sorry, but the concept2 utility

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
LtMandella
Paddler

sorry, but the concept2 utility

Post by LtMandella » April 5th, 2023, 6:48 pm

is just about the worst piece of software I have tried to use in my 25+ years of using computers. And I was a web and database programmer for 20 years.

The software blocks.
The software does not keep user informed in a timely manner of status and progress.
The software freezes constantly.

I could go on but I won't. I regret updating to a PM5, the hassle was not worth it.
p.s. The year before Covid I put 1 MILLION meters on my ConceptD/PM4. I am not a new user...

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: sorry, but the concept2 utility

Post by Citroen » April 6th, 2023, 2:50 am

Write an email to info@concept2.com and let the developers know (they don't follow this forum).

Carl Watts
Marathon Poster

Post by Carl Watts » April 6th, 2023, 5:41 am

Not sure why you are having trouble with it.

The only problem I had with it was when I tried to use it AFTER using RowPro. You just couldn't read the PM5 memory properly to be able to check the tick box of the particular row you wanted to upload and I had to reboot the PC for it to work. I only needed to do this a couple of times a year after RP crashed during the row and failed to get a result.

Make sure your PM5 is on the latest firmware.

Not sure what computer you are using, mines is a few years old a HP Z240 still running Windows 10 because the CPU doesn't support Win 11.

Cannot say the utility has been a problem for me, are you using the latest version of it 7.10.15 ?
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

gvcormac
6k Poster

Post by gvcormac » April 6th, 2023, 7:23 am

I wonder if your USB connection is flakey. I have some issues because my laptop is USB C which really isn't up to supporting a heavy USB A printer cable. So I have to be very careful plugging it in with a coaster for support, and bad things happen when it glitches. But I've never had a problem starting over for an upload, and I've never had a problem with firmware update. I have three concept 2s so I've done a lot of updates.