New SkiErg: Vibration and roar from the right handle

Talk about the ski ergometer and training tool from Concept2
Tobi79
Paddler

New SkiErg: Vibration and roar from the right handle

Post by Tobi79 » June 7th, 2024, 2:05 pm

Hello everyone and greetings from Germany!

I hope you can help me with some tips. A few days ago I bought a new SkiErg, which I attached to the wall like the old one (the "old" SkiErg was borrowed from the family and I haven't seen it again...) :D

While the left handle ran smoothly, I noticed a slight jolt in the right handle right from the start, which then went through the whole device and it vibrated and rattled from the flywheel. When I took the right cover off, the problem was greatly reduced. Concept 2 Support Germany suspected that the spring that pushes the two rollers on the flywheel apart might be missing, but that wasn't it either, so they replaced the SkiErg. Today I got the old one replaced for a new one directly via UPS, very fast and great support.

Then came the shock: the same problem with the replacement device, only worse and again only on the right handle. Rattling, droning, rattling. Things don't get any better here if you take off the side cover.

I checked all the screws again and also tested the device free-standing (detached from the wall so that there can be no tension from there, which was a suspicion from C2 Support).

This isn't my first SkiErg and the assembly is foolproof, but I'm starting to really doubt my sanity.

Thanks for the advice and tips!

carldstevens
Paddler

Re: New SkiErg: Vibration and roar from the right handle

Post by carldstevens » June 17th, 2024, 6:41 am

Any solution yet?