Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Carl Henrik

General

Post by [old] Carl Henrik » January 19th, 2006, 3:39 pm

The poll doesn't mean anything, since yes could mean yes fake or yes real, and no could mean not fake or not real. It's crazy

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 19th, 2006, 3:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 02:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 02:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Oh look, it is the same band of 4 or 5 people, the “Dwayne Adams cheerleaders”<br /><br />Yet again you say I am a liar, show me any lie I have told!! If I keep lying you won’t have any trouble finding one to bring to my attention.<br /><br />I find it quite embarrassing for you guys, the way you suck up to someone that cant prove how great you think he is.<br />If Dwayne came onto the forum and posted that he walked on water this morning and he has a mate of his that saw it, you lot would believe it without a second glance.<br /><br />Dwayne can not prove that his rows in the rankings are real!! Is that a lie? He claims to be able to row 6000m at 1:36 yet can’t row under 7.00 in a public competition, is that a lie?<br />Did you know he can row a Full Marathon distance under sub 7 minutes pace for 2K, yet in competition he can not do it for a one of  2000m.<br />But, stick him in his garage or an empty gym (maybe a few mates around) he can then row you a sub 5.50 2000m, do you not think that is a bit suspicious??<br /><br />Why do you feel the need to take him under your wing, why won’t Dwayne speak for himself?<br /><br />Your merry little band of men have no where to go, you are in a corner. Look at the poll. More people at this time agree with me than you lot.<br /><br />The question was, are Dwayne’s times real, most people have voted no they are fake rather than yes they are real!! That means that they think his times are questionable.<br /><br />Accept it, ok, so you have a bit of egg on your face, but I won’t hold that against you in any way. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Chad:<br /><br />OK, now you've offended me. I guess I'm just a sycophant pussy because I basically called you a cad and a coward for not asking Dwayne this personally rather than make a public accusal, which is what you did. If you don't get this, you have a character flaw that nobody's logic is going to fix. I recommend sitting your backside on the erg and pulling ... rather than making posts such as this ... or profer a question about the integrity of the system as a whole not make accusations about a single user here.<br /><br />-- Mark

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » January 19th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Ok Chad, you want comments? I think I've (and the rest of the erging community) had quite enough of you.<br /><br />First - Who are you to judge me (or anyone for that matter)? Are you a USIRT official - No. Are you a National Team member or coach - No. Are you a member of any rowing (or erging) governing body - No. From what I can gather, you are just some big mouth that has come out of the woodwork to insult, not only me, but the rest of the rowing/erging population.<br /><br />Second - If you had really done your homework (which of course you haven't), you would have known that the three IND_V times that I have on the board this season were all done with indendent witnesses. These aren't people that I hang around with. These were employees of the gym that I go to. I had to ask them their names. I had to ask them if they were ok to witness me rowing and then sign their name verifying that they indeed did witness the event. They weren't buddies, or family. At the time, the pieces were rowed using a Model C and a PM2+ (no verification code). The appropriate paperwork was submitted to C2 (i.e. their signed statement that they had witnessed the piece) and the IND_V was awarded. No WR was confirmed. No money was won. No national team was made. Etc.<br /><br />Third - You're not the first to come out and say things about my times. I've whethered sh*t stains like you before. Most of them (with the exception of Andreas) have been people that have nothing better to do in their lives but b*tch. They themselves aren't capable of such times and efforts, so they think the rest of the world also isn't. So they look for an excuse. They don't have the guts to put up a time, nor do they have the discipline that it takes to even make a world class time. Instead they go right back to doing what they're best at. B*tching.<br /><br />I have had some great friendly bantor with Graham in the past. Friendly, sportsmanlike bantor. Not accusations. I've even had a couple of quibs with Sir Matt. None that led to anything more than athletes being athletes.<br /><br />I mentioned Andreas above. Even though we don't really see eye to eye, I still respect the guy. Don't really like him, but respect him. He was given the opportunity to race against me this past summer (World Master Games - Edmonton), and for whatever reason didn't show. No big deal, we'll probably meet sometime before we die. <br /><br />Fourth - My 2k time. Again, if you had done some homework, you'd know that this was again an independent witness (USIR official). Yeah I know who he is. Kind of tough not to know people in this sport. It's not a very big community. I also knew the half dozen other witnesses that were around that day. They were all members of the rowing club. But again, no WR set (officially), no money exchanged, etc.<br /><br />Fifth - My public races. Didn't do your homework again did ya? BIRC - I injured my back approx 600m into the race. Finished it anyway. EIRC - Broke my ishial tuberosity (butt bone) from a slip in the shower two days before the race. Wanna see the Xrays??!?! San Diego - Sick as a dog that day, quit approx 1k meters into the race. Still had the sportsmanship to help Shawn out the rest of the way. Long Beach - Flu. Blew chunks the rest of the morning after the race.<br /><br /><br />As has been said in the previous pages. Question the system, not the athlete. It just makes you look like an ass.

