Forum Behaviour

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » February 28th, 2006, 9:47 am

You mpukita seem to have a problem. You worship false idols. Take a step back, read what I have posted from day 1 and try and understand what I am saying. You can read can't you?<br />The way you defend Dwayne I would guess he is part of your family, you owe him nothing, he has done nothing for you except deceive you. You will look the silliest out of all the people that have stuck up for him<br /><br />I find it hard to believe you are a grown man as you talk like a school child. You think you are better than anybody else and cast yourself as a role model for others on this forum.<br /><br />I have 1 issue, I am dealing with that issue on it own threads, you however seem to want to start debates on other threads (like this one), this is causing over spill and taking over other peoples posts.<br /><br />I have news for you, you are not the centre point of the forum, your views are not worth more than anybody else’s.<br /><br />Show what a man you are, if I am a liar, cheat, CAD and all the other names you have called me why bother even corresponding with me, you must like the attention is gives you.<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 28th, 2006, 10:06 am

<!--quoteo(post=57639:date=Feb 28 2006, 08:47 AM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Feb 28 2006, 08:47 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>You mpukita seem to have a problem. You worship false idols. Take a step back, read what I have posted from day 1 and try and understand what I am saying. You can read can't you?<br />The way you defend Dwayne I would guess he is part of your family, you owe him nothing, he has done nothing for you except deceive you. You will look the silliest out of all the people that have stuck up for him<br /><br />I find it hard to believe you are a grown man as you talk like a school child. You think you are better than anybody else and cast yourself as a role model for others on this forum.<br /><br />I have 1 issue, I am dealing with that issue on it own threads, you however seem to want to start debates on other threads (like this one), this is causing over spill and taking over other peoples posts.<br /><br />I have news for you, you are not the centre point of the forum, your views are not worth more than anybody else’s.<br /><br />Show what a man you are, if I am a liar, cheat, CAD and all the other names you have called me why bother even corresponding with me, you must like the attention is gives you.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Chad:<br /><br />WRONG. I worship one God, in 3 parts, the Holy Trinity. It's against my religion to worship idols so I don't.<br /><br />WRONG. I do not think I'm better than anyone else. I just feel I'm entitled to my opinion. I will admit that I feel I'm a better role model for human beings in general than you. And, my opinions are just as valid as anyone else's opinions, because they're just that, opinions.<br /><br />WRONG. You aren't dealing with the issue. You said you had hard eveidence, and you cannot produce it. My bet is that's because it does not exist. PRODUCE, and this all stops. Until then, rock on with your assininity.<br /><br />WRONG. I believe a true "man" or "women" or "person", will call people who are liars, cheats, scoundrels, cads, boors, just that. Why? Because it sheds light on a problem and light, I feel, tends to be the great sanitizer. It's unpopular these days, in our oh-so-politically-correct world, to disagree with anyone, or to challenge their beliefs through intellectual debate. Thus, I believe it takes some measure of courage to "call out" someone like you who's made accusations, said they have solid evidence, and then they can't produce.<br /><br />My opinion of you stands.<br /><br />I'll still buy you a beer at Evesham, as promised, whether you race or not, because I would very much like to meet. I hold no grudges.<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » February 28th, 2006, 10:19 am

Well mark, may I call you Mark? Just stay seated for a while longer and I will give you your proof.<br />You are assuming I have no proof, you are wrong, just stay clam and and you will see what you have been calling for.<br /><br /><br />

[old] Ben Rea

General

Post by [old] Ben Rea » February 28th, 2006, 12:41 pm

one of the many reasons i have stayed at these forums is because almost all here are adults. in most other forums about anything there are foolish kids who have nothing to do but flame. I enjoy being around these more mature adults but now as i get to know all of you better I get the sense that some of you have not grown up yet. This is a rowing forum for anyone who wants to visit but if all you see is fighting they will be steered away. i think moderating these forums needs to be a little bit better, maybe there are some people that should be suspended from the site in order to learn a lesson. i have seen no such authority since the day i got here. someone needs to stand up and be a leader

[old] george nz

General

Post by [old] george nz » February 28th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Well you guys answered the questions in you posts - its F#@$*D. It did not take long before 'names' came into the thread which immediately personalised the thread in a negative way. This issue is not about Mike or Chad or John or George or Ranger or whoever it is about guys like Ben the young guy whose post is above. <br /><br />Instead of people posting and saying 'yes I am part of the problem' it became another opportunity to point the finger at others - I guess that means it is unlikely to change and yes Ben you are right. You should have been able to expect better (not perfect but better) and we have let you down time and again.<br /><br />George

