Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 19th, 2006, 6:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 05:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 05:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-mpukita+Jan 19 2006, 04:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Jan 19 2006, 04:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 16 2006, 07:11 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 16 2006, 07:11 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am 42 years old, a reasonably fit guy. I have been rowing for many years.[right] <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Chad:<br /><br />How about some help with context here ...<br /><br />I tried to find your listings in the rankings and annual meters challenge pages and could not. They're probably there and I just missed them. Maybe you could provide some information on how much you've rowed this season and your PBs at a few distances.<br /><br />I'm not asking for this information to be a silly bugger ... I'm asking to see whether your problem is that you're just being rude, or if you really don't get it because you've not been able to establish the difference between "rowing for fitness" and "training".<br /><br />You say that you're a "reasonably fit guy" who has been rowing for "many years. If so, and you've pushed yourself in training at all, you should be at 7:00 (or well below) by now. I'm no athlete, I'm 47, I'm 5' 7" and 75kg, I started rowing in May '05, and I expect to be under 7:00 by the end of one year ... or maybe two.<br /><br />If not below 7:00, you're likely a fitness rower, and I could understand how you might question anyone's time that's as fast as Dwayne's is. It's the difference between a guy who golfs once a year and a professional. Then we could just chalk this whole string up to your ignorance rather than poor taste and lack of good sportmanship.<br /><br />Cheers mate!<br /><br />-- Mark <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I am well below 6.30 minutes for a 2000m. I am not willing to post any PB's.<br /><br /><snip><br />I am going to purchase Row Pro[right] <br /> </td></tr></table><br />No need to purchase Chad ... just download and use the trial rows. Go whip off a sub-6:30 and rank it man ... show us your stuff!

[old] kinley

General

Post by [old] kinley » January 19th, 2006, 6:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> (I told myself that I would not waste any more time with this nonsense, but it is like watching a train wreck. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't stay away.) </td></tr></table><br /><br />Sort of like glancing at the tabloids by the checkout.<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have never walked away from a fight </td></tr></table><br /><br />Chad --- if you stop squawking, they'll let you up.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 6:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-slo_boat+Jan 19 2006, 05:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(slo_boat @ Jan 19 2006, 05:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 04:58 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 04:58 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-slo_boat+Jan 19 2006, 04:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(slo_boat @ Jan 19 2006, 04:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Has any one seen this chap Chad Williams?<br /><br />He claims to be interested in improving the ranking system. I even created a new thread for him, but other than to say that he would be back later he hasn't posted anything constructive. <br /><br />Oh I see. He's over here in this thread. Even though he claims that his purpose is something other than simply slamming Dwayne, that's what he is spending all his time and effort doing. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />There is more than 1 later.<br /><br />I have never walked away from a fight, that is why I am still over on this thread. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Except that this is a fight you claim was an accident. You claim no personal animosity towards Dwayne, and you claim to be interested in rankings and standards. Your actions do not agree with your claimed intentions. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:red'><b>Did I call Dwayne an Ass?<br />Did I call Dwayne “some big mouth”<br />Did I call Dwayne a “shit stain”</b></span><br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><b>No</b></span><br /><br />Your Golden Boy got all aggressive on me, you accused me of such things but it has turned 180 on you.<br /><br />I dont know if I can let that go!

[old] Carl Henrik

General

Post by [old] Carl Henrik » January 19th, 2006, 6:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Look at the question at the top, it says<br /><br /><b>Are his times real</b><br /><br />Yes<br /><br />No<br /><br />Dont Care<br /><br /><b>Thats not that crazy!</b> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />It says something like:<br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'> Fake Or Real ?</span> </span><br /><span style='color:yellow'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Are his times real?</span></span><br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Yes/no</span></span><br />It's a bit crazy! Sorry, you won't get any medal for poll making excellence at least.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 6:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Carl Henrik+Jan 19 2006, 05:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Carl Henrik @ Jan 19 2006, 05:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Look at the question at the top, it says<br /><br /><b>Are his times real</b><br /><br />Yes<br /><br />No<br /><br />Dont Care<br /><br /><b>Thats not that crazy!</b> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />It says something like:<br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'> Fake Or Real ?</span> </span><br /><span style='color:yellow'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Are his times real?</span></span><br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Yes/no</span></span><br />It's a bit crazy! Sorry, you won't get any medal for poll making excellence at least. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Look above the 3 blue bars, it says <b><span style='color:blue'>Are his times real?</span></b><br />

