Dwayne Posted As Missing In Action

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] SlugButt

Competitions

Post by [old] SlugButt » March 10th, 2006, 11:56 am

I'm loving this thread! The gradual way that it has leaked into the surreal is utterly wonderful. Although I'm taking the liberty of offering excerpts that are completely (completely!) out of context, here are my nominations for the most surreal comments so far:<br /><br /><br />"Chad does not appear to have ever met Dwayne in person, and neither have I. Even if we had, how are we to know if it is the real Dwayne or some impostor? For that matter, how do we really know that Dwayne really exists? (The philosophically inclined can chime in with a learned discussion of rationalism and empiricism now. We can have nice off-topic romp through the works of Descarte, Spinoza, Leibniz, Locke, Berkely, and Hume.)"<br /><br />"time has nothing to do with his bad foot"<br /><br />"post bears all the earmarks of trolling"<br /><br /><br />Brilliant! I'd like to suggest that as a community we follow up on these points. Perhaps we could pursue discussions such as, <br />1."If Dwayne fell in the woods and there was no one there to hear him . . ." (I, for one, would hope that someone would immediately demand that Dwayne fall in public on national forest land with rangers present in uniform.)<br />2. Is the nature of Time affected by foot care? What happens if you add arch supports to the theory of relativity?<br />3. Who has been posting bears and where do they put the stamps and return address?<br /><br />Just some thoughts.<br /><br />David<br /><br />(P.S. I realize that it can be difficult to discern intent from a written post, and just in case I wanted to mention that I don't mean to mock anyone. Just thought a little silliness might be a good thing!)<br /><br />

[old] PaulS

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulS » March 10th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Nice questions Slugbutt, perhaps we should pursue them all at the same time:<br /><br />If Dwayne travelled back in time to siht on a fallen bear in the woods, when would the bear notice it, and would the injured foot make Dwayne's temporal return difficult, or impossible?<br /><br />Light enough?

[old] SlugButt

Competitions

Post by [old] SlugButt » March 10th, 2006, 1:19 pm

<br />Wow! Very nice, Paul! My head is still spinning.

[old] DIESEL

Competitions

Post by [old] DIESEL » March 10th, 2006, 1:57 pm

I had an idea: <br /><br />Dwayne had mentioned meeting Xeno and Mike Teti in person at various times and having conversations with them. Anyone on the board have access to Mr. Teti - maybe get him to vouch for Dwayne? <br /><br />Xeno, maybe you'd vouch / not vouch for Dwayne? <br /><br />Well, if Dwayne and Chad aren't going to step up to put an end to this stupidity, maybe they will. <br /><br />just a thought, <br />D

[old] whp4

Competitions

Post by [old] whp4 » March 10th, 2006, 2:31 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58860:date=Mar 9 2006, 12:13 PM:name=Wiecher)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Wiecher @ Mar 9 2006, 12:13 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>my question is, why would he want to come back? all you guys treating him like dirt all because he has good times on a rowing machine, wow.<br /><br />Sorry Ben Rae, he did not proof his good times, he says he did row them........I could tell you I row 6:44, I even could proof that with a PM 3 card but still it is not the truth.......No, for a proof/ evidence I have to show it somewhere in a race. I can not understand why this is so difficult to understand, it is the only honest way.....everyone can write a story easy but once you have to show an evidence and that didn't Dwayne do.<br /><br />As a sportsman I like to race on the Concept rower, I like to train on it, but now I do not like the RANKINGS anymore. It just makes no fun anymore. I think for C2 it would be very easy to make sure that for example the first 10-25 rowers are real times...check it.....evryone has to show it in a race or at a C2 selling point?<br /><br />A real disappointed rower.<br />Ciao<br />Wiecher<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I must say I don't understand this obsession with Dwayne proving his times. I look at (for example) the 10k rankings for the last few years, and I see a bunch of people who post times in the same ballpark as Dwayne who seem to have no real proof of their abilities either, or at least not to the standards apparently demanded of Dwayne. For example: 35 year old HWT Doug Rourke of Canada has submitted a 10k time of 33:49.6 this season, good for the #2 ranking on the board. I don't see any traces of him submitting comparable 2k times in the database from 2002-2006, much less 2k times done at officially sanctioned races. Or let's take an example closer to home for you (I'm guessing you are Wiecher Dalsen) - have you demanded proof from Sjoerd Brouwer of his 16:38.2 5k this season, which appears to be the fastest 5k submitted by a Dutch rower from 2002-2006? That's about 6:40 for a 2k if we assume he can't go any faster, but searching the rankings, I don't see any 2k results (much less verified ones) by anyone of that name from 2002-2006. <br /><br />This is NOT intended to cast any doubt on either Doug or Sjoerd's times, they just happened to be convenient examples.<br /><br />More important than this silly argument over Dwayne's times - why aren't you rowing on the Dutch RowPro team!?! :D <br /><br />Bill<br /><br />

