I Don’t Want Any Trouble

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 24th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Chad, I think you were well out of order with how you went about making your point (if, indeed, that's what it was all about). However, at least you apologised*. Rather than "having no place", discussion fora would be far less entertaining places if there weren't people stirring up the occasional "heated debate", like 'em or not. I don't think that the fact that some people might not get along with you should cause you to stay away. You've as much right to post as anyone else here.<br /><br /><br /><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>*I'd give it more credence if you weren't hiding behind an alias, but that's your prerogative. </span>

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 24th, 2006, 4:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Daren C+Jan 24 2006, 12:30 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Daren C @ Jan 24 2006, 12:30 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'd give it more credence if you weren't hiding behind an alias, but that's your prerogative. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Isn't Chad Williams a real name?<br /><br />Is Daren C a real name? It doesn't look like a real name.<br /><br />Are you a real pirate?<br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 24th, 2006, 4:52 pm

P.S.<br /><br />I am not really a duck.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 24th, 2006, 6:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Jan 24 2006, 02:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Jan 24 2006, 02:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 11:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 11:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am 42 now, 43 in May.<br /><br />Yes, I would like to row in the Open at the age of 43. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not saying that you shouldn't, as I think it's always best to seek out the best competitive race for yourself, but why not race in the class you qualify for by age? Remember, if you get the fastest time of the day (generally the Open Winner, but wouldn't have to be), the Open guys will still know who was the fastest that day, adn you have a Gold Medal. If you're not the fastest of the day and race in the Open but are the fastest 40+, all the 40+'s will know you were faster than them, but there will be a guy with a Medal from the event that says he won the class on that day and it won't be you (and he might even been capable of being faster, no way to know, as you didn't "race" him.). i.e. You could row the piece in your home and it would have the same ultimate meaning. But then we would be right back to "why race indoors at all?", afterall, we don't find all top Olympians or World Cup Rowers showing up to these things, but is there any doubt they would produce some times which could be considered "unbelievable"?<br /><br />I'm just curious as to your thought processes on this. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Paul, no disrespect to any of the other rowers in the 40-44 Heavyweights, I can beat there times already without to much sprint work up till now.<br />Andreas won the BiRC with 6.07.7 last year and he moves up to the next age group this year. Second place was a 6.08.1.<br /><br />Going by the Open results of last year I would fall into the top 10. I have 10 months of work to do, I know it also depends who shows up on the day but I would love to aim for a top 5 place. Last year looked a very good field. I would rather be in the top 5 of the open than No.1 in a smaller group of rowers. I am not saying that I would win the 40+ category as you never know how will be there on the day and who is coming up from the lower age category. <br /><br />I don’t know if I would do the same at Boston though, it would all depend if Dwayne was to row.<br /><br />

[old] chrisa770

General

Post by [old] chrisa770 » January 24th, 2006, 6:38 pm

I don't think you'll have to worry about Dwayne.<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 06:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 06:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Jan 24 2006, 02:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Jan 24 2006, 02:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 11:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 11:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am 42 now, 43 in May.<br /><br />Yes, I would like to row in the Open at the age of 43. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not saying that you shouldn't, as I think it's always best to seek out the best competitive race for yourself, but why not race in the class you qualify for by age? Remember, if you get the fastest time of the day (generally the Open Winner, but wouldn't have to be), the Open guys will still know who was the fastest that day, adn you have a Gold Medal. If you're not the fastest of the day and race in the Open but are the fastest 40+, all the 40+'s will know you were faster than them, but there will be a guy with a Medal from the event that says he won the class on that day and it won't be you (and he might even been capable of being faster, no way to know, as you didn't "race" him.). i.e. You could row the piece in your home and it would have the same ultimate meaning. But then we would be right back to "why race indoors at all?", afterall, we don't find all top Olympians or World Cup Rowers showing up to these things, but is there any doubt they would produce some times which could be considered "unbelievable"?<br /><br />I'm just curious as to your thought processes on this. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Paul, no disrespect to any of the other rowers in the 40-44 Heavyweights, I can beat there times already without to much sprint work up till now.<br />Andreas won the BiRC with 6.07.7 last year and he moves up to the next age group this year. Second place was a 6.08.1.<br /><br />Going by the Open results of last year I would fall into the top 10. I have 10 months of work to do, I know it also depends who shows up on the day but I would love to aim for a top 5 place. Last year looked a very good field. I would rather be in the top 5 of the open than No.1 in a smaller group of rowers. I am not saying that I would win the 40+ category as you never know how will be there on the day and who is coming up from the lower age category. <br /><br />I don’t know if I would do the same at Boston though, it would all depend if Dwayne was to row. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] michaelb

