Model A needs a new home

Maintenance, accessories, operation. Anything to do with making your erg work.
robin888
Paddler

Model A needs a new home

Post by robin888 » January 14th, 2020, 6:11 pm

Hello, I have a Model A in fine working condition. I have been the only owner of it (yes since around 1981). I finally upgraded to a newer model and I am looking for a new home for my old pal. I live in Seattle. I am not asking any payment for the machine but I would like to be reimbursed for any shipping costs. I have all the original parts but I did upgrade the monitor. I'd love for it to find a good home but to stop taking up space in mine.

CJOttawa
1k Poster

Re: Model A needs a new home

Post by CJOttawa » January 15th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Really nice of you to offer this Robin.

Model A's are a bit of a curiosity - more of a museum piece than functional rower.

I'd suggest contacting local high-schools and offering it.

Out of curiosity: what performance monitor did you put on it? If it's a PM3 or newer, that probably has more value to someone than the entire rest of the rower.

2wheelsforever
Paddler

Post by 2wheelsforever » January 15th, 2020, 2:15 pm

Robin, if you do have a PM3 or newer monitor, I'd definitely be interested and would be more than happy to cover shipping (to Maryland). I just picked up a Model B from 1987 and am looking for an updated monitor for it.

Cyclist2
10k Poster

Post by Cyclist2 » January 15th, 2020, 3:39 pm

I wish I had the space. I like vintage things and have many 40+ year old things I still use around here. I got a model A back in 1986, sold it, got a model B in 1988 (that I still have and use), and am now rowing on a model C mostly. The photos of myself rowing the model A are laughable, but ya gotta start somewhere!

Maybe UW or some other college around here has a museum setting and could use it as a display.
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.

Ombrax
10k Poster

Post by Ombrax » January 15th, 2020, 7:24 pm

Robin,

If I were you I'd check with a local youth rowing club (there must be at least one up there) and see if they can help you find a youngster who would best appreciate having and use the erg.

Good Luck

robin888
Paddler

Post by robin888 » January 16th, 2020, 12:48 pm

Thank you for the responses! I will check around some more locally and keep this fishing line in the water for a while. If nothing turns up I will post the monitor on this forum. (It's a PM3.)

c2jonw
6k Poster

Post by c2jonw » January 16th, 2020, 4:01 pm

Check in with Concept2 USA directly. They sometimes get requests from their foreign dealers for Model As for their show rooms. Also if you still have a working original speedometer that would be a bonus as they are no longer manufactured......C2JonW
72 year old grandpa living in Waterbury Center, Vermont, USA
Concept2 employee 1980-2018! and what a long, strange trip it's been......