Hi Al A Newcommer Here Saying Hi

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] wrez

General

Post by [old] wrez » October 26th, 2004, 1:13 pm

Hi im new to this rowing thing i started cuzz i have a bad knee and found it too be very nice training.<br><br>So i started about 3 months ago doing some testing then i did about 7 mins and 20 secs on 2k<br><br>now 3 months later and about 10kg lighter i got a pb at 6 mins and 43 secs on 2k.<br><br>Im from sweden and i started training on my own found it to be really fun way of getting fit.<br><br>oh um im 193 cm tal and weigh 91 kgs<br><br>anyone got any input on my post please comment

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » October 26th, 2004, 1:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-wrez+Oct 26 2004, 05:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (wrez @ Oct 26 2004, 05:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> oh um im 193 cm tal and weigh 91 kgs<br><br>anyone got any input on my post please comment <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> Nice Genes! You may want to continue the lark and try the on water counterpart. You have made outstanding progress!<br><br>- Paul Smith

[old] wrez

General

Post by [old] wrez » October 26th, 2004, 1:27 pm

well i would if i had the guts... i dont really have an idea if what im doing is good or bad <br><br>8k like 5-6 times a week and then like 1-2 times a month i try out 2k too see i there has been any progres<br><br>so far everytime i have tested my self ive done better everytime so i guess i must be doing somthing right <br><br>um i was wondering what kind of muscular training is good too improve ur rowing ?<br><br>

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » October 26th, 2004, 11:22 pm

Hi wrez<br>Welcome.<br>What other sport have you done before rowing indoors.<br>Do you use the slide? <br>Your times are really good.<br>Xeno<br>www.gorow.com

[old] wrez

General

Post by [old] wrez » October 27th, 2004, 5:30 am

i was playing tennis few years back and developed a bad shoulder and an busted my knee badly... after that i started to gain extremely much in weight at one point 142 kilos. So i started riding long distance bike and lost about 40 kgs in about 12-14 months... but thats mostly in the summers and now in the winter i needed somthing else to keep me in shape so i started rowing. And since i started with rowing ive lost like 10-12 kgs in 3 months.<br><br>now what i like about this indoor rowing thing u push urself soo much cuzz u can see the time ur goin what pace u have and that sort of thing... i guess im a stats freak and when i see im doing good i wanna do even better <br><br>Thanks xeno wow um makes me feel even better when u say it seeing what u are doing like marathons and stuff. And i use that concept 2 i think its called yeah its slide machine...<br><br>

[old] wrez

General

Post by [old] wrez » October 27th, 2004, 6:13 am

i forgott to mention im 19 years of age il be 20 in january