It's A Boy!!!.....

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Bayko

General

Post by [old] Bayko » April 21st, 2005, 11:04 am

This morning our daughter gave birth to twins, one of each. Grandchildren #2 and #3. Don't know why I'm posting this here except that my main social interaction seems to occur here (sad Git!). <br /><br />Holy Crap!!! When did I get old enough to be a grandfather???? <br /><br />"Well how she did it I'll never know,<br />But it's been maybe 20 years or so, <br />And she cooks the supper and I try to pay the rent.<br />But I'm a traveling man don't tie me down,<br />There's just too much living going all around,<br />But I can't figure out quite where it went."<br />--Lyle Lovett, from Give Back My Heart<br /><br /><br />Rick

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » April 21st, 2005, 11:39 am

Happy Grandfather Day! Or would that be Grandmother day?<br />One of each, you say?<br /><br /> <br /><br />Cheers!

[old] dennish

General

Post by [old] dennish » April 21st, 2005, 12:09 pm

Bakes, Congrats, not that you had to do that much. Now you get to be sage and thoughtful. Too bad, you were damn good at it the other way. dennis PS Time trials are going well. Narrowed the gap to 4 seconds.

[old] snappyrower

General

Post by [old] snappyrower » April 21st, 2005, 1:10 pm

Congratulations Bayko! Great news. By the way, Give Back My Heart is one of my favorite songs! Will have to go dig out the disc this afternoon!<br /><br />

[old] DavidA

General

Post by [old] DavidA » April 21st, 2005, 2:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bayko+Apr 21 2005, 10:04 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bayko @ Apr 21 2005, 10:04 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->This morning our daughter gave birth to twins, one of each.  Grandchildren #2 and #3.   Don't know why I'm posting this here except that my main social interaction seems to occur here (sad Git!). <br /><br />Holy Crap!!! When did I get old enough to be a grandfather???? <br /><br />"Well how she did it I'll never know,<br />But it's been maybe 20 years or so, <br />And she cooks the supper and I try to pay the rent.<br />But I'm a traveling man don't tie me down,<br />There's just too much living going all around,<br />But I can't figure out quite where it went."<br />--Lyle Lovett, from Give Back My Heart<br /><br /><br />Rick <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Congratulations and Best Wishes to the grandparents and parents! <br />I hope everyone is healthy and doing well.<br /><br />David<br />

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » April 21st, 2005, 4:14 pm

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>CONGRATS</span></span>

[old] CAROLE MAC

General

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » April 22nd, 2005, 4:10 am

great news Rick hope all three are doing fine...

[old] SlugButt

General

Post by [old] SlugButt » April 22nd, 2005, 7:48 am

<br />I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of congratulations! Wonderful news.

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » April 22nd, 2005, 9:12 am

Happy Grandfather-dom Rick.<br /><br />Dwayne

[old] Jim Barry

General

Post by [old] Jim Barry » April 22nd, 2005, 10:02 am

Congratulations Rick.<br /><br />You know some of us complain about rowing and kids, but I guess one day it pays off with hammers and grandchildren! <br /><br /><br />In some related news my cousin was up here in Maine this week after cheering her half Brother on at the Boston Marathon. I figured since he was new to the marathon she went to cheer him on for moral support (to maybe finish??). How wrong I was. He actually finished 169th (of 20,000) with a 2:45. Raw running talent. He just loves to run and destress while finishing dental school at Tufts. <br /><br />-- Jim<br /><br />

[old] Arno

General

Post by [old] Arno » April 22nd, 2005, 10:53 am

Congrats Rick!<br />Great news. I had some inside information beforehand though My profile shows what twins look like in two years time. If you need some advice I can.... I have got a long way to your erging times but so have you when it comes to grandchildren an me. Expecting number 5 grandchild in June <br /><br />Cheers,<br />Arno

[old] Bayko

General

Post by [old] Bayko » April 22nd, 2005, 1:05 pm

Thanks everyone. Although, as it has been pointed out, I didn't have much to do with it. I'm glad too. Hannah was 7 pounds and Nicholas was 7 pounds, 11 ounces. Their poor mother had a lot more to carry around than I'd ever want have. She is just a normal sized girl, about 5'7" and right on the border of lightweight for erging (if I could ever get her into it). They were a heavy load.<br /><br />All three are doing well. My wife called and told me that they were so cute that they will break my heart when I get up to see them on Sunday. I didn't really expect her to tell me that they were ugly though ("Stay away! These babies are UGLY!! Must be from his side of the family." )<br /><br />Good to see another Lyle Lovett fan on the forum.<br /><br />O.K. If I have to be old enough to be a damn grandfather I will at least be a cool grandfather , NOT boring. If the kids need to see the bats flying around the backyard at night, or need to play with snakes, or watch Godzilla, I'll be there for them.<br /><br />Rick<br /><br />

[old] Rowmum

General

Post by [old] Rowmum » April 22nd, 2005, 5:46 pm

Hey, you cool granddad...!<br />Wow, it must´have been a great deal of a job for the new mummy....I never had twins, but had enough work delivering my 9-pound-kids, so...lots of respect for her! All the best for you all!<br />Maybe you can teach them how to row....my little girl is 5 years old and she loves to row a fanatic 500-meter-row.<br />This week I overheard her telling her friends that she and mummy will row at the olympics in 12 years.....well, mum has got a long way to row if we need to get there!<br />Maybe we can meet in about 16 years at the olympics, where you will be coaching your little ones.....who knows!<br />Keep the faith, just overload them with love and...enjoy!<br />All the best from Germany,<br />Andrea