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 19th, 2006, 4:10 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 19 2006, 03:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 19 2006, 03:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Ok Chad, you want comments? I think I've (and the rest of the erging community) had quite enough of you.<br /><br />First - Who are you to judge me (or anyone for that matter)? Are you a USIRT official - No. Are you a National Team member or coach - No. Are you a member of any rowing (or erging) governing body - No. From what I can gather, you are just some big mouth that has come out of the woodwork to insult, not only me, but the rest of the rowing/erging population.<br /><br />Second - If you had really done your homework (which of course you haven't), you would have known that the three IND_V times that I have on the board this season were all done with indendent witnesses. These aren't people that I hang around with. These were employees of the gym that I go to. I had to ask them their names. I had to ask them if they were ok to witness me rowing and then sign their name verifying that they indeed did witness the event. They weren't buddies, or family. At the time, the pieces were rowed using a Model C and a PM2+ (no verification code). The appropriate paperwork was submitted to C2 (i.e. their signed statement that they had witnessed the piece) and the IND_V was awarded. No WR was confirmed. No money was won. No national team was made. Etc.<br /><br />Third - You're not the first to come out and say things about my times. I've whethered sh*t stains like you before. Most of them (with the exception of Andreas) have been people that have nothing better to do in their lives but b*tch. They themselves aren't capable of such times and efforts, so they think the rest of the world also isn't. So they look for an excuse. They don't have the guts to put up a time, nor do they have the discipline that it takes to even make a world class time. Instead they go right back to doing what they're best at. B*tching.<br /><br />I have had some great friendly bantor with Graham in the past. Friendly, sportsmanlike bantor. Not accusations. I've even had a couple of quibs with Sir Matt. None that led to anything more than athletes being athletes.<br /><br />I mentioned Andreas above. Even though we don't really see eye to eye, I still respect the guy. Don't really like him, but respect him. He was given the opportunity to race against me this past summer (World Master Games - Edmonton), and for whatever reason didn't show. No big deal, we'll probably meet sometime before we die. <br /><br />Fourth - My 2k time. Again, if you had done some homework, you'd know that this was again an independent witness (USIRT official). Yeah I know who he is. Kind of tough not to know people in this sport. It's not a very big community. I also knew the half dozen other witnesses that were around that day. They were all members of the rowing club. But again, no WR set (officially), no money exchanged, etc.<br /><br />Fifth - My public races. Didn't do your homework again did ya? BIRC - I injured my back approx 600m into the race. Finished it anyway. EIRC - Broke my ishial tuberosity (butt bone) from a slip in the shower two days before the race. Wanna see the Xrays??!?! San Diego - Sick as a dog that day, quit approx 1k meters into the race. Still had the sportsmanship to help Shawn out the rest of the way. Long Beach - Flu. Blew chunks the rest of the morning after the race.<br /><br /><br />As has been said in the previous pages. Question the system, not the athlete. It just makes you look like an ass. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow Dwayne, that is an effing piece of art! I could have worked a year and not been able to write it as well. Good show!<br />

