Indoor Rowing Is Picking Up Speed In Costa Mesa

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » June 13th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Hi Everyone,<br /><br />Some of you now know that I am on the Indoor Rowing Crusade.<br /><br />We are in the middle of a surge of interest for the sport and our Iron Oarsman.<br /><br />4/5 of our rowers are women between the ages of 21 and 72.<br /><br />Since all that I own is invested in this IRON OARSMAN venture I can tell you that I am looking forward to the HOCKEY STICK! This is the point at which we suddenly surge up with membership and won't find enough rowing machine to satisfy demand. When that happens I will move to plan B.<br /><br />Indoor Rowing as a business keeps you fit. We are planning to certify instructors, to run IRON OARSMAN style rowing workouts.<br /><br />Keep on rowing and log the kms on the world ranking, it is great motivation for others.<br /><br />XENO<br />www.gorow.com<br />949-400-7630<br />

[old] GoodC

General

Post by [old] GoodC » June 13th, 2005, 6:36 pm

Hi Xeno<br /><br />Too sad that I’m not able to join your courses….<br />4/5 women rowers sounds pretty groovy to me… <br /><br />Seriously, I like that kind of thing you are building up over there!<br />Unfortunately, in my country (!) wired things such as collecting cream lids are still much more popular than indoor rowing…, but to whom I am telling this… <br /><br />However Xeno, keep on doing so well!<br />I like this style…!<br /> <br /><br />GoodC<br /><br />By the way: <br />Best motivation (guess for most of us!) is when Xeno logs the kms on the world ranking…!

[old] michaelb

General

Post by [old] michaelb » June 13th, 2005, 8:51 pm

Are you hooked up online with rowpro? I think that would be the coolest selling feature you could offer, and just from your shop you could double or triple the number of online races available. For some reason, I see very few women rowing online right now, so that segment needs developing.

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » June 13th, 2005, 11:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelb+Jun 13 2005, 07:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Jun 13 2005, 07:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Are you hooked up online with rowpro?  I think that would be the coolest selling feature you could offer, and just from your shop you could double or triple the number of online races available.  For some reason, I see very few women rowing online right now, so that segment needs developing. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ok, where can I read up on the row pro?<br />What type of hardware do I need?<br />XENO<br />www.gorow.com

[old] Andreas

General

Post by [old] Andreas » June 14th, 2005, 12:27 am

Al you need to know: <a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/</a><br /><br />See you soon online.You can also read al about the inner circle under the e-row heading on the forum

[old] Number Six

General

Post by [old] Number Six » June 14th, 2005, 1:12 am

The women keep me motivated and comming back to class . . . everyday <br /><br />And of course logging our meters and being number 1 <br /><br /><br />Don't miss the DISCO ROW.

[old] jfisher

General

Post by [old] jfisher » June 14th, 2005, 10:42 am

<!--QuoteBegin-michaelb+Jun 13 2005, 08:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Jun 13 2005, 08:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->For some reason, I see very few women rowing online right now, so that segment needs developing. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I saw this in bicycle racing as well. I asked several women why there were so few women racing when there were so many riding.<br /><br />The answers were basically the same. Competing was not important, they got more out of the social & fitness aspects. Which I think is bearing out at Xeno's Iron Oarsmen where they can combine socializing and fitness.<br /><br />Just genetics I guess.<br /><br />Jeff

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » June 14th, 2005, 2:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Jun 13 2005, 11:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Jun 13 2005, 11:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Al you need to know:  <a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/</a><br /><br />See you soon online.You can also read al about the inner circle under the e-row heading on the forum <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Andreas<br />How would you envision setting up the row pro for fifteen rowing machines that are lined up on slides?<br />Can the row pro handle fifteen rowers at once?<br />Your feedback is greatly appreciated.<br />XENO

[old] michaelb

General

Post by [old] michaelb » June 14th, 2005, 3:08 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Xeno+Jun 14 2005, 01:49 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Xeno @ Jun 14 2005, 01:49 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Jun 13 2005, 11:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Jun 13 2005, 11:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Al you need to know:  <a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.digitalrowing.com/</a><br /><br />See you soon online.You can also read al about the inner circle under the e-row heading on the forum <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Andreas<br />How would you envision setting up the row pro for fifteen rowing machines that are lined up on slides?<br />Can the row pro handle fifteen rowers at once?<br />Your feedback is greatly appreciated.<br />XENO <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Do you have model Ds or Model Cs? I suspect you have Ds, since this is all new. Erow is possible for model Cs with the PM2+, and may be able to support local venue racing.<br /><br />Rowpro is a little more complicated. The simple answer is that each C2 would be hooked up to its own computer, with its own display, each running their own version of rowpro, all connected to the internet by your hopefully highspeed connection (the 15 computers could be networked wirelessly or with wires).<br /><br />The complications are that the rowpro licensing limits the license to one machine, and limits the number of users per machine (so a 15 user license is $179), so you can't buy one copy of rowpro and install it on 15 machines. I have never seen any indication that rowpro can somehow run off the network on a server and have local client machines.<br /><br />Since rowpro is still in its infancy, and Digital rowing seems like a small shop, I would have you call them and see if there is anything special they can do for both in terms of how to run it like a network and also for a discount on pricing.<br /><br />If you had your 15 rowers hooked up at once though, they would not all be able to online with rowpro at once, since it is limited to 8 boats in any race; so you would have to split the field.

[old] john osullivan

General

Post by [old] john osullivan » June 15th, 2005, 5:44 am

I'm all for encouraging more women into erging. I think its a great way to keep me motivated-it would so much more appealing than seeing all those sweaty, hairy panting guys at the gym

[old] Canoeist

General

Post by [old] Canoeist » June 15th, 2005, 8:06 am

Xeno,<br /><br />You should contact Pete at Digital Rowing. I am sure he would be very interested in having you use RowPro for 15 machines. So far, RowPro seems to be an individual thing rather than for clubs. But RowPros reall power is for clubs and rowing teams. (Can you imagine the erg workouts just before team selection where the coach can see all prospective members in head to head workouts?)<br /><br />Besides, Pete needs to update his 2K file of your racing capabilities. He still has an old file of your 2K for everyone to race against. I think it happened sometime during the Sydney Olympic games. <br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack<br /><br />

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » June 15th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Alright good suggestions.<br />I will get in touch with Pete then.<br /><br />I started a second website called <a href='http://www.rowingshirts.com' target='_blank'>Rowingshirts</a><br />Until later,<br />XENO <br />www.GOROW.com<br />

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » June 21st, 2005, 10:18 pm

HI <br />I spoke to Pete from digiatal rowing.<br />We will meet in November here in SOCAL<br />XENO<br />Thanks for the great suggestions.