General

Post by [old] michaelb » January 24th, 2006, 8:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 05:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 05:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Paul, no disrespect to any of the other rowers in the 40-44 Heavyweights, I can beat there times already without to much sprint work up till now.<br />Andreas won the BiRC with 6.07.7 last year and he moves up to the next age group this year. Second place was a 6.08.1.<br /><br />Going by the Open results of last year I would fall into the top 10. I have 10 months of work to do, I know it also depends who shows up on the day but I would love to aim for a top 5 place. Last year looked a very good field. I would rather be in the top 5 of the open than No.1 in a smaller group of rowers. I am not saying that I would win the 40+ category as you never know how will be there on the day and who is coming up from the lower age category. <br /><br />I don’t know if I would do the same at Boston though, it would all depend if Dwayne was to row. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Let me get this straight. We are now supposed to accept that you are one of the fastest 40H's in the world, based on nothing more than your vague and unspecified claims here? Are we going to have to put up with these sort of statements until next fall? What have you raced already, what are your current times? Andreas and several other very fast guys row regularly on rowpro. Sign up for a race and show us what you really can do.<br />

[old] Ducatista

General

Post by [old] Ducatista » January 24th, 2006, 8:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-chrisa770+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(chrisa770)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't think you'll have to worry about Dwayne. </td></tr></table><br />1. Did Duwayne Adams steal your lunch money or something? Pee in your coffee? Break your heart?<br /><br />2. Has there lately been more thread-bloating over-quotation than usual, or is my tolerance down? Either way—no need to quote multiple posts' worth of verbage if you're just responding to a line or two. Give a scroll bar a break.

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 24th, 2006, 8:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ducatista+Jan 24 2006, 04:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ducatista @ Jan 24 2006, 04:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Did Duwayne Adams steal your lunch money or something? </td></tr></table><br />Who the heck is Duwaye Adams?<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->no need to quote multiple posts' worth of verbage if you're just responding to a line or two. </td></tr></table><br />Agreed!

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » January 24th, 2006, 8:44 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I put a lot of secrecy around my rows and training; I did not want to give out information of my times as I do not have any proof of them, that is why I do not log any of my times or distances. When I train it is just me and my C2. I do not have a PM3 either. </td></tr></table> <br /><br />Gee, I thought you didn't post your times in the rankings because you felt there were a lot of unverified times posted there, and wouldn't want to participate in anything so sullied. <br /><br />Go ahead and post them. Most of us believe the times that are posted, even if they are well beyond our current ability or even what we perceive to be our potential, and especially believe times that are very close to our own--whyever would you not believe that someone could do what you can do or very nearly can do? Personally, I believe everyone's times, unless, as I mentioned before, they are obvious stupid typos or men's times accidentally posted in the women's lists, etc., and find amazingly fast times very motivational. And feel free to share what you are doing for training. That is what this forum is for, sharing information on training and getting and giving encouragement to each other. Competition is based on the Latin words that mean "coming together to bring out the best." (or something like that, I'm sure someone will correct me.)<br /><br />I don't blame you for being shy about posting your times, though. Why should you expect to be treated with respect in regard to "unproved" times after the way you made your debut on this forum? How much better it would have been to just post your great times and let everyone see there's a new kid on the block who's pretty fast and someone to look out for. You could still have addressed the problems in the rankings but it would have been a lot more productive and pleasant.<br /><br />Happy rowing!<br /><br />

