Why The Censorship?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Atorrante

General

Post by [old] Atorrante » February 4th, 2005, 8:11 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Coach Gus+Feb 2 2005, 08:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Coach Gus @ Feb 2 2005, 08:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->damn<br />shit<br />fuck<br /><br />Edit:  Well I expected those to be censored but they weren't.  But, h*** is.<br />Interesting.<br /><br />Edit #2:<br /><br />My apologies if this language offends you, but I'm going to leave it strictly for testing purposes.  (Like you weren't curious too.)  Thanks go to George for this interesting topic. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />"a pain in the ass". This one shouldn't be censored since it is a fact, specially after first 5K rowing trrying a PB for the 10K.

[old] TRIBUM

General

Post by [old] TRIBUM » February 4th, 2005, 10:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Feb 4 2005, 06:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 4 2005, 06:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Craig,<br />It would seem that by the responses of quite a few, that my point has been made very clear.<br /><br />Instead of just visiting other countries, try living there. Get to know the people, their background, their culture. Visiting is fine if you want to see people superficially, but it won't let you experience what they're truely about.<br /><br />I've been to Paris twice to visit. And I could easily sum up the French by the experiences I got from the Parisians (even the French know what I mean by that), but that wouldn't really be fair.<br /><br />I had the same attitude you do now until I actually experienced what other cultures are about. It humbles man. Quickly!!<br /><br /><br />Until you traveled in another man's shoes....<br /><br /><br />Dwayne <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Dwayne,<br /><br />I obviously started a political firestorm here...<br /><br />Anyhow, I really don't think that living in Europe would change my views and convictions, but it would be fun. Northern Italy and Southern Austria are great!<br /><br />Mea culpa to those who disagree with me... <br />Let's get to Erg'n! <br /><br />Craig

[old] Canoeist

General

Post by [old] Canoeist » February 6th, 2005, 8:16 am

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Feb 3 2005, 07:30 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 3 2005, 07:30 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Being an American that has actually lived outside the US for a number of years, that is the response I would expect from an American who probably has not. And if you did, then you probably weren't the most popular guy around. That sort of American arrogance is exactly why alot of other cultures around the world dislike us. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Totally agree with you Dwayne. I lived in Ireland and England for 5 years and developed a very different picture of the US by looking at it from the outside.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] Paul Smith

General

Post by [old] Paul Smith » February 7th, 2005, 4:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-David Speed+Feb 3 2005, 11:26 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(David Speed @ Feb 3 2005, 11:26 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-John Hendrie+Feb 3 2005, 09:52 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Hendrie @ Feb 3 2005, 09:52 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Excuse my ignorance but what/where is Scunthorpe? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No need to be ashamed of not knowing about it. I'd be happy not knowing it either <br /><br />It's a town (city?) in the North East of England around the Humber River area.<br />A former iron/steelworking area (when the UK still had such things )<br /><br />The favoured saying goes along the lines of 'Who put the c**t in Scunthorpe?'<br /><br />Classy, us Brits <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hey no dissing sunny scunny, lived there all my life until 18 month ago. Steelworks is still going strong 3k+ workers.

[old] slo_boat

General

Post by [old] slo_boat » February 10th, 2005, 12:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-TRIBUM+Feb 4 2005, 09:07 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(TRIBUM @ Feb 4 2005, 09:07 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Feb 4 2005, 06:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 4 2005, 06:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Craig,<br />It would seem that by the responses of quite a few, that my point has been made very clear.<br /><br />Instead of just visiting other countries, try living there. Get to know the people, their background, their culture. Visiting is fine if you want to see people superficially, but it won't let you experience what they're truely about.<br /><br />I've been to Paris twice to visit. And I could easily sum up the French by the experiences I got from the Parisians (even the French know what I mean by that), but that wouldn't really be fair.<br /><br />I had the same attitude you do now until I actually experienced what other cultures are about. It humbles man. Quickly!!<br /><br /><br />Until you traveled in another man's shoes....<br /><br /><br />Dwayne <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Dwayne,<br /><br />I obviously started a political firestorm here...<br /><br />Anyhow, I really don't think that living in Europe would change my views and convictions, but it would be fun. Northern Italy and Southern Austria are great!<br /><br />Mea culpa to those who disagree with me... <br />Let's get to Erg'n! <br /><br />Craig <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Then again, perhaps some of the people who despise the USA would have different opinions if they ltried living in the USA for a while.

[old] dadams

General

Post by [old] dadams » February 10th, 2005, 1:48 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-slo_boat+Feb 10 2005, 11:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(slo_boat @ Feb 10 2005, 11:01 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Then again, perhaps some of the people who despise the USA would have different opinions if they ltried living in the USA for a while. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That very well may be true. However, I was speaking of the people around the world that have been directly effected by Americans and their lack of respect for other people's cultures (i.e. Americans living abroad that impose their way of life on others).

[old] Godfried

General

Post by [old] Godfried » February 10th, 2005, 1:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Feb 10 2005, 07:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Feb 10 2005, 07:48 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->. .  by Americans and their lack of respect for other people's cultures (i.e. Americans living abroad that impose their way of life on others).<br /> </td></tr></table><br />The Americans are not alone in this - people from all countries like to do this.

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » February 10th, 2005, 5:35 pm

I'm glad to see that H*ll no longer exists.<br /><br />This certainly frees up a lot of the things I am planning to do.