Join Taff Attack

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 8th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Carla ... I'll affectionately say again that you're an animal ... just think of one of those cute beenie baby animals ... my goodness ... you take it easy (your words) and tie me ... mama mia! How's your right hook?<br /><br /> <br /><br />Looks like you're in the first boat now ... and back in 3rd ... great job!

[old] adambalogh

General

Post by [old] adambalogh » February 8th, 2006, 11:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Feb 8 2006, 02:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 8 2006, 02:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dropped my 300 by another 0.5 sec. Did this one on a Model C at the gym during lunch. Still think I can go faster. Will give it another go in a couple of days.<br /><br />We're still in fourth. Dang!! Anyone got any more left in them? Carla????? I know you can do a sprint. Without hurting your back, give it a go. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Third.<br />i'll try again in another day or so.

[old] mumbles

General

Post by [old] mumbles » February 9th, 2006, 6:15 pm

8)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul B @ Feb 8 2006, 05:45 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><br />Brendin - hi - welcome aboard.<br /><br />Chris - haven't you sussed it yet that Chippy is the common denominator in all your accidents - dodgy tarmac - booby trapped erg - with friends like that you don't need enemies :D <br /><br />Owen - chuffed that you won one of the prizes - bit cynical me, and always thought nobody won them. I reckon you'll take one look at the big elastic band, give it one go and have it on Ebay within hours of it arriving - some mug will buy it :D <br /><br />Had a first go at the CTC tonight. Plan was to attempt it between rep 1 & 2 of a 4 x 15min session so that I was well warmed up. About 60m in and pulling 1.15's felt a twinge in my quad, so stopped as I don't want to have an enforced injury break from training at the moment. Will have a go later in the week.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Yes, i beat the system, still dont know if they actually send you the prize though :lol: :roll: <br />Dont go buggering thyself up on the 300m(especially if you are going to kick me out of taff boat 1 , joke! :D <br /><br />owen

[old] Brendo

General

Post by [old] Brendo » February 9th, 2006, 6:27 pm

And Quietly, with no fanfare Paul Tulk (Tulky) adds his metres to the Taffs -930,000+ of them<br /><br />A big welcome to Paul<br /><br />2 new members in two days and 1.5M metres - keep this up and we might top this thing yet :-)<br /><br />

[old] mumbles

General

Post by [old] mumbles » February 9th, 2006, 6:32 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55393:date=Feb 9 2006, 05:27 PM:name=Brendo)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Brendo @ Feb 9 2006, 05:27 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>And Quietly, with no fanfare Paul Tulk (Tulky) adds his metres to the Taffs -930,000+ of them<br /><br />A big welcome to Paul<br /><br />2 new members in two days and 1.5M metres - keep this up and we might top this thing yet :-)<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I would try and get members of my rowing club to join but:<br /><br />1.They hate ergo's!<br />2.They Hate ergo's!<br />3.They HATE ergo's!!!!<br /><br />Lazy buggers, all of them! :lol: Joke(still ain't sure if any of them use the forum; well, do you?do you?<br />Talk to me you barstiwards! :twisted:

[old] Godfried

General

Post by [old] Godfried » February 9th, 2006, 6:51 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55352:date=Feb 9 2006, 02:26 AM:name=seat5)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Feb 9 2006, 02:26 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->It looks like Mark Pukita, Godfried and I are all really in the same boat!!<br /> </td></tr></table><br />You are not in my boat ; but as is your right in Boat I.<br /><br />I will try again later.

[old] AussieTaff

General

Post by [old] AussieTaff » February 9th, 2006, 7:44 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55359:date=Feb 8 2006, 09:06 PM:name=seat5)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Feb 8 2006, 09:06 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Hi Martin, I see you down there!<br />Great 500 m pb, bet it wasn't at 51 spm, 200 more meters would have given me whiplash<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Carla, sorry I missed your post, I must have wandered off to another part of the forum (probably to see what Ranger was up to).<br /><br />No, it wasn't at 51 SPM but don't think I can improve much anyway - I'm a bit of an old stick-in-the-mud rowing purist when it comes to erging and can't seem to break my old rowing habits. Also the local gym is a bit too public for Extreme Erging :? So unavoidable short pieces are usually done at high 30's SPM on DFs around 105 - though on this last one I snuck the DF up to 115 to make sure I had the best chance of seeing Robert (the competitive guy) off and still finish with my matching inguinal hernia ops still intact :lol: <br /><br />Actually would love to be still able to cut loose like Chippy and the others (you included) but that's a previous life !<br /><br />Hope you kick goals in your next attempt - oh yes, there will be another I'm sure !<br /><br />Martin

[old] philt

General

Post by [old] philt » February 9th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Great Stuff Carla, Dwayne and Team<br /><br />All Very impressive times.<br /><br />I managed to get to the gym for the first time in 5 weeks. I'm not sure I should have been there but I figured that since I was seeing the Physio straight afterwards if I did anything wrong she could fix it.<br />Actually I didn't dare tell her what I had done because she told me what I would be doing in two weeks time. It was all the stuff I had just done :P <br /><br />Anyway couldn't resist the erg and did 2.5K Arms only. <br /><br />I will be adding my 1.09.1 for 300M on the CTC site as it will help fill another boat, Somebody has to come last I guess. However it was pointed out to me that since this was arms only and therefore only using half my body, wouldn't it be fair to half the time. Giving me a time of 34.9Sec and putting me top of the board. <br /><br /><br />So far as full recovery is going, it appears to be very slow, I have full flex in the knee but because of the fractured bone can't put any weight on my leg for another 10 days, then partial weight for a month after that. Whilst partial weight bearing I should be able to get into the pool and run which means I can try and build my CV back up.<br />Most of the pain has gone but the knee has swollen again so need to work on getting that down before doing too much again. Looks like I will be restricted on what I do by the extent of the swelling. <br /><br />So I will spend the weekend lying down watching the Rugby. Has anyone got Tickets?<br /><br /><br />Phil<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » February 9th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Be careful, Phil! <br />If you don't watch out you'll have arms like Popeye from rowing arms only that way!

