Logging both rower & bike data to C2 logbook

Discuss all things related to the BikeErg, Concept2's newest product.
Pull
Paddler

Logging both rower & bike data to C2 logbook

Post by Pull » December 15th, 2023, 12:51 pm

Have had rower for some time and log workouts via ERG phone app. Thinking of acquiring C2 bike erg. Question is if my rowing data is entered into log and then I jump on bike for workout and collect that data via its PM5 do I use same phone app and does data enter into same logbook as rower ERG or do I create a separate bike data log? I want to use bike data in addition to rower for various challenges. I see on the log that there is a pulldown for bike erg. Will the bike C2 phone app automatically enter data as bike ERG? I know that distance on bike is half that of rower. Probably have made this overly complicated.

Cyclist2
10k Poster

Re: Logging both rower & bike data to C2 logbook

Post by Cyclist2 » December 15th, 2023, 1:15 pm

Yes. ErgData connects to the PM5 on either, puts the results in the same logbook, differentiates between the two different ergs. No need for a separate log, you can filter the logbook to look at each erg's meters, or look at the total for both. For the challenges, C2 automatically takes half for the BikeErg meters, but in your logbook it still records the full distance.

I have both ergs sitting side by side, and log meters on both. My wife and I sometimes log meters at the same time - ErgData connects to each with our own iPhones, no cross connecting or glitches.

Enjoy your (potentially) new BikeErg!
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.

Pull
Paddler

Post by Pull » December 15th, 2023, 3:48 pm

Thanks for making that simple.

Pranav
Paddler

Post by Pranav » December 19th, 2023, 10:53 am

Pull wrote:
December 15th, 2023, 12:51 pm
Have had rower for some time and log workouts via ERG phone app. Thinking of acquiring C2 bike erg. Question is if my rowing data is entered into log and then I jump on bike for workout and collect that data via its PM5 do I use same phone app and does data enter into same logbook as rower ERG or do I create a separate bike data log? I want to use bike data in addition to rower for various challenges. I see on the log that there is a pulldown for bike erg. Will the bike C2 phone app automatically enter data as bike ERG? I know that distance on bike is half that of rower. Probably have made this overly complicated.
When integrating the C2 bike erg into your routine, you can use the same phone app and logbook as your rower ERG. The PM5 on the bike will sync with the app, allowing you to have a consolidated log for both rowing and biking workouts. The dropdown for bike erg on the log reflects this compatibility. While the distance on the bike is typically half that of the rower, the app should handle these nuances, streamlining your data collection without unnecessary complexity. Happy logging and exercising!

bullitt0347
Paddler

Post by bullitt0347 » March 13th, 2024, 5:59 am

Cyclist2 wrote:
December 15th, 2023, 1:15 pm
Yes. ErgData connects to the PM5 on either, puts the results in the same logbook, differentiates between the two different ergs. No need for a separate log, you can filter the logbook to look at each erg's meters, or look at the total for both. For the challenges, C2 automatically takes half for the BikeErg meters, but in your logbook it still records the full distance.

I have both ergs sitting side by side, and log meters on both. My wife and I sometimes log meters at the same time - ErgData connects to each with our own iPhones, no cross connecting or glitches.

Enjoy your (potentially) new BikeErg!
Ha, we do exactly the same, I'll be on the rower and the better half on the bike. Likewise we don't have any problems with the PM5's. When I've finished I sometimes go on the Bike and simply disconnect the phone app from the rower PM5 and reconnect to the Bike PM5. Personally I think the app is fantastic, saves so much time.