fact that we excercise to improve the quality and health of our lives is really the ultimate Personal Best. <br /><br />Sorry..I do not want to turn this thread away from its main purpose...I just felt compelled to make this point.  I look forward to posting many years of numerical PBs.  Thanks C2.......... <br /> </td></tr></table><br />My heartfelt sympathies. You are certainly right. In the grand scheme of things, rowing and PBs don't seem that important. But it is often the little things that make life a joy to live. I suggest you honor your father by trying to remember some of those "little" things.

[old] andyArvid

Training

Post by [old] andyArvid » May 14th, 2005, 11:17 am

Unexpected PB in the HM 88:22 (2:05.7). Tough week at work and originally planned to row only 12-14k at 2:08. 5k at 2:07.5, 10k and 15k at 2:07. Then gradually increased the pace the rest of the way (last 1k at 1:58). My only other HM was an utter failure during Le tour. so this is a PB.

[old] michaelb

Training

Post by [old] michaelb » May 14th, 2005, 12:52 pm

I injured my shoulder last year, so I haven't tried a PB in over a year. Plus I had been waiting for Rowpro to really work online, so I could start setting PBs in online races. Since summer is rapidly approaching, I decided to take a crack at my favorite distance, the 10k. Previous PB: 39:36. There was some confusion getting the row going online this morning, so I only rowed it with one other person, but still: new PB of 38:53.8.<br /><br />In addition to the general confusion online at the start, I had some other obstacles to overcome:<br /><br />1) since I am alone with the kids this weekend, I didn't get to warm up. I guess a pillow fight and then a wrestling match was my warmup, before plugging them into a spiderman video.<br /><br />2) At the start, I didn't see the other boats go off the line, so I stopped and was going to cancel the race. Then I saw Henry paddling along. After about a minute I decided that he wasn't a ghost ship and this was for real, so I kept going. But I gave up at least 4 secs in the 1st 500m.<br /><br />3) my CD player decided to stop playing and instead spin aimlessly for the entire row. It started playing up again right as I finished. I haven't rowed without music in a long time, and so I had forgotten the zen of the swoosh swoosh swoosh of the flywheel and chain.<br /><br />But in the end I felt strong and it feels nice to be back rowing hard every now and then.<br /><br />

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » May 15th, 2005, 11:11 am

New PB on the 5000 m. 18:11,0 (was 18:19,4). It was a suprise when I noticed that I could row a new PB! It was a good rowing day <br /><br />Hennie

[old] Deleerious

Training

Post by [old] Deleerious » May 15th, 2005, 11:52 am

Male, 5'9'', 155lbs, 16 years old<br /><br />2k went from 6:44.8 1:41.2<br /> TO A<br /> 6:43.0 1:40.75<br /><br />No lightweight has broken 6:40 on my team, ever. For the 6k it's 1:48.8, or about 21:45. I'm on my way to being the fastest lightweight in my teams history.

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » May 18th, 2005, 9:44 am

PB on the 2000m 6:55,6 (was 7:02,0). <br /><br />Hennie

[old] TheHagueDragon

Training

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » May 18th, 2005, 9:47 am

good work Hennie!<br /><br />Maarten

[old] CAROLE MAC

Training

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » May 18th, 2005, 9:52 am

well done Hennie part of the sub 7 brigade now....

[old] popey

Training

Post by [old] popey » May 18th, 2005, 10:08 am

Posting site virgin so bear with me.<br /><br />Just wanted to shout to people who will empathise and know how good i feel that, today, for the first time, i rowed 2k in under 7 minutes.<br /><br />time 6.55.8. <br /><br />split 1.44.0<br /><br />Telling my colleagues ain't the same and my wife, God love her, is great but her eyes glaze over.<br /><br />Gone from being a 20 stone butterball a few months ago (19st 12 lb - (278) lb to 16 st 3lb today and (I hope) a respectable rower to boot.<br /><br /><br />keep at it.

[old] OmarGowad

Training

Post by [old] OmarGowad » May 18th, 2005, 10:15 am

Hi all,<br /><br />Having just discovered the Concept2 competitions, I am so thrilled!<br /><br />Since around 2002, I took up rowing on Concept2 in my gym, concentrating on 20mins. Then in 2004, I started 30mins, totally unaware of these challenges.<br /><br />I hit a peak of around 1:49.3. But recently, I've been working my lower and upper back extensively, which really started to ache after 25mins. I've been setting PB's for 30mins over the last fortnight, and today, I got an average split of 1:46.3 (8466m), wiping the floor with my PB set last week of 1:47.1. My back doesn't ache hardly any now!<br /><br />I can't believe how my times stand up to the ranking lists. I guess pushing yourself to get a little faster each time really pays off. Sorry to boast but I am well pleased.<br /><br />Bye for now<br /><br />Omar

[old] ancho

Training

Post by [old] ancho » May 18th, 2005, 10:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-popey+May 18 2005, 03:08 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(popey @ May 18 2005, 03:08 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Posting  site virgin so bear with me.<br /><br />Just wanted to shout to people who will empathise and  know how good i feel that, today, for the first time, i rowed 2k in under 7 minutes.<br /><br />time 6.55.8. <br />split 1.44.0<br /><br />Telling my colleagues ain't the same and my wife, God love her, is great but her eyes glaze over.<br /><br />Gone from being a 20 stone butterball a few months ago (19st 12 lb - (278) lb to 16 st 3lb today  and  (I hope) a respectable rower to boot.<br /><br /><br />keep at it. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That's an impressive progression:<br />20% less weight = 20 % less time in 2k? Congratulations!<br />I can understand very welll how you feel (just failed cracking 2k under 7 min): My wife also think's I'm mad, and she probably is right! (and wait for when you train for a marathon)<br />Anyway, I just convinced her to give the c2 a try in her gym, maybe she'll get hooked as well...<br />For now, probably we'll be rowing the catalan championship in mixed 2x by end of may! Let's see how it works! <br /><br />Keep it on and have a good row!<br />

[old] popey

Training

Post by [old] popey » May 18th, 2005, 11:02 am

cheers ancho for your kind words!<br /><br /> a sel;f-satisfied smile still is still plastered on my face and precious little work getting done here this afternoon (i'm posting from the newsdesk of a national newspaper in Scotland).<br /><br />anyway, i have every faith in you old chap, you WILL break that 7 minutes soon based on the 1k time you mentioned earlier.<br /><br />

[old] hennmart

Training

Post by [old] hennmart » May 18th, 2005, 11:21 am

<!--QuoteBegin-popey+May 18 2005, 04:08 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(popey @ May 18 2005, 04:08 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Posting  site virgin so bear with me.<br /><br />time 6.55.8. <br /><br />keep at it. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Congrat Popey with your sub 7 PB. I know how it feels, did the same today.<br /><br />Maarten and Carole thanks.<br /><br />Omar welcome!<br /><br />Hennie