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 9th, 2006, 9:17 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55411:date=Feb 9 2006, 07:32 PM:name=philt)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(philt @ Feb 9 2006, 07:32 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Great Stuff Carla, Dwayne and Team<br /><br />All Very impressive times.<br /><br />I managed to get to the gym for the first time in 5 weeks. I'm not sure I should have been there but I figured that since I was seeing the Physio straight afterwards if I did anything wrong she could fix it.<br />Actually I didn't dare tell her what I had done because she told me what I would be doing in two weeks time. It was all the stuff I had just done :P <br /><br />Anyway couldn't resist the erg and did 2.5K Arms only. <br /><br />I will be adding my 1.09.1 for 300M on the CTC site as it will help fill another boat, Somebody has to come last I guess. However it was pointed out to me that since this was arms only and therefore only using half my body, wouldn't it be fair to half the time. Giving me a time of 34.9Sec and putting me top of the board. <br /><br /><br />So far as full recovery is going, it appears to be very slow, I have full flex in the knee but because of the fractured bone can't put any weight on my leg for another 10 days, then partial weight for a month after that. Whilst partial weight bearing I should be able to get into the pool and run which means I can try and build my CV back up.<br />Most of the pain has gone but the knee has swollen again so need to work on getting that down before doing too much again. Looks like I will be restricted on what I do by the extent of the swelling. <br /><br />So I will spend the weekend lying down watching the Rugby. Has anyone got Tickets?<br /><br /><br />Phil<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Phil:<br /><br />Please take care not to reinjure or further injure yourself ... that would not be good.<br /><br />-- Mark<br />

[old] Brendo

General

Post by [old] Brendo » February 9th, 2006, 11:24 pm

[/quote]<br /><br />Ok...half, half, three-quarter, three-quarter, full. That's a typical racing start. And since this is only (yeah right, <b>only</b>) three hundred meters, you go b*lls out the whole way. How's that?<br /><br />Dwayne<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Wow - tried this - first time ever and went from 1:02.0 down to :57.2<br /><br />put the damper up to 6 from 3.5 - maybe I'll try 10 next time<br /><br />Brendin

[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 10th, 2006, 4:45 am

<!--quoteo(post=55393:date=Feb 9 2006, 02:27 PM:name=Brendo)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Brendo @ Feb 9 2006, 02:27 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>And Quietly, with no fanfare Paul Tulk (Tulky) adds his metres to the Taffs -930,000+ of them<br /><br />A big welcome to Paul<br /><br />2 new members in two days and 1.5M metres - keep this up and we might top this thing yet :-)<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Just logged on to check it was all still there after the system crash yesterday - it took me a fews hours to type it in from my good old fashioned diary the night before.<br /><br />Is it just me or is the system much faster now?<br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=55411:date=Feb 9 2006, 04:32 PM:name=philt)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(philt @ Feb 9 2006, 04:32 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />So I will spend the weekend lying down watching the Rugby. Has anyone got Tickets?<br /><br /><br />Phil<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Have you seen the rugby training guide on the UK site Phil?<br /><br />All the images are of the Welsh side from last year's 6 nationa and the previous autumn internationals.<br /><br />I guess because either<br /><br />a. Wales are the 6N champions (still)<br />b. The images are cheaper than the English ones<br />c. someone who put the guide together is a Taff?<br /><br />here it is if you haven't seen it - great images <a href="http://www.concept2.co.uk/training/rugby.php" target="_blank">http://www.concept2.co.uk/training/rugby.php</a><br /><br />Paul

[old] Fat Taff

General

Post by [old] Fat Taff » February 10th, 2006, 4:49 am

Felt guilty about having a day off then took 1 sec off 300m (55.7) and went under 8 mins for 2k for first time. Cheered me up no end! <br />Cheers, Paul

[old] Tulky

General

Post by [old] Tulky » February 10th, 2006, 4:51 am

<!--quoteo(post=55442:date=Feb 10 2006, 12:49 AM:name=Fat Taff)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Fat Taff @ Feb 10 2006, 12:49 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Felt guilty about having a day off then took 1 sec off 300m (55.7) and went under 8 mins for 2k for first time. Cheered me up no end! <br />Cheers, Paul<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Well done Paul<br /><br />I haven't attempted the 300m yet - got a half marathon tomorrow so maybe sunday - haven't done a b*lls out short piece in ages<br /><br />

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » February 10th, 2006, 4:58 am

<!--quoteo(post=55442:date=Feb 10 2006, 08:49 AM:name=Fat Taff)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Fat Taff @ Feb 10 2006, 08:49 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Felt guilty about having a day off then took 1 sec off 300m (55.7) and went under 8 mins for 2k for first time. Cheered me up no end! <br />Cheers, Paul<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Great stuff. Always feels great to get a PB (or two). Not that I've been anywhere near mine for more than a year. /o\