Any Canadians Order A Model D From Concept Ii?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] xdarrylx

General

Post by [old] xdarrylx » November 18th, 2005, 11:42 am

I have plans on finally biting the bullet and ordering myself a new Model D<br />since it is inconvenient to have to head onto campus everytime I feel like<br />rowing or want to train. Since I am in Ottawa Canada, I was curious if anyone<br />else had experience (in terms of cost) ordering from the Concept II website<br />and what the final duty/border charges were once FedEx dropped of the machine<br />on Canadian soil. So far I know I'm looking at <b>$905.00US</b> (including shipping),<br />which will set me back about <b>$1,078.98CAD</b> (according to www.xe.com) and after<br />that I'd just like to know what the additional bill will look like when it arrives from FedEx. <br /><br />I know the Concept II website has some <i>rough</i> figures, but I wanted to know<br />first-hand what I'm looking at paying, since I'm a student, and as per most of us,<br />budget comes into play...that and Christmas is around the corner so I'd like to<br />get a fairly accurate idea of exactly what I'll need to shell out for a new rower! <br /><br />Obviously I'd love to find a used one, but they are so few & far in between, and<br />after trying all kinds of rowing clubs here in Ontario & Quebec, searching eBay,<br />and local classifieds, I've come to the conslusion that this is my best bet! <br /><br />If anyone has any other leads, please let me know...and as always, thanks, <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Darryl

[old] FrancoisA

General

Post by [old] FrancoisA » November 18th, 2005, 5:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-xdarrylx+Nov 18 2005, 03:42 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(xdarrylx @ Nov 18 2005, 03:42 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have plans on finally biting the bullet and ordering myself a new Model D<br />since it is inconvenient to have to head onto campus everytime I feel like<br />rowing or want to train. Since I am in Ottawa Canada, I was curious if anyone<br />else had experience (in terms of cost) ordering from the Concept II website<br />and what the final duty/border charges were once FedEx dropped of the machine<br />on Canadian soil. So far I know I'm looking at <b>$905.00US</b> (including shipping),<br />which will set me back about <b>$1,078.98CAD</b> (according to www.xe.com) and after<br />that I'd just like to know what the additional bill will look like when it arrives from FedEx. <br /><br />I know the Concept II website has some <i>rough</i> figures, but I wanted to know<br />first-hand what I'm looking at paying, since I'm a student, and as per most of us,<br />budget comes into play...that and Christmas is around the corner so I'd like to<br />get a fairly accurate idea of exactly what I'll need to shell out for a new rower! <br /><br />Obviously I'd love to find a used one, but they are so few & far in between, and<br />after trying all kinds of rowing clubs here in Ontario & Quebec, searching eBay,<br />and local classifieds, I've come to the conslusion that this is my best bet! <br /><br />If anyone has any other leads, please let me know...and as always, thanks, <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Darryl <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Darryl,<br /><br />I am also from Ottawa and I purchased my Model D from Concept2 in Feb. 2004. It was delivered by UPS. The additional bill was $244.39 CAD: $178.19 in Government charges (PST and GST) and $66.20 in Brokerage Charges. The exchange rate at the time was 1.3456.<br /><br />

[old] Maddog

General

Post by [old] Maddog » November 19th, 2005, 12:00 pm

I went to Fitness Depot in Edmonton and told them I could buy the rower direct from concept's website for a lot lower then the 1598 they were asking. They came back with 1300 plus gst which I figured was worth the little extra since if there were any problems I could take it back to the store and I didn't have to wait for delivery.

[old] Calgary Rob

General

Post by [old] Calgary Rob » November 21st, 2005, 10:02 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Maddog+Nov 19 2005, 09:00 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Maddog @ Nov 19 2005, 09:00 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I went to Fitness Depot in Edmonton and told them I could buy the rower direct from concept's website for a lot lower then the 1598 they were asking. They came back with 1300 plus gst which I figured was worth the little extra since if there were any problems I could take it back to the store and I didn't have to wait for delivery. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I ordered from the C2 website before finding out that a store about 500m from my house carries them. That would have been preferable as my PM3 broke. However, C2 sent me another as soon as I notified them.<br /><br />C2 direct or shop ... either way in Alberta there's no PST <br />

[old] FrancoisA

General

Post by [old] FrancoisA » November 21st, 2005, 11:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Calgary Rob+Nov 21 2005, 02:02 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Calgary Rob @ Nov 21 2005, 02:02 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ... either way in Alberta there's no PST    <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Please, don't "<b>Rob</b>" it in!

[old] spaddy

General

Post by [old] spaddy » February 24th, 2006, 1:35 pm

I bought my new Concpet 2 from Fitness Equipment of Edmonton for 1350.00 plus GST, that was the lowest price I could find adn I think that was very reasonable!