welcome

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] John Rupp

Forum use, comments and suggestions

Post by [old] John Rupp » May 20th, 2004, 3:40 pm

That's what we need is plenty of romance Janice.

[old] Rocket Roy

Post by [old] Rocket Roy » May 20th, 2004, 4:18 pm

I must say I prefered the old uk site, you could see everything at a glance.<br><br>Is that the list of topic's there at the top. <br><br>This seems a bit clunky, and very in your face.<br><br>Perhaps I just got used to the old site, and maybe I'll grow to like this one as much........................

[old] Rogus

Post by [old] Rogus » May 20th, 2004, 4:46 pm

Paul S,<br><br>I noticed on your recovery you are bending your knees way too early. You might want to work on that.

[old] GeorgeD

Post by [old] GeorgeD » May 20th, 2004, 4:52 pm

As with everything new there will be criticism and some of it will be valid and some not ......... but I think this is a great step forward and in time will be very good.<br><br>I think the format is clean and intuitive and given a bit of time to play around will be better than the old US or current UK one.<br><br>It would be nice to have just <b>'one' global forum </b>that everyone took part in rather than the current somewhat parochial set up that requires us 'colonists' to traverse cyber space to keep up with everyone <br>- George

[old] Rogus

Post by [old] Rogus » May 20th, 2004, 5:00 pm

I agree with George. The more I play on the forum, the more impressed I am with it compared to the old US forum and the UK forum. Once you figure out how to navigate your way around, this new format is better than both of them. PaulH is giving us some good suggestions as to how to use the forum. I paticularly like the the one about "today's Active topics" and using it as a way to see the new messages since you last checked in.<br><br>Not sure I'd like to see the UK Forum disappear. It has quite a comradarie that the US Forum lacked. Perhaps a UK section within this forum might be useful?? <br><br>Anyway, thanks to PaulH!

[old] Sir Pirate

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » May 20th, 2004, 5:04 pm

I only visited the old U.S forum on the odd occassion and did enjoy the chat room section. Is there plans to have maybe a concept 2 chatroom on this new US site?<br><br>Sir Pirate

[old] Sir Pirate

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » May 20th, 2004, 5:10 pm

No No No No, we can't take the UK site away. We can hop on and of each others sites. The U.K forum is like a big family, and we have some of you guys from the good U S of A in that family too. Are newest family member being Dwayne "The Earl" Adams.<br><br>This site is great though, well done to all who worked on getting it up and running.<br><br>Sir Pirate

[old] Lee Buckley

Post by [old] Lee Buckley » May 20th, 2004, 5:32 pm

I do like this new site-it has taken me about 30 minutes of playing to find out most of the important features but it looks very good.

[old] PaulH

Post by [old] PaulH » May 20th, 2004, 6:54 pm

I posted elsewhere on this, but wanted to assure you all that the UK site is not going away unless the UK distributor decides they don't want to run it anymore - it is independent of Concept2 in the US, so the two companies get to do whatever they want. Though I quite like the idea of the 'one true forum' I think there's room for more than one - I certainly wouldn't want to live in a town with just 'one true pub', as the variety of community is part of the fun.<br><br>As to the chat room; it's an option that comes with the forum software, though I don't know if it would cost C2 more to implement. So it's something that is technically possible, but we'll have to look at the organizational and financial (for C2) implications first. Stay tuned!<br><br>Cheers, Paul

[old] Lynn

Post by [old] Lynn » May 20th, 2004, 8:24 pm

Now this is more like it! Well once dosey antipodean hick worked out her old US sign in didn't work so she had to register here again. For simplicity have kept my secret UK indentity <br><br>Oh dam, forgot, my name eally is Lynn.<br><br>Looking forward to wasting more time trying to work out all the fandangles (then I might go and read the instuctions, but who wants to ruin a good explore by actually reading intructions - but I promise I won't ask silly questions - wouldn;t dream of it, not me).

[old] mraRower

Post by [old] mraRower » May 20th, 2004, 11:01 pm

I Like!

[old] c2bill

Post by [old] c2bill » May 21st, 2004, 12:23 am

glad you folks seem to like it - i think you'll find some great features with this new forum format.<br><br>1. chat room - i'm considering it - pretty easy and inexpensive to turn on - there was a 'bad' chat room on the old US forum - but it wasn't too popular.<br><br>2. will old forum posts be 'searchable'. currently no. thanks to our hacker friend it will be nearly impossible to safely turn on the old forum.<br><br>3. this is the 'real' US forum.<br><br>4. i think it makes sense to continue to have a 'UK' specific forum, and a US forum - cross polination is more than welcome!<br><br>5. this new forum format seems to be in a position to support a higher volume of traffic, so i'm considering adding a link to this forum from the concept2.com home page - which would most likely dramatically increase traffic/posts and members...<br><br>-bp

[old] Gary Blackman

Post by [old] Gary Blackman » May 21st, 2004, 4:13 am

I like this format, as well at the UK one, and i will use both....<br>This is the same as another UK message board i use, and i certainly know how to find my way about already...<br><br>This will definitely be more widely used than the old US board

[old] grams

Post by [old] grams » May 21st, 2004, 5:00 pm

Thanks Paul H. for the hard work. I've been working on my clients' web pages non-stop lately, and I can really appreciate your likely need to erg away the back and shoulder stiffness from too much mousing around.<br><br>A simple question: I was going to make a whiz-bang custom graphic for my identity. I went to the right page, nad it says the graphic should be pixels by pixels. Can you tell me how many pixels by how many pixels & I will optimize it to that.

[old] Marilyn

Post by [old] Marilyn » May 22nd, 2004, 6:35 am

Hi C2 Team<br><br>Thanks for the new forum, it looks very nice<br><br>Please don't forget to activate our E-row forum too<br>or to create a section for the e-row community<br> <br>The rest is very impressed<br><br>Marilyn