Where to row on a dynamic C2 machine in Sydney?

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
Hangar18
Paddler

Where to row on a dynamic C2 machine in Sydney?

Post by Hangar18 » January 22nd, 2022, 1:53 am

Hi all, I’m really keen to give the dynamic rowing a bash but have no idea where to “test” one out. My rowing club only has slides and as far as I can see most clubs are the same. Any ideas?

Ombrax
10k Poster

Re: Where to row on a dynamic C2 machine in Sydney?

Post by Ombrax » January 22nd, 2022, 2:55 am

Does it really need to be a Dynamic?

How about if folks describe to you the differences between slides and a Dynamic? Might that (and you trying slides) be enough to help?

I don't have experience on either, but have heard that the Dynamic doesn't make as much noise as a "static." (which presumably would still be the case if you went with a static on slides)

Good Luck

mict450
6k Poster

Post by mict450 » January 22nd, 2022, 4:29 am

Ombrax wrote:
January 22nd, 2022, 2:55 am

I don't have experience on either, but have heard that the Dynamic doesn't make as much noise as a "static." (which presumably would still be the case if you went with a static on slides)
I haven't tried either one either, but have read in this forum that the C2 dynamic is disturbingly louder than the static. Happened to someone living in the EU. Fortunately, they were able to exchange it for a static through the local C2 vendor.
Eric, YOB:1954
Old, slow & getting more so
Shasta County, CA, small town USA

Ombrax
10k Poster

Post by Ombrax » January 22nd, 2022, 4:43 am

mict450 wrote:
January 22nd, 2022, 4:29 am
I haven't tried either one either, but have read in this forum that the C2 dynamic is disturbingly louder than the static.
I may be wrong on this. Thanks for the correction.

I just watched a video of someone on a Dynamic, and it did sound as if the "foot trolley" (or whatever they call it) makes more noise than a static seat moving down the rail. I would think that the fan noise would be similar, so that may indeed be why the Dynamic makes more noise.

Hangar18
Paddler

Post by Hangar18 » January 22nd, 2022, 3:16 pm

Ombrax wrote:
January 22nd, 2022, 2:55 am
Does it really need to be a Dynamic?

How about if folks describe to you the differences between slides and a Dynamic? Might that (and you trying slides) be enough to help?

Good Luck
Thanks but yes it has to be dynamic - ultimately I want to target some records specific to the dynamic