Join Taff Attack

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » February 12th, 2006, 11:19 am

<!--quoteo(post=55649:date=Feb 12 2006, 08:03 AM:name=Jumpsoda)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jumpsoda @ Feb 12 2006, 08:03 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Could not get in as Jumpsoda, maybe an mistake on my password....C'est La Vie. I am Jumpsoda1.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Incredible time for the 300m Scott! I've set your "Jumpsoda" password to the same as the one you set for "Jumpsoda1" and altered the entry so it appears as your original name.

[old] Paul B

General

Post by [old] Paul B » February 12th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Top stuff Scott <br />

[old] philt

General

Post by [old] philt » February 12th, 2006, 1:15 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55513:date=Feb 10 2006, 11:26 PM:name=Jumpsoda)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jumpsoda @ Feb 10 2006, 11:26 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I looooooooooooooooooooooove the 300 Meters, it is more what I am built for. The long stuff I cramp up on. How can I put in my time????<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Great effort Scott. :o I see it has got the UK forum memebers talking. <br /><br />Had another go this morning, a more respectable time of 59.8 at 53SPM. Apart from first pull I had my legs locked straight and no slide movement The chain was ratlling all over the sho and it certainly wasn't pretty.<br /><br /><br /><br />Excellent team work all around. <br /><br />Phil<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 12th, 2006, 1:35 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55513:date=Feb 10 2006, 05:26 PM:name=Jumpsoda)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jumpsoda @ Feb 10 2006, 05:26 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I looooooooooooooooooooooove the 300 Meters, it is more what I am built for. The long stuff I cramp up on. How can I put in my time????<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Scott:<br /><br />Awesome ... glad you're a Taff!<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />-- Mark

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » February 12th, 2006, 5:40 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55649:date=Feb 12 2006, 08:03 AM:name=Jumpsoda)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jumpsoda @ Feb 12 2006, 08:03 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Could not get in as Jumpsoda, maybe an mistake on my password....C'est La Vie. I am Jumpsoda1.<br /><br />The lactic acid was running through the vessels, a nice burn indeed. Maybe 100 meters at some time, no? Would be working the Creatine Phosphate for energy then. How does one make an entrance into the big competitons where you meet face to face?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /> :o Wow<br />Great Scott!<br /><br />How do you guys DO that!!!?<br /><br />I had a great first session with Tom yesterday. He showed me a whole bunch of little things to work on. My stroke overall is OK, no glaring novice type errors, but enough small things that have been likely contributing to frequent injury/stiffness. I will be working for the next 2 weeks on steady state 10Ks just concetrating on these technique points. I have to say that rowing the way he showed me felt infinitely better than what I've been doing. It felt smooth instead of robotic and jerky, and much more evenly distributed, effort wise, between the two legs. It was great having someone who knew what to look for to fine tune the stroke and knew how to communicate it so I could tell when I was doing it right. It should be interesting to see how speed improves once it's the natural way for me to row because according to what he says it should be much more efficient. :) <br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 12th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Paul:<br /><br />Nice row, you moved the III boat up a position. I'm going to take another crack or two this week and see if I can contribute.<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » February 12th, 2006, 10:33 pm

<br /><br />Hey Scott, they're talking about you!!!<br /><br /><!--quoteo--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->There is also a new Monster at the top of the list. 1:13.0 43.8. blink.gif </td></tr></table>

[old] Brendo

General

Post by [old] Brendo » February 13th, 2006, 7:56 am

Great Time Scott<br /><br />And another thanks to Dwayne on the racing start thing, I still need to practice some more but smashed my 500 (down 6seconds to 1:44.3) and 2k (down <u>14seconds</u> to 7:44.0) times over the last couple of days. Is there any video around of the racing start?<br /><br />The times aren't great but I've only been on the C2 for 10 weeks after about 5 years of no exercise<br /><br />And we've caught up the team in front by 1.95 million metres in the last week, 1.5m from me and Tulky joining but a real 450K<br /><br />And on a completely different subject...<br /><br />...There I was reading the Australian Financial Review at the weekend and there before me is a double page spread on Wales - How it is the centre of Organic farming in the UK and mentioning my little home town of Llandrindod Wells by name. Can't get away no matter how far you run :) <br /><br />Brendin

[old] Fat Taff

General

Post by [old] Fat Taff » February 13th, 2006, 9:44 am

<!--quoteo(post=55699:date=Feb 12 2006, 10:08 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 12 2006, 10:08 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Paul:<br /><br />Nice row, you moved the III boat up a position. I'm going to take another crack or two this week and see if I can contribute.<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />-- Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Thanks Mark, but I'm finding it hard to improve by very much at the moment. I'm also finding it hard to do any decent rows after I do a 300m piece - feel very heavy limbed. Perhaps I'll leave the 300m for a few days and try to put in some distance instead.<br />Good luck with your attempts this week!<br />Go boat III!<br />Paul<br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 13th, 2006, 9:46 am