[old] tennstrike

Competitions

Post by [old] tennstrike » March 10th, 2006, 4:54 pm

I agree with SlugButt. I'm loving this thread. I'm only on page 8 or so and I've laughed hard several times. Who knew so many people had so little to do with their time? So far, the part I like the best was the early exchange of pictures.<br /><br />As for the rankings, since I'm not worried about my time being in the 97th or 98th percentile, I really appreciate them. It provides an overall perspective and incentive which is what Concept2 is all about . . . getting people to have fun using the product while spreading the word that this is a great (and fun - just read this thread) way to get exercise.

[old] tomhz

Competitions

Post by [old] tomhz » March 10th, 2006, 5:05 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58948:date=Mar 10 2006, 07:31 PM:name=whp4)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Mar 10 2006, 07:31 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />I must say I don't understand this obsession with Dwayne proving his times. I look at (for example) the 10k rankings for the last few years, and I see a bunch of people who post times in the same ballpark as Dwayne who seem to have no real proof of their abilities either, or at least not to the standards apparently demanded of Dwayne. For example: 35 year old HWT Doug Rourke of Canada has submitted a 10k time of 33:49.6 this season, good for the #2 ranking on the board. I don't see any traces of him submitting comparable 2k times in the database from 2002-2006, much less 2k times done at officially sanctioned races. Or let's take an example closer to home for you (I'm guessing you are Wiecher Dalsen) - have you demanded proof from Sjoerd Brouwer of his 16:38.2 5k this season, which appears to be the fastest 5k submitted by a Dutch rower from 2002-2006? That's about 6:40 for a 2k if we assume he can't go any faster, but searching the rankings, I don't see any 2k results (much less verified ones) by anyone of that name from 2002-2006. <br /><br />This is NOT intended to cast any doubt on either Doug or Sjoerd's times, they just happened to be convenient examples.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />I was hoping for Bill to start participating in this discussion. :D It sure needs to lighten up a little. <br /> <br />one side note: 16:38 for 5K is very good, but 5:43 for 2K is something else. <br />another side note: Sjoerd is an on-water rower for the "Asser Roeiclub". His 5K is a verified ergometer race. See <a href="http://www.asserroeiclub.nl/nieuws/Uits ... p_2006.xls" target="_blank">Assen race results</a>.<br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=58948:date=Mar 10 2006, 07:31 PM:name=whp4)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Mar 10 2006, 07:31 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>More important than this silly argument over Dwayne's times - why aren't you rowing on the Dutch RowPro team!?! :D <br /><br />Bill<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Very true! :roll: :roll: <br /><br /><br />Tom<br />

[old] whp4

Competitions

Post by [old] whp4 » March 10th, 2006, 5:57 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58957:date=Mar 10 2006, 01:05 PM:name=tomhz)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(tomhz @ Mar 10 2006, 01:05 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>another side note: Sjoerd is an on-water rower for the "Asser Roeiclub". His 5K is a verified ergometer race. See <a href="http://www.asserroeiclub.nl/nieuws/Uits ... p_2006.xls" target="_blank">Assen race results</a>.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hmm, I know a bunch of Dutch rowers, all very fine athletes, and yet not a single one of them appears in the results. You don't expect me to take a random list of results without such corroboration as proof, do you? I haven't even seen a message on the Netherlands C2 forum referring to this competition! I'm still skeptical, and think Sjoerd needs to drop everything and fly to California to prove to my satisfaction that he rowed that piece, not Dwayne :roll: <br /><br />Bill<br />

