2000m At 20spm

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] ranger

Training

Post by [old] ranger » June 4th, 2004, 10:44 am

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just remember the key to it Roy, The harder you pull the handle the further you will go<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>Sir Pirate--<br><br>Another digression, I guess, but I find it odd that we call the rowing stroke a pull, when it is much more of a push. The legs are used first and most, and they push against the footplate rather than pulling on the handle; the back and arms "draft" in the power generated first and foremost by the legs. Yes, the chain is pulled out of the crankcase and the oar is pulled through the water, but not primarily by pulling harder on handle but by pushing harder on the footplate. This is especially true in slow stroke rate rowing, which encourages faster and fuller use of the legs relative to rowing at normal rates. Especially in slow stroke rate rowing, if your first thought when you want to go faster is to pull harder on the handle, you invert the major levers in the rowing stroke. The result, in terms of technique, is a mess. <br><br>Does this terminology ever bother you?<br><br>ranger

[old] Sir Pirate

Training

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » June 4th, 2004, 11:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Jun 4 2004, 02:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (ranger @ Jun 4 2004, 02:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Does this terminology ever bother you?<br><!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>Ranger, in a word "NO" this is just a hobby for me, not a matter of life and death. Pull, push, shove, kick don't care. For me, I get on the rower and pull the handle. Job Done.<br><br>Sir Pirate

[old] ranger

Training

Post by [old] ranger » June 4th, 2004, 1:52 pm

<table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> </td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->don't care<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br><br>Ah. I didn't realize. Sorry.<br><br>Rowing? Life or death?<br><br> <br><br>ranger

[old] Sir Pirate

Training

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » June 4th, 2004, 2:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Jun 4 2004, 03:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Sir Pirate @ Jun 4 2004, 03:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I get on the rower and pull the handle. Job Done.<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>Sorry Ranger, that line should read..........I get on the rower and pull the handle, 6:24.0 2K Job Done.

[old] Rogus

Training

Post by [old] Rogus » June 4th, 2004, 2:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Jun 4 2004, 07:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (ranger @ Jun 4 2004, 07:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Does this terminology ever bother you?<br> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>So, we're going to play the semantics game.<br><br>Push all you want Ranger, but if that increased pushing effort of the legs isn't somehow transferred via your "levers" into <i><b>pulling</b></i> the handle, it won't do you any good.<br><br>If you're pushing the handle, you're on the wrong side and that might be the reason you're having a hard time with your new stroke.

[old] Rogus

Training

Post by [old] Rogus » June 4th, 2004, 2:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Jun 4 2004, 07:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (ranger @ Jun 4 2004, 07:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <br>Sir Pirate--<br><br>Another digression, I guess...I...odd...crank...especially true...slow...slow... a mess. <br><br>Does this terminology ever bother you?<br><br>ranger <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>Taken out of context...