[old] mimitap

General

Post by [old] mimitap » February 28th, 2006, 3:39 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57676:date=Feb 28 2006, 11:41 AM:name=Ben Rea)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ben Rea @ Feb 28 2006, 11:41 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>one of the many reasons i have stayed at these forums is because almost all here are adults. in most other forums about anything there are foolish kids who have nothing to do but flame. I enjoy being around these more mature adults but now as i get to know all of you better I get the sense that some of you have not grown up yet. This is a rowing forum for anyone who wants to visit but if all you see is fighting they will be steered away. i think moderating these forums needs to be a little bit better, maybe there are some people that should be suspended from the site in order to learn a lesson. i have seen no such authority since the day i got here. someone needs to stand up and be a leader<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Might I suggest that everyone review the forum guidelines? I set them out below for ease of reference. The guidelines talk about fostering a sense of community and avoiding attacking people and the use of offensive language. Let's get back to positive discussions, sharing of helpful information and celebrating achievement.<br /><br />Marie<br /><br />1. Concept2 are not responsible for the content of any post on this board. Think carefully before acting on the advice of any post on this board, and if you are in any doubt always contact a trained professional before taking any action. <br />2. Posts on the board should be confined to discussions of erging, rowing, matters of direct interest to ergers/rowers, or messages that help foster a sense of community within the board. <br />3. Spirited discussions of unsettled issues within our sport are encouraged. This is not a license for insults, trolling or flaming; attack ideas, not people. <br />4. The admins really, REALLY dislike deleting posts. But if you post personal attacks on someone, or use offensive language, your post/thread may be deleted. In extreme circumstances you may be blocked from the forum. We haven't had to do that yet. Please don't put us in that position. <br />5. Row hard, row well.<br />

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » February 28th, 2006, 3:51 pm

Let me take the opportunity to echo what George, Ben and Marie have written.<br /><br />Now please let me also apologize for my behavior. I haven't exactly been a model as of late. I've let topics and comments get to me. The <b>last</b> thing I wanted to do. I will endeavor in the future to remain respectful and cordial.<br /><br />Dwayne

[old] Andreas

General

Post by [old] Andreas » February 28th, 2006, 4:17 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57712:date=Feb 28 2006, 02:51 PM:name=dadams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 28 2006, 02:51 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Let me take the opportunity to echo what George, Ben and Marie have written.<br /><br />Now please let me also apologize for my behavior. I haven't exactly been a model as of late. I've let topics and comments get to me. The <b>last</b> thing I wanted to do. I will endeavor in the future to remain respectful and cordial.<br /><br />Dwayne<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Good for you Dwayne!!!

[old] Ben Rea

General

Post by [old] Ben Rea » February 28th, 2006, 8:28 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57714:date=Feb 28 2006, 03:17 PM:name=Andreas)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Feb 28 2006, 03:17 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57712:date=Feb 28 2006, 02:51 PM:name=dadams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 28 2006, 02:51 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Let me take the opportunity to echo what George, Ben and Marie have written.<br /><br />Now please let me also apologize for my behavior. I haven't exactly been a model as of late. I've let topics and comments get to me. The <b>last</b> thing I wanted to do. I will endeavor in the future to remain respectful and cordial.<br /><br />Dwayne<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Good for you Dwayne!!!<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />This is good, i think anyone who thinks they are a part of this "problem" should confess and promise they will behave. thats pretty rediculous to say on a forum full of adults, but it needs to be done.<br /><br /> as for me, if any of my pointless 2 word replies led to any of this flaming and fighting then i apologize and promise to never do it again.

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » February 28th, 2006, 9:20 pm

Ben:<br /><br />You're the most adult here. Your parents and family should be proud of you. I was part of this, and I apologize ... to Chad, Dwayne, and to all the readers. This did go too far. You are right.<br /><br />Keep up the good work. With your common sense, you may some day be President of the World!<br /><br />Warm regards ... Mark

[old] mumbles

General

Post by [old] mumbles » March 1st, 2006, 4:48 am

<!--quoteo(post=57742:date=Feb 28 2006, 08:20 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 28 2006, 08:20 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Ben:<br /><br />You're the most adult here. Your parents and family should be proud of you. I was part of this, and I apologize ... to Chad, Dwayne, and to all the readers. This did go too far. You are right.<br /><br />Keep up the good work. With your common sense, you may some day be President of the World!<br /><br />Warm regards ... Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />" " " "<br /><br />Owen

[old] Porkchop

General

Post by [old] Porkchop » March 1st, 2006, 12:00 pm

Ben,<br /><br />I would like to add my endorsement to the comments praising your maturity. You have a good head on your shoulders. I bet that your 8 is glad to have you in the boat.<br /><br />With that, though, I would add that there is a certain naivete in your comments above. You were absolutely right about what <i>should</i> happen. Unfortunately, while some good people were engaging in a group hug on this thread, the nastiness started all over again here: <a href="http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... entry57853" target="_blank">Chad Again</a>. The reality is it that it takes two to tango, and Chad doesn't want to dance with Mark, Dwayne, or me, or anyone else who questions his innuendos and character assassination. There won't be any peace on this subject until Chad takes Diesel's "advice" on the other thread.<br /><br />Welcome to the wonderful world of "adult" behavior. :) <br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » March 1st, 2006, 2:01 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57860:date=Mar 1 2006, 08:00 AM:name=Porkchop)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Porkchop @ Mar 1 2006, 08:00 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Unfortunately, while some good people were engaging in a group hug on this thread, the nastiness started all over again ... with Mark, Dwayne, or me, or anyone else who questions his innuendos and character assassination. </td></tr></table><br /><br />We can read between the lines, to see what you really meant. :? <br />

