Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Niall

General

Post by [old] Niall » January 22nd, 2006, 6:28 pm

Okay people, there's nothing to see here. Let's step away from the thread and go about our normal lives (you do have lives outside this forum, right?).<br /><br />I suspect verification/validation will have to wait until C2 open their doors tomorrow. So I bid you au revoir 'til then....

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 22nd, 2006, 6:28 pm

Mark,<br /><br />Are you questioning Chad's integrity?

[old] j.d

General

Post by [old] j.d » January 22nd, 2006, 6:28 pm

If this time is verified does Dwayne get a plane ticket to boston?<br /><br />jd

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 22nd, 2006, 6:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Niall+Jan 22 2006, 02:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Niall @ Jan 22 2006, 02:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Okay people, there's nothing to see here. Let's step away from the thread and go about our normal lives (you do have lives outside this forum, right?).<br /><br />I suspect verification/validation will have to wait until C2 open their doors tomorrow. So I bid you au revoir 'til then.... </td></tr></table><br />Good point.... ta ta.

[old] Polaco

General

Post by [old] Polaco » January 22nd, 2006, 6:30 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 05:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 05:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />They're hoping he <b>FAILS</b>.  They're hoping another competitor <b>FAILS</b>.  Not that they themselves <b>SUCCEED</b>, or not that they <b>BEAT </b>Dwayne fair and square, but that he <b>FAILS</b>.  That is not sportmanship.<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Mark:<br /><br />Why do you assume this? Maybe someone wants Big D failing, but this is not my case and I don't think is the case of the 95% of people. <br /><br />Almost everybody will be happy to see positive evidence because otherwise they will be bad news for this sport.

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 6:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Niall+Jan 22 2006, 06:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Niall @ Jan 22 2006, 06:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Okay people, there's nothing to see here. Let's step away from the thread and go about our normal lives (you do have lives outside this forum, right?).<br /><br />I suspect verification/validation will have to wait until C2 open their doors tomorrow. So I bid you au revoir 'til then.... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Niall:<br /><br /> <br /><br />I believe you're correct (from the C2 US site Ranking FAQ):<br /><br /><b>Why do I have to use a ranking code? </b><br /><br /><i>To enter times that qualify for the top places, you must have a ranking code. To request your entry code, simply follow the detailed instructions that will be given to you when you try to rank a piece requiring a ranking code. If the piece is a "top 3" result based on the prior season's rankings, you will have the option of making the piece "verifiable" and the Source Code next the piece in the ranking will then show up as "IND_V". In order for Concept2 to verify a result, the following must be emailed to Bill at billp@concept2.com:<br /><br />Your email address used for the ranking <br />Your first and last name and the country you live in <br />Details of your row (time, distance, location) <br />The location of the rowing machine used (top 3 ranking spots must be rowed on a publicly accessible machine) <br />Your witness contact information <br />Your user name that you use to log on to the ranking </i><br /><br />Cheers -- Mark<br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 6:32 pm

I hope it does get an IND_V. Then Dwayne can thank me for taking all this doubt about his ability out of the spot light, the doubt that he has had round his neck for years.<br /><br />I am the only one brave enough to take this the full course. The last thing I want is to see Dwayne fail.<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 6:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 22 2006, 06:30 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 22 2006, 06:30 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 05:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 05:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />They're hoping he <b>FAILS</b>.  They're hoping another competitor <b>FAILS</b>.  Not that they themselves <b>SUCCEED</b>, or not that they <b>BEAT </b>Dwayne fair and square, but that he <b>FAILS</b>.  That is not sportmanship.<br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Mark:<br /><br />Why do you assume this? Maybe someone wants Big D failing, but this is not my case and I don't think is the case of the 95% of people. <br /><br />Almost everybody will be happy to see positive evidence because otherwise they will be bad news for this sport. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Palaco:<br /><br />Have you read some of the posts? They're something like, "Well, I can understand how Chad questioned Dwayne's times, because I question them too."<br /><br />They rationalize bad behaviour because they have doubt too -- but no evidence, no facts. How would that settle with you if you were on Dwayne's end of this?<br /><br />They question Dwayne's integrity by stepping aside and not calling Chad for his impertinence (spelling?). I'll stick with my statement that there are a number of people that would like to see Dwayne fail.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » January 22nd, 2006, 6:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 10:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 10:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am the only one brave enough to take this the full course. The last thing I want is to see Dwayne fail. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Unf****** believable.