[old] Carl Henrik

General

Post by [old] Carl Henrik » January 19th, 2006, 6:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Carl Henrik+Jan 19 2006, 05:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Carl Henrik @ Jan 19 2006, 05:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Look at the question at the top, it says<br /><br /><b>Are his times real</b><br /><br />Yes<br /><br />No<br /><br />Dont Care<br /><br /><b>Thats not that crazy!</b> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />It says something like:<br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'> Fake Or Real ?</span> </span><br /><span style='color:yellow'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Are his times real?</span></span><br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Yes/no</span></span><br />It's a bit crazy! Sorry, you won't get any medal for poll making excellence at least. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Look above the 3 blue bars, it says <b><span style='color:blue'>Are his times real?</span></b> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Oh, didn't you see the yellow text?

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 6:25 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Carl Henrik+Jan 19 2006, 05:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Carl Henrik @ Jan 19 2006, 05:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Carl Henrik+Jan 19 2006, 05:14 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Carl Henrik @ Jan 19 2006, 05:14 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 09:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Look at the question at the top, it says<br /><br /><b>Are his times real</b><br /><br />Yes<br /><br />No<br /><br />Dont Care<br /><br /><b>Thats not that crazy!</b> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />It says something like:<br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'> Fake Or Real ?</span> </span><br /><span style='color:yellow'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Are his times real?</span></span><br /><span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Yes/no</span></span><br />It's a bit crazy! Sorry, you won't get any medal for poll making excellence at least. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Look above the 3 blue bars, it says <b><span style='color:blue'>Are his times real?</span></b> <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Oh, didn't you see the yellow text? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Has it been a long day Carl <br /><br />

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 19th, 2006, 6:25 pm

[You say that you're a "reasonably fit guy" who has been rowing for "many years. If so, and you've pushed yourself in training at all, you should be at 7:00 (or well below) by now. I'm no athlete, I'm 47, I'm 5' 7" and 75kg, I started rowing in May '05, and I expect to be under 7:00 by the end of one year ... or maybe two.<br /><br />If not below 7:00, you're likely a fitness rower, and I could understand how you might question anyone's time that's as fast as Dwayne's is. It's the difference between a guy who golfs once a year and a professional. Then we could just chalk this whole string up to your ignorance rather than poor taste and lack of good sportmanship.<br /><br />Cheers mate!<br /><br />-- Mark <br />[/quote]<br /><br />You will not find me on the rankings, I do not rank ANYTHING. Yes, I am well below sub 7 minutes for a 2000m, infact I am well below 6.30 minutes for a 2000m. I am not willing to post any PB's.<br /><br />I will how ever say thay I am going to purchase Row Pro and I will be able give Andreas some good races. <br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Chad did you race in public?

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 6:27 pm

hjs. Yes I have raced in public.<br /><br />

[old] slo_boat

General

Post by [old] slo_boat » January 19th, 2006, 6:30 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 05:09 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 05:09 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><span style='color:red'><b>Did I call Dwayne an Ass?<br />Did I call Dwayne “some big mouth”<br />Did I call Dwayne a “shit stain”</b></span><br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><b>No</b></span><br /><br />Your Golden Boy got all aggressive on me, you accused me of such things but it has turned 180 on you.<br /><br />I dont know if I can let that go! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Obviously you can't let it go. <br /><br />I think it is funny that you have decided that I am part of a Dwayne Adams fan club. I don't know Dwayne. I don't know if his times are real or not. I choose to believe that people are honest until I know otherwise. <br /><br />I am not standing up for Dwayne. I am standing up for civil discourse and decency. The fact that people responded to you the way they did is unfortunate even though it is understandable.<br /><br />The sad thing about all of this is that many people on the forum agree with you that it would be nice to improve how times are recorded. This whole thread, which you claim you started to try to initiate some sort of improvement in record keeping detracts from that goal. I told someone in a private message that I thought it was a shame that your passion was so misdirected. You could be a very powerful force for change. Instead you are merely something that has been deposited on the forum. We will all wipe our shoes and go on with this as merely a foul memory.<br /><br />I sincerely wish you success if you really want to work toward improving how indoor rowing times are recorded and ranked. If that is not really your goal, then I hope that you will be able to address whatever inner turmoil is causing you so much pain and eventually find peace within.<br /><br />And now I really will leave this thread. I'm going on vacation for a bit more than a week. No computers. No phone. Just me and my wife, some old friends, some new friends, cold weather, campfires, snow, dogs and sleds.

