Rowing Camps

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » October 16th, 2004, 3:26 pm

Hey can I get any suggestions for highschool rowing camps?/<br><br>One I've looked into is the navy rowing camp for girls<br>Anyone framiliar with it? I<br><br>I'm 15 so any advice I'd appriciate.<br><br>~Sara<br><br>"Life's short... row hard"<br>"Real athletes row, the rest just play games."<br>"Shut up and row"

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » October 21st, 2004, 11:21 pm

suggestions?<br>yes no mabe so???<br><br>

[old] Canoeist

General

Post by [old] Canoeist » October 22nd, 2004, 8:50 am

I don't know about rowing camps specific to high school, but I have heard good comments about the rowing camp in Craftsbury, VT. I intend to attend the Craftsbury camp next year with my family. My children will be 9 and 11 years old. The camp is close to Concept, so you can take a tour of the erg factory while there.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Paul Flack

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » October 26th, 2004, 8:11 pm

Yep, I know that one, it's around a thousand dollars... it's advertised at my boat club so I'm looking for something cheaper but still good. I'v also heard a lot of good comments about the camp but it's a little out of my price range.<br><br>Has anyone heard anything about the Navy rowing camp or UT rowing camp (university of Tennessee)??<br><br>Thanks<br><br>~Sara

[old] gman953

General

Post by [old] gman953 » October 27th, 2004, 5:38 pm

I went to the WPI camp this summer and it was pritty fun, but alot of my friends went to the harvard camp (where i really wanted to go but it was full) and they loved it. And they also went to the northeastern camp in maine which said was very good 2

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » October 27th, 2004, 6:53 pm

Hi<br>I run rowing camps here in Newport Beach. I know it is a flight across the US but, the weather and all is worth it it for a few days.<br>You can read more on www.gorow.com or even under camps when you visit www.row2k.com<br>Xeno<br>www.gorow.com

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » October 27th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Cool I'll look up those camps but what's WPI stand for? And also were there college rowers or coaches to talk to and ask questons, and was it just sweeps or both sweeps and sculling?<br><br>Xeno, I've heard good things about you from my coach, Albin Moser at Naragansett Boat Club... you rowed there? Anyway I'm going to look up the website now.<br><br>thaks<br><br>~Sara<br><br><br>"Life's short... row hard"

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » October 28th, 2004, 12:28 pm

WOW, I really enjoyed Albin alot.<br>Say hello to the group on the Seekonk river.<br>I can't wait until I can go and visit RI with the entire family. <br>I did a lot of growing up at Brown.<br>XENO

[old] gman953

General

Post by [old] gman953 » October 29th, 2004, 9:36 pm

WPI stands for wocester poly tech institue, they row on lake quinsigue where I currently row. It was alot of fun but I think there are some better camps out there especially for girls. The WPI girls program did not seem as good but they did get more personal time with the coaches because there was only 1 boat of girls. I plan on goin to harvard this summer.

[old] gorow9

General

Post by [old] gorow9 » October 31st, 2004, 8:39 pm

Xeno,<br><br>Nice!! Albin says "he's quite a character" Albin's a great coach and I've learned a lot from him. Anyway that's kinda cool... last week was the end for winter but hopefully I'll be able to join an erging program for winter.<br><br>Anyway enough rambling<br><br>~Sara