Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 5:32 am

Daren, if he had just performed at any public event in the past then this debate would not even be taking place.<br /><br />Why does he not row in a public event? That is all the proof he needs. He will not even have to pull a 5.50, a sub 6.10 would give him credibility. A sub 6.10 would be a walk in the park for a man who can pull 9000m+ at 20spm or row 6000m at 1.36 pace.<br /><br />Boston is only a few weeks away.<br /><br />He won’t do it though, and he wont even explain why?<br /><br />Yet when an on-line challenge appears, he will always be the 1st to post a great time.<br /><br />

[old] stansbie

General

Post by [old] stansbie » January 19th, 2006, 5:40 am

OK! Here's one right out of left-field, but has anyone considered the possibility that Dwayne might suffer from stage-fright?<br /><br />Is it possible that he either can't or doesn't want to compete under race conditions?<br />I've competed a number of times at BIRC, and whilst, fortunately, I don't generally suffer from pre-race nerves (my times are pretty average, so no particular pressure on me), I have seen people who go through mental h*** prior to racing, and i've read plenty of post-race forum messages where people have under-performed on race day.<br /><br />I don't know Dwayne, and not trying to defend him at all, i'm sure he's capable of doing that himself if he feels the need to. Just floating an alternative theory!<br /><br />At the end of the day, I believe that it will be a very sad day for the sport and for this community if we have to ditch the honour system. Call me old fashioned, but I still cling on to the concept of sportsmanship!<br /><br />All IMHO of course!<br /><br />Ant

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 5:53 am

Stansbie<br />Even if he did, he would still be able to cruise a sub 6.20 2000m. Remember, we are talking about a man that can hold a 1.36 split for close on 20 minutes according to the on-line ranking (No proof of this row exists though)<br /><br />He has not even broken 7.00 for a 2000m in competition.<br />

[old] JulianT

General

Post by [old] JulianT » January 19th, 2006, 5:57 am

Personally, if I had the ability that Dwayne claims, I would take a great deal of satisfaction in being a multiple World Champion, a multiple British Champion - a multiple world record holder. I know I would not do 44k+ a day, never to race at an event to show what I can do.<br /><br />What is the point in setting a World record in your garage only for it to be unrecognised, if you set it at the World Champs think of the kudos, the notoriety. For me, I train to race..I get all my satisfaction from racing not from training, it is a means to an end (racing).<br />IF he is fake then he will be found out - ultimately one way or the other. IF he is for real then why not race? Strange.

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 19th, 2006, 6:03 am

QUOTE(Jon Goodall @ Jan 17 2006, 03:40 AM)<br />What's the verdict Dwayne? You up for this challenge? <br /><br />Is it a Yes or No?<br /><br />Jon<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Sure Jon. What do you suppose your time will be? Me? I don't know. I've never done a 300 for time. <br /><br /><br />Ehhhh you row 1.14 /500 so 0.6 x 74 = 44.4 minus a bit. Do this in public and all the fuss is over. <br /><br /><a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... c=3572&hl=' target='_blank'>http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... 572&hl=</a>

[old] stansbie

General

Post by [old] stansbie » January 19th, 2006, 6:07 am

BTW Chad<br />You've obviously found your way to the <a href='http://www.c2ctc.com' target='_blank'>CTC</a> website. Can't we tempt you to join in the fun? Admittedly we don't go in for all that verification stuff, so it's all down to trust. Go on, have a go just for the h*** of it!<br /><br />Ant

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 6:11 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JulianT+Jan 19 2006, 04:57 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JulianT @ Jan 19 2006, 04:57 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Personally, if I had the ability that Dwayne claims, I would take a great deal of satisfaction in being a multiple World Champion, a multiple British Champion - a multiple world record holder. I know I would not do 44k+ a day, never to race at an event to show what I can do.<br /><br />What is the point in setting a World record in your garage only for it to be unrecognised, if you set it at the World Champs think of the kudos, the notoriety. For me, I train to race..I get all my satisfaction from racing not from training, it is a means to an end (racing).<br />IF he is fake then he will be found out - ultimately one way or the other. IF he is for real then why not race? Strange. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thank you Julian for you input. During my many hours of searching I saw Julian’s name came up a few times. This is a guy who is for real, a former British Champion and Silver medallist of BIRC 2005.<br /><br />Julian’s rows can be proven. He is a proven British Champion.<br /><br /><br />

