Another ? For Ranger - The Wolverine Plan?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] DIESEL

Training

Post by [old] DIESEL » July 13th, 2004, 10:49 am

hey ranger, <br><br>Pardon if this sounds like a newbie question. <br><br>In reading your posts, you keep making reference to something called the "Wolverine Plan" - can you please provide specifics or a link? <br><br>Thanks, <br>D

[old] SteveJohnson314

Training

Post by [old] SteveJohnson314 » July 13th, 2004, 11:30 am

It's the training plan developed by Mike Caviston, the woman's crew coach at UMich and a pretty good lightweight erger.<br><br>Basically it consists of longish rows at fixed stroke rates and effort levels (pace/distance) mixed with days of interval/sprint training.<br><br>The info available online is somewhat confusing since it was originally written as supplementary material for people already using the program. There's also some negative commentary about the program floating around, mostly from people who don't completely understand how it works.<br><br>Look at <a href='http://www.concept2.com/forums/wolverine_plan.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.com/forums/wolverine_plan.htm</a>.

[old] DIESEL

Training

Post by [old] DIESEL » July 13th, 2004, 1:44 pm

thanks for the link! <br><br><br><br>

[old] doc.mark@verizon.net

Training

Post by [old] doc.mark@verizon.net » July 15th, 2004, 3:27 pm

I thank you as well for the link. I accessed it and printed it out to read last night. Now, I'm intrigued. I'd like to put this info to use but am uncertain how to do it. I understand the 4 levels and all but how do you implement them. does anyone out there have a training schedule similar to the Wolverine plan or a schedule based on this exact plan. I've been erging for a few months now and am looking for something other than the long stead milage (meterage). Anyone with any suggestions? Thanks

[old] Karl1234

Training

Post by [old] Karl1234 » July 16th, 2004, 2:33 am

I have yet to print it out, but I have been trying some 208s, or at least I thought I was. What I did was do the 20-22-20-22-20 at 2' 2' 2' 2' 2'. The SPI should have been at 2k + 2, but I really did 2, at 10.5. For 60 minutes, that was a good one. Range has talked a bit about the plan and says that he won't be starting it until the fall.<br><br>My thought are that the workouts, changing the stroke rate while keeping stroking power constant, are interesting and much mroe fun than the steady stuff.

[old] MKC

Training

Post by [old] MKC » July 16th, 2004, 9:02 am

Hi there,<br> I, too, thank you fpr the link. I'm have just begun th 2k training plan form the UK website. Someone else from the training forum had mentioned it. The UK training doc itself has quite a bit of information concerning the erg training. Both of these seem to share the same principles. <br>doc.mark, Have you visted the UK training info yet? It is very informative and may answer your questions. <br><br>BTW, Just starting my 4th week but I have notice an improvement in my technique and stroke rate already. It also is building my mental endurance...I find I really concentrate more now during my sessions....Since I'm new at erging, I appreciate the structure this puts to my workouts.<br><br>I'll probaly cycle through another plan in the fall...This one might be it!<br>MKC

[old] TomR/the elder

Training

Post by [old] TomR/the elder » July 16th, 2004, 10:20 am

For more background on the Wolverine Plan and for samples of how to put together a week of WP workouts, search the old forum posts under Wolverine Plan and look at Mike Caviston's post from 8/6/2003. <br><br>Tom Rawls

[old] doc.mark@verizon.net

Training

Post by [old] doc.mark@verizon.net » July 16th, 2004, 3:08 pm

Thanks Tom. I found it. I printed it. And as soon as I'm done with this note I'll begin the process of devouring it. Thanks again.<br><br>Mark