Highschool Rowers?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] nfeht

General

Post by [old] nfeht » May 24th, 2005, 8:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-allapologies916+May 24 2005, 02:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(allapologies916 @ May 24 2005, 02:38 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->yeh... alright, of the three, which do you think is the most prestigious junior rowing nationals?<br /><br />US ROwing Youth Invite (just for juniors)<br /><br />US Rowing nationals (for juniors/elites)<br /><br />Scholastic Nationals (for same school only)<br /><br />Is anyone going to any of these three? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />ill be at the SRAA's <br />V4 St. Augustine prep - bow man

[old] xcountryrower

General

Post by [old] xcountryrower » May 25th, 2005, 5:46 pm

I'm goin to the nationals held at lake mercer, nj. 3 seat in a Lght 4 for Forest Park

[old] CrewGal07

General

Post by [old] CrewGal07 » May 26th, 2005, 1:18 pm

Good luck Ross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br /><br />I'll ttys,<br />Lyd<br /><br />P.S.<br /><br />GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE TOO! Much love...

[old] stuart-va

General

Post by [old] stuart-va » May 27th, 2005, 12:37 am

i row in high school as well(JEB Stuart) in falls church,va..im16,ive been rowing since my sophmore year..ill be rowing my senior year as well and hopefully in college ..go crew!

[old] xcountryrower

General

Post by [old] xcountryrower » May 28th, 2005, 8:58 pm

Thanks Lyd. Got back at 4:45 PM from Nationals. DAMN, THAT IS A BIG REGATTA. Had a crap load of fun. 2nd in our qualifying heat, but 5th in our semi heat. But thats ok for me, since my program is only 4 years old and we now have a lightweight boat ranked 15th in the nation. I LOVE CREW. Unfortunately i have to graduate. Oh wait, I GET TO GRADUATE!!!!!!! FUN SH!T. NO MORE TEACHERS, NO MORE BOOKS...you know the rest, if not, watch Dazed and Confused.

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » June 3rd, 2005, 11:02 am

Hey Lyd,<br /><br />Guess what I got into the third session... so I'll c ya there that's cool.<br /><br />Yea so I had a Dr.'s appointment just the typical how tall are you how much do you weigh is u'r spine straight stuff and I asked my Dr. why me tummy seemed out of porportion to the rest of my body. I've never been fat but have had a rather "protubulant" (that's what the Dr. said) stomache. ANyway they siaid it's probably nothing but we'l do an ultrasound and wala I had cat scans and next week I was in surger.<br /><br />Anyway it wasn't bad pain at all and I got to go to my prom three days after surgery no dancing but oh well. Anyway now I have a skinny tummy and am back to rowing four days a week next week and it'll be cool. Can't wait 4 camp!!<br /><br />C ya there <br /><br />give me a holler aim rowergirl591 sometime.<br />~*Sara*~

[old] CrewGal07

General

Post by [old] CrewGal07 » June 3rd, 2005, 3:44 pm

OMGOMGOMGOMG! That's so v. v. v. v. v. exciting! That's going to be so nice, having one person to sort of "break the ice with." You know how nerve wracking it is when you meat people who all know each other or something. I dunno. I still get kinda nervous with butterflies and everything lol. SO YAY!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br /><br />I canNOT wait. Although (hahahaha) we stopped practice a week and a half ago, and I've gone running twice. GO ME! I'll probably have a "protubulant" tummy by the time I get there with all this business. lol.<br /><br />Love<br />Lyd<br /><br />P.S.<br /><br />I wore spandex under a short skirt today, and can I just say, that SPANDEX IS SOOOOOOOOOOO COMFY!!!!!!!!!!! Non-rowers will never understand. EVER.

[old] xcountryrower

General

Post by [old] xcountryrower » June 3rd, 2005, 4:44 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-CrewGal07+Jun 3 2005, 03:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(CrewGal07 @ Jun 3 2005, 03:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I wore spandex under a short skirt today, and can I just say, that SPANDEX IS SOOOOOOOOOOO COMFY!!!!!!!!!!!  Non-rowers will never understand.  EVER. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You're wierd. Spandex is definitely not comfy. Its teh last thing to put on and the first thing to take off.

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » June 5th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Heh yea that'll be cool kinda knowing somebody so *waves* h*** i can't run for my life I hope i don't have to there... lol anyway gotta agree wit xcountry spandex is something I tend to avoid but not because it's uncomfortable because it is formfitting... maybe now I'll start to wear it more b/c it is good for rowing<br /><br />Anyways gtg row.<br /><br />~*Sara*~<br /><br />ps. guess what time i'll be rowing next week... 5:30am h*** yeah I don't know how I'll manage.

[old] nfeht

General

Post by [old] nfeht » June 10th, 2005, 10:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-xcountryrower+Jun 3 2005, 04:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(xcountryrower @ Jun 3 2005, 04:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-CrewGal07+Jun 3 2005, 03:44 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(CrewGal07 @ Jun 3 2005, 03:44 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I wore spandex under a short skirt today, and can I just say, that SPANDEX IS SOOOOOOOOOOO COMFY!!!!!!!!!!!  Non-rowers will never understand.  EVER. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />You're wierd. Spandex is definitely not comfy. Its teh last thing to put on and the first thing to take off. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />what are u talking about uni's are deffinatly comfy (you must go commando in them though otherwise boxers ride up ur @ss)<br /><br />i know several people who have worn them as underwear all though school and then gone to practice

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » June 12th, 2005, 8:48 pm

u'v gotta be kidding me dang i can barly stand the uni long enuf to row... insane madness<br />~Sara

[old] xcountryrower

General

Post by [old] xcountryrower » June 12th, 2005, 10:02 pm

The school i rowed for (that is before i graduated ) gave the option of a full body uni or just a top half like a wife-beater. I definitely went witht the top half one.

[old] 2Big2Cox

General

Post by [old] 2Big2Cox » June 13th, 2005, 10:24 pm

OH im here short girl right here. rowing what else is there? Coxing, yup thats it all i need Boats, water, 7 or 8 other rowers and im good to go or an erg and some music

[old] allapologies916

General

Post by [old] allapologies916 » June 19th, 2005, 4:50 pm

did anyone compete in cincinatti at the youth invites?

[old] Peter S

General

Post by [old] Peter S » June 20th, 2005, 10:52 pm

I rowed at Youth Invites in the Lwt four, what event did you row in?