[old] hjs

Competitions

Post by [old] hjs » March 11th, 2006, 11:16 am

<!--quoteo(post=58964:date=Mar 10 2006, 10:57 PM:name=whp4)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Mar 10 2006, 10:57 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=58957:date=Mar 10 2006, 01:05 PM:name=tomhz)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(tomhz @ Mar 10 2006, 01:05 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>another side note: Sjoerd is an on-water rower for the "Asser Roeiclub". His 5K is a verified ergometer race. See <a href="http://www.asserroeiclub.nl/nieuws/Uits ... p_2006.xls" target="_blank">Assen race results</a>.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hmm, I know a bunch of Dutch rowers, all very fine athletes, and yet not a single one of them appears in the results. You don't expect me to take a random list of results without such corroboration as proof, do you? I haven't even seen a message on the Netherlands C2 forum referring to this competition! I'm still skeptical, and think Sjoerd needs to drop everything and fly to California to prove to my satisfaction that he rowed that piece, not Dwayne :roll: <br /><br />Bill<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />And again people are trying to ridicule other people. What you think is fine but don,t expect other people to think the same. If you don,t care, that's ok if someone else doesn't that's also fine. <br />Some people like to watch football on tv all day, others like to fish all day or read the papers all day, or get 10 kids or pray all day. :D :D :D :D . point is we are all differant. <br /><br />About the dutch pro's . Can someone give me one reason why someone should be a dutch pro member. :D :P <br /><br />And about the rankings. A lot of races are not ranked so much is missing. And I am sure there are many more times in the rankings which are fake. Mister A is the most prominent one.<br />

[old] Thomas

Competitions

Post by [old] Thomas » March 11th, 2006, 8:06 pm

That brings up an interesting point: Perhaps there should be two rankings, one of which cannot be manipulated, hence; a ranking combining both race participants and individual submissions and another ranking for only race particpants.<br /><br />The first part already exists. The second part does not. Granted, someone can adjust the SOURCE display to show only race results, but it would not be the same as having something more concrete.

[old] Wiecher

Competitions

Post by [old] Wiecher » March 12th, 2006, 3:10 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58861:date=Mar 9 2006, 09:25 PM:name=Ben Rea)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ben Rea @ Mar 9 2006, 09:25 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=58860:date=Mar 9 2006, 03:13 PM:name=Wiecher)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Wiecher @ Mar 9 2006, 03:13 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />As a sportsman I...<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /><br />All of this arguing is unsportsman like. just let the man go on with his life, its a rowing website!!!! not the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />why do you have to have proof? you gunna die or something without it? o poor little boy. someday your going to have to admit to your self that thereare people out there with bettertimes than you,sorry, its a little something called reality.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I know my English is bad, but did I say anything about the end of the wold? And proof?, when there is a worldranking that takes itself serious, then is a proof a normal thing, except on this ranking. And of couse I know there are lots of rowers who are much faster then I....that is not to difficult but almost everyone who is faster the me did show at least simular results somewhere where evryone could see.<br />You did say something about reality....that is what I want.<br />Another thing: The way you do put your opinion is not very like a gentleman......stuff like poor little boy.....I can tell you I am not poor (car, house, no debets whatever..., not little 1,85 Meter and I am 41....so no boy.....I know you will come back to me with some more....let say stuff.....but please do not say stupid things and come with some facts....

[old] Wiecher

Competitions

Post by [old] Wiecher » March 12th, 2006, 3:30 pm

<!--quoteo(post=58948:date=Mar 10 2006, 07:31 PM:name=whp4)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(whp4 @ Mar 10 2006, 07:31 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=58860:date=Mar 9 2006, 12:13 PM:name=Wiecher)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Wiecher @ Mar 9 2006, 12:13 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>my question is, why would he want to come back? all you guys treating him like dirt all because he has good times on a rowing machine, wow.<br /><br />Sorry Ben Rae, he did not proof his good times, he says he did row them........I could tell you I row 6:44, I even could proof that with a PM 3 card but still it is not the truth.......No, for a proof/ evidence I have to show it somewhere in a race. I can not understand why this is so difficult to understand, it is the only honest way.....everyone can write a story easy but once you have to show an evidence and that didn't Dwayne do.<br /><br />As a sportsman I like to race on the Concept rower, I like to train on it, but now I do not like the RANKINGS anymore. It just makes no fun anymore. I think for C2 it would be very easy to make sure that for example the first 10-25 rowers are real times...check it.....evryone has to show it in a race or at a C2 selling point?<br /><br />A real disappointed rower.<br />Ciao<br />Wiecher<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I must say I don't understand this obsession with Dwayne proving his times. I look at (for example) the 10k rankings for the last few years, and I see a bunch of people who post times in the same ballpark as Dwayne who seem to have no real proof of their abilities either, or at least not to the standards apparently demanded of Dwayne. For example: 35 year old HWT Doug Rourke of Canada has submitted a 10k time of 33:49.6 this season, good for the #2 ranking on the board. I don't see any traces of him submitting comparable 2k times in the database from 2002-2006, much less 2k times done at officially sanctioned races. Or let's take an example closer to home for you (I'm guessing you are Wiecher Dalsen) - have you demanded proof from Sjoerd Brouwer of his 16:38.2 5k this season, which appears to be the fastest 5k submitted by a Dutch rower from 2002-2006? That's about 6:40 for a 2k if we assume he can't go any faster, but searching the rankings, I don't see any 2k results (much less verified ones) by anyone of that name from 2002-2006. <br /><br />This is NOT intended to cast any doubt on either Doug or Sjoerd's times, they just happened to be convenient examples.<br /><br />More important than this silly argument over Dwayne's times - why aren't you rowing on the Dutch RowPro team!?! :D <br /><br />Bill<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hello Bill,<br /><br />About Sjoerds time, if you want I can make a telefoncall with the rowingclub......then we are sure he did row that 5 km time......I did not see that until now, because I never look to that results....(because of my own poor results?, ha, ha)<br /><br />And about the Dutch RowPro team, first I always row outside on the indoor rower....when it rains under the car poort (sorry I do not know the english name for it) so I would have to buy me a lap top.....<br />Second: I like to row my own stuff and that is more track and field training with some intervalls. I did do that as a middle distance runner and now on my erg. The longer training I row at the water, when the water is calm and not froozen like now. :-((<br /><br />By the way thanks for that RACE result.......I now saw Sjoerd has also a race result from his club so it is easy to check.....by the way that is a very good result he did row.<br /><br />Ciao<br />Wiecher Dalsem yes you are right.<br />

