New Software For The Pm3

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » December 8th, 2005, 1:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dwormuth+Dec 6 2005, 09:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dwormuth @ Dec 6 2005, 09:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->The software is very nice. I like the fact that I can control the workout from the PM3 monitor! One enhancement I would like is to have the ability to add comments to the workout before transmitting to the WWW site. <br /><br />Another enhancement would be to have the workout menus reflect the workouts in the custom and favorite PM3 menus. Finally if you add comments, the ability to add other data fields in to the comments would be great as well (Final heartrate, power, DPS etc). <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Glad you like it. I don't know of a way to read the Custom and Favorite workouts from the PM3, so I can't automatically rename the menus, but I could read the menu names from a file that could be edited manually. This could also be useful for non-native english speakers. I'll also keep the ability to add comments in mind.<br /> <br />

[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » December 8th, 2005, 1:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-tjod+Dec 6 2005, 10:21 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(tjod @ Dec 6 2005, 10:21 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I found a small bug in the new software.  <br />...<br />Other than that, the Rowit program has worked well for me <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Glad it's working for you for the most part. I'll see if I can fix the problem you had.<br />

[old] dwormuth

General

Post by [old] dwormuth » December 11th, 2005, 2:10 pm

I have just had a problem where my screen blanked due to power saving sessions. When I had my son touch the keyboard while I was still rowing, the screen came back but a USB read error occurred. RowIT is not very fault complient in this situation. It would be nice if future versions were able to attempt to recover from this USB read timeout error.<br /><br />Still like the software, just a little gun shy now.

[old] atheist

General

Post by [old] atheist » December 11th, 2005, 4:54 pm

The program looks like it is very useful, but i still have yet to make it through a workout without it stalling.<br /><br />the first few times, i could barely get beyond 500m before the program crashed, showing the message (if i can remember), "unable to clear buffer". it also generated errors on the pm3; error 983 or something. pushing menu/back on pm3 cleared it momentarily, but the error came back again and again until i pulled the usb cable out and finished my workout without the pc.<br /><br />i tried something new today: plugging the usb cable into the slot on my computer's motherboard, rather than in the slots on an expansion card. this helped for about 6000m or so, then the program crashed (without generating any errors on the pm3; i finished the workout without unplugging), displaying the message "the usb operation did not complete within the timeout period" and remaining frozen. time and distance data were impossible numbers, and stroke count and calories were frozen at whatever values they were at when the crash occured.<br /><br />any advice? <br /><br />thanks again for writing the program and congrats on the win,<br /><br />-steve

[old] tjod

General

Post by [old] tjod » December 11th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Scott;<br /><br />I'm also seeing a problem similar to the one Atheist describes but not as often. I'd been ignoring it, thinking it had to do with my older laptop's USB implementation. After reading Atheist's description though, I realized that other USB devices have had no problems whatsoever (e.g. mouse, card reader, joystick, etc.) I'll try swapping the mouse and the PM3 in the 2 ports and see if the problem follows. Right now though, it looks like some more retries and/or error correction miight be needed in Rowit.<br /><br />Thanks! <br /><br />tj

[old] malor

General

Post by [old] malor » December 14th, 2005, 2:07 am

Yes, the usb error recovery can use some more work. I haven't trouble being able to complete workouts, but my workout maybe a lot shorter than some of yours.

[old] tjod

General

Post by [old] tjod » December 14th, 2005, 2:14 am

<!--QuoteBegin-malor+Dec 13 2005, 10:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(malor @ Dec 13 2005, 10:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yes, the usb error recovery can use some more work.  I haven't trouble being able to complete workouts, but my workout maybe a lot shorter than some of yours. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Mine are typically 5K or 10K or 30/60 minutes. <br /><br /> I've had it go all the way through many times, but sometimes it quits at 500 meters in, other times it goes to 5000-6000 m then wigs out. Extremely frustrating since it often takes out the PM3 display too. (ususally recoverable after hitting the requested button.)<br /><br />I'm going to wait for the next set of bug fixes before I use it again - it's way too unstable for regular use at this point.<br /><br />Keep us posted on new versions!<br /><br />Thanks!