Steady State ????

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] reynolds352

Training

Post by [old] reynolds352 » July 7th, 2005, 8:36 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Jim Barry+Jul 6 2005, 08:57 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jim Barry @ Jul 6 2005, 08:57 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->90' rows are for 5+ year rower? i've only been rowing since october 2004 and i've been doing 3 hms a week, filling in the gaps with 10ks, 5ks, and interval work. is this training too hard? </td></tr></table><br /><br />Adam, <br /><br /> I'd judge "too hard" on any program if the athlete is simply struggling to complete workouts, has too many off days, etc. In otherwords "too hard" sort of comes out in the wash. Perhaps switching your 90' rows to faster 60' rows could be a good trade (quality/ quantity trade offs are tough calls though). Once in a while (1x month) you might take that 60' training pace to 90' as a way to work on your mental stamina. Later in the build up, do them more often. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That sounds reasonable enough. I think I'm going to drop down to maybe once a week, bring in some 10Ks focusing on form, and do more 60' workouts. I've been reading a lot about hinging at the hips and vertical shins, so I figured I'd go strapless on these 60' workouts and focus on form.<br /><br />Thanks for the suggestions!