What command is used to transition from rest to the next interval if no time is specified on PM5?

Post questions and issues with Concept2 PM3 SDK
serhii.h.serhii
Paddler

What command is used to transition from rest to the next interval if no time is specified on PM5?

Post by serhii.h.serhii » August 14th, 2024, 7:47 am

Hi there!

I'm setting up a workout on the Concept2 PM5 using variable intervals. I have an interval with a rest period where no specific time is set. I'd like to know which CSAFE command should be used to force the transition from this rest interval to the next one when the rest time isn't predefined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gvcormac
6k Poster

Re: What command is used to transition from rest to the next interval if no time is specified on PM5?

Post by gvcormac » August 14th, 2024, 9:11 am

It gives you a prompt to hit button D when you're ready.

Or you can do it with ergdata.

serhii.h.serhii
Paddler

Re: What command is used to transition from rest to the next interval if no time is specified on PM5?

Post by serhii.h.serhii » August 14th, 2024, 9:42 am

gvcormac wrote:
August 14th, 2024, 9:11 am

Thank you for the response! I'm actually developing my own app that connects to the Concept2, and I'm trying to figure out the exact byte command I need to send to make the Concept2 continue the workout after the rest period. I understand that ErgData has this capability, so I'm interested in incorporating this functionality into my app. Could you provide more details on how to do this programmatically?

gvcormac
6k Poster

Post by gvcormac » August 15th, 2024, 7:33 am

serhii.h.serhii wrote:
August 14th, 2024, 9:42 am
gvcormac wrote:
August 14th, 2024, 9:11 am

Thank you for the response! I'm actually developing my own app that connects to the Concept2, and I'm trying to figure out the exact byte command I need to send to make the Concept2 continue the workout after the rest period. I understand that ErgData has this capability, so I'm interested in incorporating this functionality into my app. Could you provide more details on how to do this programmatically?
Understood. I neglected to pay attention to the group that you posted to.

serhii.h.serhii
Paddler

Post by serhii.h.serhii » August 21st, 2024, 5:09 am

I recently encountered a situation where I needed to transition from a rest interval to the next interval on the Concept2 PM5 when no specific rest time was set. After reaching out to Concept2 support, I got a helpful response that I wanted to share here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

Solution:

To force the PM5 to transition from the rest interval to the next one when no time is specified, you can send a virtual key press command to simulate a user pressing the "continue" button on the PM.

However, please note that this capability is firmware-dependent. Here are the minimum firmware versions required for the continue command to work:
  • RowErgs: v206/v167/v30
  • SkiErgs: v906/v869/v731
  • BikeErgs: v327/v356
If the PM5 firmware is older than the versions listed above, the "continue" button won't appear, and the user will need to press "continue" manually on the PM5.

Command Details:

The continue command is sent as a virtual key press using the ScreenType command with the Virtual Key D (value 50).

Here are the relevant key values:

Code: Select all

SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_A       // Virtual key select A (47)
SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_B       // Virtual key select B (48)
SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_C       // Virtual key select C (49)
SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_D       // Virtual key select D (50)
SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_E       // Virtual key select E (51)
SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_UNITS   // Virtual key select Units (52)
SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_DISPLAY // Virtual key select Display (53)
SCREENVALUEWORKOUT_VIRTUALKEY_MENU    // Virtual key select Menu (54)
This solution worked well for me, and I hope it helps others who might face the same issue. Let me know if you have any questions or need further details!