[old] Ben Rea

General

Post by [old] Ben Rea » March 1st, 2006, 2:18 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57860:date=Mar 1 2006, 11:00 AM:name=Porkchop)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Porkchop @ Mar 1 2006, 11:00 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Ben,<br /><br />I would like to add my endorsement to the comments praising your maturity. You have a good head on your shoulders. I bet that your 8 is glad to have you in the boat.<br /><br />With that, though, I would add that there is a certain naivete in your comments above. You were absolutely right about what <i>should</i> happen. Unfortunately, while some good people were engaging in a group hug on this thread, the nastiness started all over again here: <a href="http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... entry57853" target="_blank">Chad Again</a>. The reality is it that it takes two to tango, and Chad doesn't want to dance with Mark, Dwayne, or me, or anyone else who questions his innuendos and character assassination. There won't be any peace on this subject until Chad takes Diesel's "advice" on the other thread.<br /><br />Welcome to the wonderful world of "adult" behavior. :)<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />i know i only said what should happen but thats only because i do not have the authority to make it happen. if I did I would change it right away, and unfortunatley the admins here dont like deleting or changing posts, which im not exactly sure what that means. If the names you mentioned above dont want to confess then so be it. Its there choice and im not the one to enforce it.<br />

[old] anneoaks

General

Post by [old] anneoaks » March 1st, 2006, 11:15 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57634:date=Feb 28 2006, 08:34 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Feb 28 2006, 08:34 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57606:date=Feb 28 2006, 04:32 AM:name=ancho)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Feb 28 2006, 04:32 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I think rivality gives live to the forum. Who are we to decide if someones arguments are right, morally acceptable or whatsoever? <br />Do we have to devide ourselves between good and evil (mark or chard or viceversa)? That's absurd.<br />Most of us are rational adults, and we keep going back on the polemic items.<br />That's fine, as long as its restricted to specific topics on dedicated threads. Sad thing is that this polemic is entering and monopolising in threads that have nothing to do, and some people are following their personal affairs through the whole forum.<br />Regarding the "chad" issue: I think Dwayne's initial position was ok: if nobody were answering, chad would die of inanition. Dwayne resisted chad's provocation quite a while! If you don't like him, ignore him. A thread just with "chad cheerleaders" (just to use one of his favourite words) sure wouldn't be as interesting...<br />But: we just can't keep our fingers from our keyboards!<br /><br />BTW: of course, chad and anybody else are free to state their point of view the way he wants, but they can't expect everybody to agree with them! <br /><br />So, to be totally democratic, why don't we start a poll?<br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=57601:date=Feb 28 2006, 08:44 AM:name=John Rupp)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Feb 28 2006, 08:44 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />...<br /><br />Notice he has posted my name in his signature file, hoping to hang on to me indefinitely.<br /><br />...<br /><br /><br />But that doesn't stop me or anyone else from enjoying the forum as we please, and it never will.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />John, although this doesn't happen very often, I have to agree with you on these points. <br /><br />Think some people just still have to learn to "interprete" you the right way, you misunderstood genius :D <br /><br />Mark: don't you think your signature is "name calling"?<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Ancho:<br /><br />In my book, you can't have it both ways.<br /><br />People say, "This forum should be open to anyone, and any opinion, even if it's boorish."<br /><br />Then, when I call a guy a cad or boorish, they say I shouldn't be able to respond that way. Hey, it's only my opinion. Am I not entitled to it, just as John is entitled to call me whatever he's called me? <br /><br />How does that make sense?<br /><br />If you look at my posts, they're largely not name calling, or anything like it. Some of them do <b>CALL OUT </b> boorish or antisocial behaviour. <br /><br />I'm not trying to be right here, or make guys like John change. I'm just trying to let the less experienced readers here know that John is often "nuts" as is Chad. That's all. I don't want them to think you have to be an idiot to be a rower. That's all.<br /><br />I'm not "name calling" with John, I'm asking others to not "feed the machine" and letting people know that he's often a moron ... do you, or anyone else here, really believe he adds anything to this community? He might have one post in 100 that's helpful. The rest are just the musings of a total idiot. There, I said it. I'll bet 90%+ of the people here would agree with me, although they might not show their agreement in public, for fear of someone calling them "judgemental" or "inflexible" or "politically incorrect".<br /><br />I'm not going to stand by and have new people get bad advice or think someone like Dwayne is a cheat or liar. It's not what I'm about. If people here don't like me for that, I'm OK with their decision. I'm not looking to make friends by compromising my beliefs. This is a great sport, and I'd hate to see anyone driven away from it by bad advice.<br /><br />Thanks for considering my point.<br /><br />Regards ... Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br />