<!--quoteo(post=55724:date=Feb 13 2006, 08:44 AM:name=Fat Taff)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Fat Taff @ Feb 13 2006, 08:44 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=55699:date=Feb 12 2006, 10:08 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 12 2006, 10:08 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Paul:<br /><br />Nice row, you moved the III boat up a position. I'm going to take another crack or two this week and see if I can contribute.<br /><br />Cheers!<br /><br />-- Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Thanks Mark, but I'm finding it hard to improve by very much at the moment. I'm also finding it hard to do any decent rows after I do a 300m piece - feel very heavy limbed. Perhaps I'll leave the 300m for a few days and try to put in some distance instead.<br />Good luck with your attempts this week!<br />Go boat III!<br />Paul<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Paul:<br /><br />I understand ... and feel/felt exactly the same way. It's the age thing I believe ... we need a bit more recovery after the explosive pieces.<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » February 13th, 2006, 10:38 am

When's Carla gonna take another crack at this months CTC? I'm willin' to bet we could move to the #2 spot with a good show from her. How 'bout Carla?<br /><br />Dwayne

[old] Spectre

General

Post by [old] Spectre » February 13th, 2006, 11:59 am

WOW: great work Taffs! the CTC board is full of red up near the top! <br /><br />I raced on Sunday under the Taff Attack Banner and came 2nd in my division with a time of 6:37.8 It was the first time on a model D for me and I have to say the machine felt very different. Between the new feel of the machine and all my nerves I just came out of the start too fast. I held the lead unitl about 200m togo when another guy finally broke past me to win. While I was disapointed to give up the lead I beat my planned time by 4 seconds and my PB by 20seconds. It was a great day of racing for all divisions. There were several very close finishes, one of the junior girls heats finished just .1 of a second apart between first and second. I had never seen a team erg race before and this was by far the most popular race for everybody present. It is a sight to behold 12 teams jumping on and off ergs racing their guts out. If you are interested in all the results they are posted here: <a href="http://www.row2k.com/results/resultspag ... 3558&cat=2" target="_blank">http://www.row2k.com/results/resultspag ... 8&cat=2</a> <br /><br />I Just wanted to thank you all for letting my join up and participate. It had been many years since I rowed comptitively and never thought I would return to the sport. Being a part of the Taffs is the perfect motivation to keep me at it without getting tired of all the steady state slogging. ALl the banter and support are great thanks again! Now back to the CTC, I will make an attempt at a sub 50 but I am not a sprinter. I have no Idea how Dwayne and Scott do it!

[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 13th, 2006, 12:05 pm

Spectre, 20 seconds is an astonishing amount to take off your PB!!!<br /><br />And to do it representing your team at a full-on race meet must be a great feeling.<br /><br />You're a complete star<br /><br />Paul<br />

[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 13th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Just tried the CTC and registered it on the site 54.1 secs - I'm now in boat three :D <br /><br />Haven't done anything so short before.<br /><br />rated at 53spm which I thought was impossible for me. <br /><br />When I finished I noticed that the erg had slid 2 feet across the rough concrete garage floor. Now I'm not an expert but I reckon there's a technique issue there :? <br /><br />BTW when I weighed myself yesterday I was 75Kg, which I haven't been for nearly 20 years.<br /><br />Will have another go @ the 300 probably next week but will have a look at the technique first.<br /><br />Paul

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 13th, 2006, 2:33 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55738:date=Feb 13 2006, 11:17 AM:name=Tulky)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Tulky @ Feb 13 2006, 11:17 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Just tried the CTC and registered it on the site 54.1 secs - I'm now in boat three :D <br /><br />Haven't done anything so short before.<br /><br />rated at 53spm which I thought was impossible for me. <br /><br />When I finished I noticed that the erg had slid 2 feet across the rough concrete garage floor. Now I'm not an expert but I reckon there's a technique issue there :? <br /><br />BTW when I weighed myself yesterday I was 75Kg, which I haven't been for nearly 20 years.<br /><br />Will have another go @ the 300 probably next week but will have a look at the technique first.<br /><br />Paul<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Paul:<br /><br />All good stuff, congrats!<br /><br />-- Mark<br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=55734:date=Feb 13 2006, 10:59 AM:name=Spectre)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Spectre @ Feb 13 2006, 10:59 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I raced on Sunday under the Taff Attack Banner and came 2nd in my division with a time of 6:37.8 <br /><br />I beat my planned time by 4 seconds and my PB by 20seconds. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Now that's a ROW! Nice work!<br />