[old] Chad Williams

Competitions

Post by [old] Chad Williams » March 13th, 2006, 9:35 am

<!--quoteo(post=58902:date=Mar 10 2006, 06:25 AM:name=Ben Rea)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ben Rea @ Mar 10 2006, 06:25 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=58898:date=Mar 10 2006, 04:10 AM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Mar 10 2006, 04:10 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Yet again inconsistencies have arisen with regards to Dwayne’s Rugby test row, I will not point it out to you all, you can find it for yourselves.<br /><br />I wonder if people who read this forum actually take on board any of the information that Dwayne puts down, obviously not as no one as picked it up.<br /><br />I will give you a clue as where to look, look in the Taff attack thread.<br /><br />This has nothing to do with his bad foot, I am aware of this issue.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />his time has nothing to do with his bad foot?? but i thought.....<br /><br /><br /><b>"10:09.3 on my first official Rugby Test. Needed to go with one strap on this one (tore open my heel yesterday in the boat), so I know I can go faster. Just need time for the foot to get better."</b><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />It was the following-<br /><br />Posted on: Feb 20 2006, 06:32 PM<br /><!--quoteo--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Ok...took my first Rugby Test. Three words...O MY GOD!! Finish time of 10:21.4<br /><br />I thought if I went out relatively slow (for me) that this would be a piece of cake. Not so. Went out WAY to fast, and ate it on the last 750. This will be a good one for our CTC.<br /><br />FYI - I was head toward a sub-10 on this until that last 750. <br /><br />Dwayne </td></tr></table><br /><br />So, Dwayne struggled to pull a 10.21.4 yet can pull 10.09.3 with only one foot strapped in just a few weeks later.<br />Something makes me feel he will manage to beat me by the end of the challenge. We would have gone from a “O MY GOD!! Pulling 10.21.4 and close to or even bettering my 9.34.<br /><br />What pace must he have rowed that last 750m at to come in with that sort of time? But then we all know how Dwayne paces his rows, 1st 500m (1.25) of a 2K at 26spm<br /><br />Nothing strange about any of the above?? :wink: <br />

[old] hjs

Competitions

Post by [old] hjs » March 13th, 2006, 9:54 am

<!--quoteo(post=59189:date=Mar 13 2006, 02:35 PM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Mar 13 2006, 02:35 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />So, Dwayne struggled to pull a 10.21.4 yet can pull 10.09.3 with only one foot strapped in just a few weeks later.<br />Something makes me feel he will manage to beat me by the end of the challenge. We would have gone from a “O MY GOD!! Pulling 10.21.4 and close to or even bettering my 9.34.<br /><br />What pace must he have rowed that last 750m at to come in with that sort of time? But then we all know how Dwayne paces his rows, 1st 500m (1.25) of a 2K at 26spm<br /><br />Nothing strange about any of the above?? :wink:<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Total distance 3250 last 750 is 23 %. He was rowing sub 10. I round it up at 10 flat thats is a 132.3 split.<br />He ended in 10.21.4 a 1.35.6 split. Losing 3.3 on the average. :cry: This being 23 % off the total his last 750 went in 1.46.6 split. Amazingly bad :D <br />

[old] mumbles

Competitions

Post by [old] mumbles » March 13th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Though this thread had closed down aaaaaagggeeeeeeeesssssss ago?<br /><br />owen