[old] VTSkier

General

Post by [old] VTSkier » January 24th, 2006, 9:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-seat5+Jan 24 2006, 07:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Jan 24 2006, 07:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I put a lot of secrecy around my rows and training; I did not want to give out information of my times as I do not have any proof of them, that is why I do not log any of my times or distances. When I train it is just me and my C2. I do not have a PM3 either. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Gee, I thought you didn't post your times in the rankings because you felt there were a lot of unverified times posted there, and wouldn't want to participate in anything so sullied. <br /><br />Go ahead and post them. Most of us believe the times that are posted, even if they are well beyond our current ability or even what we perceive to be our potential, and especially believe times that are very close to our own--whyever would you not believe that someone could do what you can do or very nearly can do? Personally, I believe everyone's times, unless, as I mentioned before, they are obvious stupid typos or men's times accidentally posted in the women's lists, etc., and find amazingly fast times very motivational. And feel free to share what you are doing for training. That is what this forum is for, sharing information on training and getting and giving encouragement to each other. Competition is based on the Latin words that mean "coming together to bring out the best." (or something like that, I'm sure someone will correct me.)<br /><br />I don't blame you for being shy about posting your times, though. Why should you expect to be treated with respect in regard to "unproved" times after the way you made your debut on this forum? How much better it would have been to just post your great times and let everyone see there's a new kid on the block who's pretty fast and someone to look out for. You could still have addressed the problems in the rankings but it would have been a lot more productive and pleasant.<br /><br />Happy rowing! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Chad,<br /><br />I second my wife's (seat5) opinion, but I won't sugar-coat it. You will get <b>no</b> belief <i>or</i> respect from anyone on this forum until you row a 2K piece on a PM3-equipped rower either after you pony-up the $185 and get one (I assume you have a rower), or go to a club with one, and rank the piece with a PM3 verified IND_V showing your stuff. Totally unproven claims hold no water here!<br /><br />If you don't, I for one, will Ignore Chad Wiliiams. That was how you spelled it in the apology score, wasn't it? With three "i"'s?<br /><br />Hmmm...I don't usually typo my own name... <br /><br />By the way...speaking of proof... I don't know if anyone else noticed (I haven't read all the threads today), but if you look at the rankings for 2004 for 2K, Men, 30-39, Dwayne did have a #2 ranked piece at 5:49.1 at a <b><i>RACE</i></b>!<br /><br />No regard (for you, until you prove your claims),<br />Dave

[old] Ducatista

General

Post by [old] Ducatista » January 24th, 2006, 9:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Who the heck is Duwayne Adams? </td></tr></table><br />I'm a little Du-centric, I guess. Must be the handle.<br /><br />(And Duwayne has such a nice, NASCAR-y feel, don't you think?)

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 24th, 2006, 9:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ducatista+Jan 24 2006, 05:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ducatista @ Jan 24 2006, 05:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(And Duwayne has such a nice, NASCAR-y feel, don't you think?) </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, that must be why I accidently misspelled it. <br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 24th, 2006, 9:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-VTSkier+Jan 24 2006, 05:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(VTSkier @ Jan 24 2006, 05:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />By the way...speaking of proof... I don't know if anyone else noticed (I haven't read all the threads today), but if you look at the rankings for 2004 for 2K, Men, 30-39, Dwayne did have a #2 ranked piece at 5:49.1 at a <b><i>RACE</i></b>!<br /><br />No regard (for you, until you prove your claims),<br />Dave </td></tr></table><br /><br />Are you going to prove it was really a RACE then? <br />

[old] gcanyon

General

Post by [old] gcanyon » January 24th, 2006, 10:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-VTSkier+Jan 24 2006, 05:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(VTSkier @ Jan 24 2006, 05:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->By the way...speaking of proof... I don't know if anyone else noticed (I haven't read all the threads today), but if you look at the rankings for 2004 for 2K, Men, 30-39, Dwayne did have a #2 ranked piece at 5:49.1 at a <b><i>RACE</i></b>!<br /><br />Dave <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />It's a shame no one pointed this out during the recent credibility debate. Do we know what race it was at? I'm surprised Dwayne didn't bring it up, since the basis of doubt could be summed up as, "Great performance on the rankings, uniformly bad performance at actual races."

[old] NavigationHazard

General

Post by [old] NavigationHazard » January 24th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Without intending to start an argument, since I don't have a dog in the 40-44 fatties fight, I should think that the talented Mr. Bohrer might still have something to say about who wins the category this year and next (absent Dwayne). I wouldn't want to bet the house against Tom, especially if he's forewarned enough to adjust his training and racing strategy.<br /><br />To me, the negative-splitted 6:05.9 he turned in last year in reeling in and beating Andreas speaks volumes about his formidable capabilities....<br /><br />