Whatcha Listening To?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] jschmidt63

Training

Post by [old] jschmidt63 » January 20th, 2005, 10:10 pm

tucks nicely into your bra, hmmm....<br><br>sorry digressed for a minute<br><br><br><br>I bought a 128mb MPIO mp3 player. Its small (like the size of a domino) and fits in a strap on my arm. I have gotten use to the strap on my arm and really enjoy the music. It holds enough for a good hour row. And its cheap, under 100 US. The only thing the stock earphones start to slip out after getting all sweated up. I recommend whatever the player good ear holding earphones.

[old] ebolton

Training

Post by [old] ebolton » January 20th, 2005, 11:07 pm

Oh yeah, the earphones...<br><br>I've tried a few types, and nothing works well for me except the earbud types. Over the past 5 years on the bike trainer and the rower I've probably gone through 10 sets. Sweat and ear wax kills 'em, but the replacements don't cost much. Using a Sony set right now with the Lyra.<br><br>Ed

[old] ghcaz

Training

Post by [old] ghcaz » January 22nd, 2005, 12:47 pm

At school, our coach won't let us listen to anything but the purr of the erg. However, when erging at home, I use my iPod and <a href='http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSH ... opiaEarbud' target='_blank'>these sony headphones</a>. They've got really good quality and a nice long cord so I can set the iPod on the floor without issue.

[old] cityeast

Training

Post by [old] cityeast » January 22nd, 2005, 4:58 pm

I haven't had time to get my favourite music into MP3 format yet, so at the moment I just use streaming internet radio via wireless connection on the laptop I use with rowpro. It seems to cope OK, although the laptop speakers are not the best quality.

[old] SlugButt

Training

Post by [old] SlugButt » January 22nd, 2005, 10:38 pm

Howdy!<br /><br />It's been interesting to read others' preferences. I've been using an iPod (got $100 of purchase price by signing up with Audible.com - LOVE listening to audiobooks while driving, falling asleep, or doing both simultaneously). For earphones I've been using Koss "The Plug." They are ear plugs so they reduce the sound of the erg so I don't have to have the volume as high. I've also started using a waterproof case (from waterproofcases.net - catchy web site name!) that is excellent. I sweat like a dog (yeah, I know. In reality dogs only sweat through their paws) when I exercise, so it helps keep the iPod dry, can be clipped to my trou, and is see-through so the iPod's click wheel can be used when the iPod is in the case.<br /><br />On the down side, I've seen reviews mention that the iPod does not have the best sound quality. Also, although the Koss earplugs are fairly inexpensive they tend to break after a few months.

[old] 6:50_wannabe

Training

Post by [old] 6:50_wannabe » January 30th, 2005, 4:48 pm

Ha well I listen to my coach Pedro scream at me "go go you are the bulgarian stalion every time i erg or do a hard piece. Im thinking to record that and make an album and make mad cash...Otherwise i dont listen to music when i erg.. It distracts me makes my times slower any way its all good<br /><br /><br />A junior B HW 78-80 kg /rowing experience 1.5 years<br />1000m @ 3:29<br />2000m @ 7:16<br />5000m @ 19:30<br /> 10,000M @ 40:17<br />

[old] amheward

Training

Post by [old] amheward » January 30th, 2005, 11:11 pm

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...<br /><br />I use a set of wireless headphones, so I don't have to worry about the chord.<br /><br />Of course there's the sweat issue. My current solution is to put a sock on my head, which drapes over my ears and thus attracts the sweat before it gets to the phones.<br /><br />Also, I put earplugs in so that I can crank up the volume and completely drown out the erg.<br /><br />Abe

[old] hwt

Training

Post by [old] hwt » January 31st, 2005, 8:46 am

<!--QuoteBegin-amheward+Jan 30 2005, 10:11 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(amheward @ Jan 30 2005, 10:11 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> My current solution is to put a sock on my head, which drapes over my ears and thus attracts the sweat before it gets to the phones. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I just can't visualize this!!!

[old] rick-the-chemist

Training

Post by [old] rick-the-chemist » January 31st, 2005, 9:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-leehamster+Jan 20 2005, 04:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(leehamster @ Jan 20 2005, 04:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for replies thus far.  If anybody wears a player (in waist or arm holder), please comment on comfort and convenience during rowing. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I've got a Creative Labs Muvo TX FM 512mb mp3 player. It comes with a nice armband and holder. Never had any problems with rubbing, chaffing etc. Fantastic buy for rowing if you ask me.<br /><br />Rick

[old] psaint

Training

Post by [old] psaint » January 31st, 2005, 11:33 am

I'm using the Creative Labs Zen Micro. 5 gigs of music in a 3.8 oz. unit. Plays MP3, WMA and WAV files. Great reviews and more storage for less money than an Ipod. It also has a voice recorder and FM radio.

[old] Kudos

Training

Post by [old] Kudos » January 31st, 2005, 11:39 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My current solution is to put a sock on my head, which drapes over my ears and thus attracts the sweat before it gets to the phones.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just can't visualize this!!! </td></tr></table><br /><br />It's quite simple actually, his head is the size of your foot

[old] hwt

Training

Post by [old] hwt » January 31st, 2005, 9:47 pm

It's quite simple actually, his head is the size of your foot <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Ha,ha! Don't be fooled by my name. I am a woman who happens to weigh more than 135 lbs. My feet could be size 6