Slides have arrived!

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
warnie
1k Poster

Slides have arrived!

Post by warnie » September 2nd, 2024, 10:12 am

Slides Update: Well the new rowerg and slides arrived first thing this morning, 3 days after ordering! After making room in my garage gym I started unpacking and assembling the rowerg. Took around 10/15 minutes, so easy to do (even for me!). The Rowerg feels so much smaller than the Model E I currently have but I really like it - especially with the integrated tablet/iphone holder!

Slides next, they are so much heavier and bigger than I had anticipated - you can tell the quality of these. I don't know why I didn't think they'd be as heavy or as big but it was a surprise!

As it was lunchtime I was rushed for time so placed the slides on the floor, rowerg on top and had a 5km row followed by a timed 1km row. Absolutely loved it, felt so different to static form but still a long way away from getting used to it. I did hit the top of the front slides 3 or 4 times but I put that down to this being my first attempt.

However, what I hadn't realised in my rush to have a workout that the slides should be 47cm apart, I measured after the row and I had them down with a gap of 29cm!! Made me feel even better about the row!! Incidentally the 1km turned out to be my best 1k of the year!!! Love the equipment!

hikeplusrow
2k Poster

Re: Slides have arrived!

Post by hikeplusrow » September 3rd, 2024, 1:11 pm

warnie wrote:
September 2nd, 2024, 10:12 am
Slides Update: Well the new rowerg and slides arrived first thing this morning, 3 days after ordering! After making room in my garage gym I started unpacking and assembling the rowerg. Took around 10/15 minutes, so easy to do (even for me!). The Rowerg feels so much smaller than the Model E I currently have but I really like it - especially with the integrated tablet/iphone holder!

Slides next, they are so much heavier and bigger than I had anticipated - you can tell the quality of these. I don't know why I didn't think they'd be as heavy or as big but it was a surprise!

As it was lunchtime I was rushed for time so placed the slides on the floor, rowerg on top and had a 5km row followed by a timed 1km row. Absolutely loved it, felt so different to static form but still a long way away from getting used to it. I did hit the top of the front slides 3 or 4 times but I put that down to this being my first attempt.

However, what I hadn't realised in my rush to have a workout that the slides should be 47cm apart, I measured after the row and I had them down with a gap of 29cm!! Made me feel even better about the row!! Incidentally the 1km turned out to be my best 1k of the year!!! Love the equipment!
"Slide away - and give it all you've got...." (N. Gallagher)

Very topical :D

Cyclist2
10k Poster

Post by Cyclist2 » September 3rd, 2024, 11:56 pm

Glad you're happy with the slides. Long term, I think you'll be more satisfied with your workouts - put on a rowing scenery video (or go with a 3rd party app like EXR) and you can imagine yourself gliding through the water in exotic locations.
warnie wrote:
September 2nd, 2024, 10:12 am
However, what I hadn't realised in my rush to have a workout that the slides should be 47cm apart
47cm is fine. Mine are spaced 18" apart (45 cm). The way I spaced them is set them up but before you put the erg on them, let them settle naturally, then space the two carriages the same length apart as the erg legs. It will be right in that range. I use a taut string to ensure the two slides are exactly in line, I don't want any wearing caused by misalignment.
Another hint; when you are finished with the workout, lift the erg legs out of the troughs. The wider front legs will rest on the top of the slide rails, the narrower back legs will rest on the ground. You don't have to move the slides and it's easy to lift the erg back onto the carriages before the next workout. I do this to prevent the weight of the (patiently waiting, motionless) erg putting dents in the nylon(?) tracks that the slide rollers ride on. You will feel those dents eventually during the sliding back and forth, same as dirt on the erg rail.

Have fun!
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.

warnie
1k Poster

Post by warnie » September 4th, 2024, 10:43 am

Cheers Mark, will do, great advice.

I only set them up with my eyes but will definitely make sure they are in line with a straight line or something else. I use EXR so that's good but I'll also watch music videos or a film on the big screen! Depending how long I want to row for!!

So far so good, feels so much better and I love the action of the rower now that it's dynamic compared to static!