[old] Porkchop

General

Post by [old] Porkchop » January 19th, 2006, 6:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 05:09 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 05:09 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-slo_boat+Jan 19 2006, 05:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(slo_boat @ Jan 19 2006, 05:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 04:58 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 04:58 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-slo_boat+Jan 19 2006, 04:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(slo_boat @ Jan 19 2006, 04:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Has any one seen this chap Chad Williams?<br /><br />He claims to be interested in improving the ranking system. I even created a new thread for him, but other than to say that he would be back later he hasn't posted anything constructive. <br /><br />Oh I see. He's over here in this thread. Even though he claims that his purpose is something other than simply slamming Dwayne, that's what he is spending all his time and effort doing. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />There is more than 1 later.<br /><br />I have never walked away from a fight, that is why I am still over on this thread. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Except that this is a fight you claim was an accident. You claim no personal animosity towards Dwayne, and you claim to be interested in rankings and standards. Your actions do not agree with your claimed intentions. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='color:red'><b>Did I call Dwayne an Ass?<br />Did I call Dwayne “some big mouth”<br />Did I call Dwayne a “shit stain”</b></span><br /><br /><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><b>No</b></span><br /><br />Your Golden Boy got all aggressive on me, you accused me of such things but it has turned 180 on you.<br /><br />I dont know if I can let that go! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Let me see if I have this right: You invite the world to vote on whether or not they think the man is a liar (not that most or even any of us -- including you -- are likely to actually have any <b>facts</b> on which to base a vote in either direction), because we weren't there at the time: refuse to even consider the likelihood that someone might consider that kind of conduct offensive; defend your childish actions with childish insults; and when, some 300-odd posts later the man responds to your trashing of his character with a degree of outrage, <b>YOU</b> accuse <b>HIM</b> of being "all aggressive"? You don't engage in a lot of introspection, do you?<br /><br />For the record, with respect to your "groupie" allegation: I've never met Mr. Adams, I don't even know what he looks like, I've never bothered to look at any of the posted world record times by him or anyone else, and I can't recall ever responding to anything he has written on these forums. The only reason I spoke up is because your conduct from the outset has been outrageous. If you have a beef with Mr. Adams or anyone else on a public forum, take it private. You are rude, boorish, and disruptive to the harmony of this community.<br /><br />You joined this forum 3 days ago, and have already piled up more than 100 posts, all of them negative. I would expect something like this from a high school student. A man your age really ought to know better than to walk into a stranger's house and piss on the living room carpet without even saying hello.<br /><br />Even when we have disagreements here (and I've been involved in a number), they are handled with some degree of decorum and courtesy. Try it, it works pretty well.

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 19th, 2006, 6:35 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 09:58 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 09:58 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have never walked away from a fight </td></tr></table><br /><br />But you'll only "fight" in disguise. That makes you a craven coward. <br />

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 19th, 2006, 6:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 11:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 11:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hjs. Yes I have raced in public. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You are not willing to give your pb's. But you will say in which race you did perform, won't you. Give us a link. I think you are a direct competitor of dwyane. I think if so you definitely have a point complaning about him. <br />This aside from the general problem of the rankingsystem.<br />Please give us a link of a race in which you took part. There's no need to hide, is there?<br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Have a good vacation.<br /><br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 6:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 19 2006, 05:36 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 19 2006, 05:36 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 11:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 11:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hjs. Yes I have raced in public. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You are not willing to give your pb's. But you will say in which race you did perform, won't you. Give us a link. I think you are a direct competitor of dwyane. I think if so you definitely have a point complaning about him. <br />This aside from the general problem of the rankingsystem.<br />Please give us a link of a race in which you took part. There's no need to hide, is there? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I am not a sub 5.50 rower.<br /><br />I have not raced in the U.S.A<br /><br />I do hope to do CRASH B's one year.