[old] MJPhilly

General

Post by [old] MJPhilly » January 22nd, 2006, 6:39 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 05:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 05:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I hope it does get an IND_V. Then Dwayne can thank me for taking all this doubt about his ability out of the spot light, the doubt that he has had round his neck for years.<br /><br />I am the only one brave enough to take this the full course. The last thing I want is to see Dwayne fail. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />He won't thank you. And he shouldn't. As he said before, he didn't do this row for you.<br />You should, however, congratulate him.

[old] Polaco

General

Post by [old] Polaco » January 22nd, 2006, 6:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 05:36 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 05:36 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Palaco:<br /><br />Have you read some of the posts?  They're something like, "Well, I can understand how Chad questioned Dwayne's times, because I question them too."<br /><br />They rationalize bad behaviour because they have doubt too -- but no evidence, no facts.  How would that settle with you if you were on Dwayne's end of this?<br /><br />They question Dwayne's integrity by stepping aside and not calling Chad for his impertinence (spelling?).  I'll stick with my statement that there are a number of people that would like to see Dwayne fail.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark:<br /><br />Having doubts on something doesn't mean that you want that it has to be one way or the other. <br /><br />I can have my doubts on the existence of God but this doesn't mean I don't want Him to exists. It is the difference between atheism and agnosticism.<br /><br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 22nd, 2006, 6:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-MJPhilly+Jan 22 2006, 05:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(MJPhilly @ Jan 22 2006, 05:39 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 22 2006, 05:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 22 2006, 05:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I hope it does get an IND_V. Then Dwayne can thank me for taking all this doubt about his ability out of the spot light, the doubt that he has had round his neck for years.<br /><br />I am the only one brave enough to take this the full course. The last thing I want is to see Dwayne fail. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />He won't thank you. And he shouldn't. As he said before, he didn't do this row for you.<br />You should, however, congratulate him. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />If C2 are happy with the row and give it a IND_V I will start a new thread titled "An apology to Dwayne Adams from Chad"<br /><br /><br />

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 22nd, 2006, 6:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Jan 22 2006, 06:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Jan 22 2006, 06:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Mark,<br /><br />Are you questioning Chad's integrity? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Absolutely John, with <b>FACTS</b>. He's lied or deceived twice today alone. <br /><br /><b>Bold faced lies.</b><br /><br />Lies my grandmother would have spanked my backside for when I was young.

[old] Graham Benton

General

Post by [old] Graham Benton » January 22nd, 2006, 6:47 pm

Congratulations Dwayne. An awesome time considering your lack of specific preparation. Will you be racing the Open or the 40-49 in Boston?

[old] VTSkier

General

Post by [old] VTSkier » January 22nd, 2006, 6:47 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 22 2006, 05:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 22 2006, 05:43 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 22 2006, 05:36 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 22 2006, 05:36 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Palaco:<br /><br />Have you read some of the posts?  They're something like, "Well, I can understand how Chad questioned Dwayne's times, because I question them too."<br /><br />They rationalize bad behaviour because they have doubt too -- but no evidence, no facts.  How would that settle with you if you were on Dwayne's end of this?<br /><br />They question Dwayne's integrity by stepping aside and not calling Chad for his impertinence (spelling?).  I'll stick with my statement that there are a number of people that would like to see Dwayne fail.<br /><br />Regards -- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mark:<br /><br />Having doubts on something doesn't mean that you want that it has to be one way or the other. <br /><br />I can have my doubts on the existence of God but this doesn't mean I don't want Him to exists. It is the difference between atheism and agnosticism. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Odd, I thought atheism is believing that God *doesn't* exist, while agnostics don't *know* where God exists or not (not proven to them one way or the other, yet).<br /><br />Dave