[old] Polaco

General

Post by [old] Polaco » January 19th, 2006, 8:28 am

My daughter Mireia that is 10 years old, did 10:31.1 2K and she's the second at her category and the only one with a IND_V (because we have the verification code that the PM3 gives). The row was made at home, I was the only witness and of course she has never gone to any public competition.<br /><br />The row could be made by me, I have no means to prove the contrary, should I be afraid of a new thread saying : Mireia R - Fake or Real? <br /><br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 8:53 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 19 2006, 07:28 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 19 2006, 07:28 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My daughter Mireia that is 10 years old, did 10:31.1 2K and she's the second at her category    and the only one with a IND_V (because we have the verification code that the PM3 gives). The row was made at home, I was the only witness and of course she has never gone to any public competition.<br /><br />The row could be made by me, I have no means to prove the contrary, should I be afraid of a new thread saying : Mireia R - Fake or Real?  <br /><br />   <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Polaco, do you think your daughter could row a 2000m at a public competition in 10:31.1. or would she show up and then row over 12 minutes for it?<br /><br />

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » January 19th, 2006, 9:34 am

<!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 19 2006, 09:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 19 2006, 09:09 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I do have a Question.  Does anybody now any other ergers on the raking lists who never performes on races?<br />I think it will be hard to find one. And if you do, his or her rankings are also Questionable. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />That's exactly what I figured would come of this whole discussion--and is the exact reason I wanted a PM3 so much--when I thought it's verification would be proof. I am ranked in the top 3 in many events--last year in 5 events, and 4th in a 6th; all the other events, 6th, 49th, and 17th. The slow ones are the 2K and under--I just not good at those distances--afraid to push myself that hard. I hope to improve them this year, but since races are 2Ks, why would I race at an event for which I've never had a satisfactory result? I haven't done them all the events yet this year but expect to do about as well. Right now my 2K and under events are taken from splits off a longer piece (yes, from the beginning) for Nonathlon. I don't think I've even bothered to rank them. By the end o f the season I'll do them but don't expect to rank even high enough to need to use my code from Dena.<br /><br />It is very posssible to have top times in the long events and lousy ones in the shorter ones. I'm proof of it, though I know there are people out there who would look at times like mine and say, she can't possibly have done that 10K, because look at her 1K and 2K times. Would anyone expect a top 100 meter sprinter (Carl Lewis or someone like that) to do a great marathon time? Or Bill Rodgers (yes I'm dating myself) to beat Carl Lewis at the 100 meters? Why is it so strange that someone could have good endurance and strength for long rows and not be able to do so well the fast rate sprint stuff? Or just not be willing to suffer the results of doing sprints when that seems to result in injury most of the time?<br /><br />And, I don't race. I hate public performance and while for some the adrenaline gives them a positive influence for me it works the opposite way. I am sure that if I did race or row in public my performance would be considerably worse than when I am alone and can totally focus--also, a race is at a given time and PBs can happen when you are just ready to do it. Some day I may dare to race but it's not what I want to be doing. This, of course, is what "separates the men from the boys" as far as competition goes, and why I'm totally in awe of those that actually go to the venues and put themselves on the line in that way.<br /><br />And, by the way, I don't have a problem with Rod Freed's times, either.

[old] TomR/the elder

General

Post by [old] TomR/the elder » January 19th, 2006, 9:55 am

I remain curious about the witness, a named rowing official.<br /><br />Tom

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 19th, 2006, 10:04 am

<!--QuoteBegin-TomR/the elder+Jan 19 2006, 08:55 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TomR/the elder @ Jan 19 2006, 08:55 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I remain curious about the witness, a named rowing official.<br /><br />Tom <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />…………….Who has not spoken publicly about it before or after. A 5.47.1 by a 40 year old would be massive news in rowing circles, yet you try and find any pre or post reports on it.<br /><br />