[old] Forge

General

Post by [old] Forge » January 19th, 2006, 4:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Fifth - My public races. Didn't do your homework again did ya? BIRC - I injured my back approx 600m into the race. Finished it anyway. EIRC - Broke my ishial tuberosity (butt bone) from a slip in the shower two days before the race. Wanna see the Xrays??!?! San Diego - Sick as a dog that day, quit approx 1k meters into the race. Still had the sportsmanship to help Shawn out the rest of the way. Long Beach - Flu. Blew chunks the rest of the morning after the race. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Gee you must have the worst luck in the world or your times are just fake (most likely) I dunno I think most can connect the two

[old] becz

General

Post by [old] becz » January 19th, 2006, 4:44 pm

As an onlooker who rarely posts, just a few impressions.<br /><br />First: I'm certainly not ashamed to say that in the past I've had the same questions as Chad. I've thought, either these times aren't true, or Dwayne just happens to be the unluckiest guy in the world. I'm not trying to make a particular point here, just saying that I think a reasonable person could rather easily come to the same conclusions as Chad. Could Chad have taken a different approach...sure. But we'd all have missed out on 20-something pages of good reading.<br /><br />Second: Dwayne's comment that Andreas didn't take him up on a chance to race at Edmonton is really pretty silly. Andreas challenged Dwayne to an ergometer race via RowPro (pretty sure that was the case), and was never talking about on the water racing. So to say that Andreas didn't follow through on his challenge is really pretty pointless.<br /><br />Third: In spite of Dwayne's defense of himself, I can't help but admit that I'll always view his times with some speculation, and I guess just think of him as the fastest guy who never won a race. Does anyone care? Probably not...fair enough. I know that if my times were genuine and many people viewed me that way, it would bother me. It bothered Ranger, and he delivered.<br /><br />So I ask two questions, and I'm sure that I (like everyone else) would like to see this put to rest.<br /><br />First: Dwayne...why won't you race just once in public or on RowPro in the near future? Given the 44km a day you are rowing, I can't image that you wouldn't put in a good showing for yourself (provided you were healthy). In the USIRDS forum, you mention that you missed (by only a few days) entering a time for the USIRT selection because you had been travelling in Asia, yet you still managed to pull a 6:01 test time. Surely on a good day this will be easy for you.<br /><br />Second: If others haven't looked a few topics down in this sub-forum, there is another topic in which Chad asked Bill P. about Dwayne's use of the PM3. PaulS then asked Bill to verify the veracity of the entered times, to which there has been no reply. The easiest way to end this is for C2 to state that they are happy with the manner in which the time was verified. If that's the case, then this whole thing is over. We can all move on. I've seen a number of C2 people watching this thread. So what's the verdict?

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 4:50 pm

<br />Oh at last, the sleeping giant wakes up. Dwayne, that was a very emotional outburst; it brought a tear to my eye.<br /><br />With regards to me not doing my “homework”, this is because there is no pre/post information available about any of your alleged times.(and you know that)<br /><br />Regarding BIRC, when you hurt your back 600m in, your average pace for the first 500m was not even sub 1.35 pace but you forget to report that.<br /><br />If I thought you was worth it, I would sit here and answer every statement you have made in that last post, it would not be a hard thing to do, but as always, when you’re involved, its only just hear-say in your case, no hard facts.<br /><br />That may keep the Dwayne Adams groupies happy, but it tells me nothing new or proves any of your times, surprise surprise.<br /><br />Get your ass into a competition and prove us all wrong, or is it you that is just full of it.<br /><br />Some people seem to think you are some sort of hero, I think you feed off that.<br /><br />

[old] Ducatista

General

Post by [old] Ducatista » January 19th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Watching busybodies in action is a guilty pleasure.

[old] Carl Henrik

General

Post by [old] Carl Henrik » January 19th, 2006, 4:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-becz+Jan 19 2006, 08:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(becz @ Jan 19 2006, 08:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Could Chad have taken a different approach...sure.  But we'd all have missed out on 20-something pages of good reading.<br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Good reading? I think this has been some of worst reading I've done on the forum! And now I've even begun doing unrewarding posts myself. Horrible!

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 4:56 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 19 2006, 02:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 19 2006, 02:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Third - You're not the first to come out and say things about my times. [right] <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><b>Does that not tell you that this may be a bit of an issue then!!</b><br /><br />

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 19th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Chad, who are the "Dwayne Adams groupies"?

