How to transfer rowing data history from pm3 to new pm5?

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
LtMandella
Paddler

How to transfer rowing data history from pm3 to new pm5?

Post by LtMandella » April 5th, 2023, 8:52 pm

Has anyone successfully used the latest concept2 utility on a windows 64bit machines to upload PM3 logcard data and then transfer to PM5? How did you do it?

I have tried the latest windows concept2 utility and it seems riddled with defects. It constantly freezes, or stops responding, and/or pops up an alert saying I have multiple devices connected when I only have either a pm3 or pm5 connected, never both at same time of course.

Note I do use a USB mouse/keyboard. Can it be true that the concept2 utility is so stupid it confuses a USN mouse/keyboard for a monitor?

My windows machine has 32gb ram, is an I7 with 40 gb of so free space on C: after utility installation. I am an expert windows user...

thanks for any ideas,
LT

Carl Watts
Marathon Poster

Re: How to transfer rowing data history from pm3 to new pm5?

Post by Carl Watts » April 6th, 2023, 5:55 am

Why would you need to transfer the data in that way ?

Start a Concept 2 online LogBook, you are not really interested in storing anything on the PM5 for anything longer than it takes to upload the result to the logBook. Its temporary storage.

ErgData on your phone forms a better logbook that then syncs to the C2 Logbook. The PM5 memory can crash and burn and it may need a factory reset or else a firmware update can wipe the memory. The only permanent result storage comes from using the "Cloud" that the C2 Logbook provides.

The Utility was always a last resort for me to get a result uploaded, The PM5 would have to lose RowPro during the row AND ErgData would have to crash so the PM5 memory was 3rd down the list.

The best thing the PM5 memory can be used for is formatting it at the start of the season on the 1st May and you can use the summary for the whole season for quick and easy access to stats.
Carl Watts.
Concept 2 Monitor Service Technician & indoor rower.
http://log.concept2.com/profile/863525/log

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: How to transfer rowing data history from pm3 to new pm5?

Post by Citroen » April 6th, 2023, 9:58 am

Carl Watts wrote:
April 6th, 2023, 5:55 am
Why would you need to transfer the data in that way ?
That's a moot question since it's not possible.