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 19th, 2006, 10:12 am

<!--QuoteBegin-seat5+Jan 19 2006, 02:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Jan 19 2006, 02:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 19 2006, 09:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 19 2006, 09:09 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I do have a Question.  Does anybody now any other ergers on the raking lists who never performes on races?<br />I think it will be hard to find one. And if you do, his or her rankings are also Questionable. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />That's exactly what I figured would come of this whole discussion--and is the exact reason I wanted a PM3 so much--when I thought it's verification would be proof. I am ranked in the top 3 in many events--last year in 5 events, and 4th in a 6th; all the other events, 6th, 49th, and 17th. The slow ones are the 2K and under--I just not good at those distances--afraid to push myself that hard. I hope to improve them this year, but since races are 2Ks, why would I race at an event for which I've never had a satisfactory result? I haven't done them all the events yet this year but expect to do about as well. Right now my 2K and under events are taken from splits off a longer piece (yes, from the beginning) for Nonathlon. I don't think I've even bothered to rank them. By the end o f the season I'll do them but don't expect to rank even high enough to need to use my code from Dena.<br /><br />It is very posssible to have top times in the long events and lousy ones in the shorter ones. I'm proof of it, though I know there are people out there who would look at times like mine and say, she can't possibly have done that 10K, because look at her 1K and 2K times. Would anyone expect a top 100 meter sprinter (Carl Lewis or someone like that) to do a great marathon time? Or Bill Rodgers (yes I'm dating myself) to beat Carl Lewis at the 100 meters? Why is it so strange that someone could have good endurance and strength for long rows and not be able to do so well the fast rate sprint stuff? Or just not be willing to suffer the results of doing sprints when that seems to result in injury most of the time?<br /><br />And, I don't race. I hate public performance and while for some the adrenaline gives them a positive influence for me it works the opposite way. I am sure that if I did race or row in public my performance would be considerably worse than when I am alone and can totally focus--also, a race is at a given time and PBs can happen when you are just ready to do it. Some day I may dare to race but it's not what I want to be doing. This, of course, is what "separates the men from the boys" as far as competition goes, and why I'm totally in awe of those that actually go to the venues and put themselves on the line in that way.<br /><br />And, by the way, I don't have a problem with Rod Freed's times, either. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Carla although you are making a point I want to say a few things. Comparing the 100 m with a 1 or 2 k is not correct. 100 n is 10 sec. thats the same as 5/10 strokes no more. A 2 K is 6/8 min that you can compare with at least a 3 k run. And a good 3 k runner can also do a decent 10 k or hour run.<br />I don,t now your exact times but you are saying you don't have decent short distance times couse you are afraid to go to deap. So there's a reason for teh slower times but nevertheless I think your 2k split wil be al lot faster than your 10 k split. Maybe less than average but faster.<br />Bye the way do you fall of your erg after a long row? If not than you can go faster.<br /><br />Anothet point Carla, I see you are a bit older dan Adams but not much, can you row almost even as fast as the worldclassrowers? I think not, correct me if am wrong, but I think not so there is less reason to think your not honest.<br /><br />hjs<br />

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » January 19th, 2006, 10:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I don,t now your exact times but you are saying you don't have decent short distance times couse you are afraid to go to deap. So there's a reason for teh slower times but nevertheless I think your 2k split wil be al lot faster than your 10 k split. Maybe less than average but faster. </td></tr></table> <br /><br />My best 2K (which is a few years old) is only 7:48.? . That's 1:57. Just recently I did a 6K at 1:58.3, and a 30 min @20 spm at 1:59.5. My marathon last year was in 3:07.43.4. Reference pace for Wolverine Plan L4 is of course supposed to be 1:57, but I do Level 4 workouts (when I do them--I'm not properly following it) using a ref pace of 1:49.<br /><br />The fact is if there were more women rowers (more competition) I wouldn't be top ranked at all.<br /><br />

[old] Polaco

General

Post by [old] Polaco » January 19th, 2006, 10:30 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 19 2006, 07:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 19 2006, 07:53 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Polaco+Jan 19 2006, 07:28 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Polaco @ Jan 19 2006, 07:28 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->My daughter Mireia that is 10 years old, did 10:31.1 2K and she's the second at her category    and the only one with a IND_V (because we have the verification code that the PM3 gives). The row was made at home, I was the only witness and of course she has never gone to any public competition.<br /><br />The row could be made by me, I have no means to prove the contrary, should I be afraid of a new thread saying : Mireia R - Fake or Real?  <br /><br />   <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Polaco, do you think your daughter could row a 2000m at a public competition in 10:31.1. or would she show up and then row over 12 minutes for it? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />I think that my daughter could row much better than this because she did that row with bare feet, but it's also possible that she just didn't want to do it. <br />She enjoyed doing it at home but maybe not to if exposed to the public.