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 5:06 pm

I am going to ask C2 to take Dwayne’s ranking times that have a IND_V next to them and replace them with just IND.<br /><br />He should then go to a Public race and perform a 2000m this can then be added to the rankings as an IND_V if it is good enough to require a varification.<br /><br /><br />

[old] Dickie

General

Post by [old] Dickie » January 19th, 2006, 5:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 19 2006, 03:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 19 2006, 03:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Fifth - My public races. Didn't do your homework again did ya? BIRC - I injured my back approx 600m into the race. Finished it anyway. EIRC - Broke my ishial tuberosity (butt bone) from a slip in the shower two days before the race. Wanna see the Xrays??!?! San Diego - Sick as a dog that day, quit approx 1k meters into the race. Still had the sportsmanship to help Shawn out the rest of the way. Long Beach - Flu. Blew chunks the rest of the morning after the race.<br /><br /><br />As has been said in the previous pages. Question the system, not the athlete. It just makes you look like an ass. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Let me get this straight. Dwayne makes 2 trips to California (he lives in Arizona) and 2 trips to Europe to compete and publicly fail all to maintain the illusion that he is this great athlete in a sport that is tantamount to holding a road race on a treadmill and maintain his name at the top of a list based on the honor system. <br /><br />I don't know what I was thinking, Dwayne, you're a genius. Could you lend me some money so I can compete in these far away places and fail publicly. I would very much like to be number 1, but I'll settle for number 2, after all this was your idea in the first place.

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » January 19th, 2006, 5:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-becz+Jan 19 2006, 12:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(becz @ Jan 19 2006, 12:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dwayne's comment that Andreas didn't take him up on a chance to race at Edmonton is really pretty silly.  Andreas challenged Dwayne to an ergometer race via RowPro (pretty sure that was the case), and was never talking about on the water racing.  So to say that Andreas didn't follow through on his challenge is really pretty pointless. </td></tr></table><br /><br />I was thinking the same thing.<br /><br />Doesn't Andreas live in South Africa? Why the blazes would he go to Edmonton.<br /><br />On the other hand, how hard is it for Dwayne to hook up to RowPro, after all the other things he goes through to get his times verified. He went to Edmonton but he can't hook up his computer to match Andreas' challenge online.<br /><br />And having such back luck at 4 consecutive races is very strange. There must have been some interest there to attend them though. Has that all disappeared, now that Dwayne has rewritten the record books? How is Dwayne so successful at doing time trials on a whim, yet is unable to perform in a race? Maybe, as was said before, he suffers from stage fright, though he seems to do well in a gym with his friends around.<br /><br />I would like to think all of Dwayne's times are as he has said they have been.<br /><br />However, I am very disappointed with his angry ad hominum response, suggesting the only way to avoid it is to agree with everything he has said. And none of the main points were addressed.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 5:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Dickie+Jan 19 2006, 04:16 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Dickie @ Jan 19 2006, 04:16 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 19 2006, 03:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 19 2006, 03:52 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Fifth - My public races. Didn't do your homework again did ya? BIRC - I injured my back approx 600m into the race. Finished it anyway. EIRC - Broke my ishial tuberosity (butt bone) from a slip in the shower two days before the race. Wanna see the Xrays??!?! San Diego - Sick as a dog that day, quit approx 1k meters into the race. Still had the sportsmanship to help Shawn out the rest of the way. Long Beach - Flu. Blew chunks the rest of the morning after the race.<br /><br /><br />As has been said in the previous pages. Question the system, not the athlete. It just makes you look like an ass. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Let me get this straight. Dwayne makes 2 trips to California (he lives in Arizona) and 2 trips to Europe to compete and publicly fail all to maintain the illusion that he is this great athlete in a sport that is tantamount to holding a road race on a treadmill and maintain his name at the top of a list based on the honor system. <br /><br />I don't know what I was thinking, Dwayne, you're a genius. Could you lend me some money so I can compete in these far away places and fail publicly. I would very much like to be number 1, but I'll settle for number 2, after all this was your idea in the first place. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Dickie<br /><br /> He shoots..........he scores. You beat me to it Dickie, what will the D.A fan club have to say about that!!<br /><br />