Attached To Strapless?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] GutBustin'

Training

Post by [old] GutBustin' » September 19th, 2005, 6:24 pm

So, I'm loving strapless so much that I have a hard time imagining ever wanting to do 5k or higher with the straps on again! I tried 10 minutes the other day with the straps on and the only time it helped was in the last minute where it is simply faster to sprint w/the straps on. For the other 9 minutes my feet felt trapped! I would have to be come re-used to using straps on the longer races. <br /><br />Any others strapped to strapless? Or do some of you with straps re-tighten them during a longer race? [one hand holds the bar, the other rips the strap tighter on the recovery - quite graceful if done correctly ]<br /><br />GB

[old] jasonclements

Training

Post by [old] jasonclements » September 20th, 2005, 5:05 am

Until I discovered this forum a few months ago I only ever rowed strapped in. Since seeing the thread on strapless rowing I have tried it and like it. My stroke rate is now much lower and my times whilst not yet up to my strapped in best are closing in.<br /><br />What I would like to see is maybe the option within the rankings to record a strapped in or strapless time. If that's possible,<br /><br />