Dwayne's Race Fund.

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 11:00 am

Well Chad,<br /><br />I tried this idea of a fund ---- to further the cause of greater erging ---- already.<br />Nobody wanted to give anything.<br />Not 10 dollars, not 5 euros, not one cent.<br /><br />Why is that?<br />Are rowers not well off, are they in dire straits?<br /><br />Hardly.<br /><br />They own expensive boats, boathouses, ergs, HR monitors, CBreezes and slides.<br />They live in expensive places like Los Angeles, New York, London, Melbourne, Australia, have multiple houses, forrested cabins, are land owners on the water front...<br /><br />Yet not even a single cent for the cause of greater erging!<br /><br />Though when John Rupp indicated that he was not willing to acquire a slide one as provided him from public charity in a matter of hours.<br /><br />A slide for John Rupp is important --- the cause of greater erging is not?<br /><br />It is clear that there is something deeper going on here.<br /><br />

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 11:05 am

<!--quoteo(post=57833:date=Mar 1 2006, 09:33 AM:name=hjs)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Mar 1 2006, 09:33 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>What is your point on this view? And if anybody else has an idea. Please come forward. maybe we can find a way to get this discusion moving.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />I really couldn't care less, but then again, I don't really care about too much normally. What I can control, I do. What I can't, I don't worry about (too much). All I care about, passionately, is my family, my friends, everyone's health, being the best person I can be, and my faith. I don't care if people like me, or respect me, as long as I'm a kind, decent human being by my friends' and family's standards. Do I live up to this standard all the time? No, just take a look here. I'm human.<br /><br />It is impossible for me to even comprehend how this topic could be of interest to anyone for what it was about ... Dwayne's times -- real or a lie?<br /><br />I was interested because I can't stand people who accuse others that perform better than they do of cheating or lying just because they don't "feel" or "believe" the performance was valid. My interest has nothing to do with the topic, but rather the way it was brought up.<br /><br />I truly believe everyone (in the world) would be much happier if they started looking into themselves for feed back and adulation, rather than needing someone else to "ratify" that they are fast, or strong, or smart, or pretty, or handsome, or whatever. Stop "keeping up with the Joneses" and be happy with oneself.<br /><br />I'm passionate about defending people who I perceive have done no wrong, or who have been wronged. Even if Dwayne were to be proved a cheat, it was still wrong for Chad to accuse him the way he did, with no evidence ... just the belief or feeling that it existed. He should have kept his big mouth shut until he had uncontestible proof.<br /><br />That's what I care about. The ranking system? They could do away with it and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep. This really is a silly topic.<br /><br />Just MHO.

[old] hjs

Competitions

Post by [old] hjs » March 1st, 2006, 11:11 am

<!--quoteo(post=57842:date=Mar 1 2006, 04:05 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 04:05 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57833:date=Mar 1 2006, 09:33 AM:name=hjs)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Mar 1 2006, 09:33 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>What is your point on this view? And if anybody else has an idea. Please come forward. maybe we can find a way to get this discusion moving.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />I really couldn't care less, but then again, I don't really care about too much normally. What I can control, I do. What I can't, I don't worry about (too much). All I care about, passionately, is my family, my friends, everyone's health, being the best person I can be, and my faith. I don't care if people like me, or respect me, as long as I'm a kind, decent human being by my friends' and family's standards. Do I live up to this standard all the time? No, just take a look here. I'm human.<br /><br />It is impossible for me to even comprehend how this topic could be of interest to anyone for what it was about ... Dwayne's times -- real or a lie?<br /><br />I was interested because I can't stand people who accuse others that perform better than they do of cheating or lying just because they don't "feel" or "believe" the performance was valid. My interest has nothing to do with the topic, but rather the way it was brought up.<br /><br />I truly believe everyone (in the world) would be much happier if they started looking into themselves for feed back and adulation, rather than needing someone else to "ratify" that they are fast, or strong, or smart, or pretty, or handsome, or whatever. Stop "keeping up with the Joneses" and be happy with oneself.<br /><br />I'm passionate about defending people who I perceive have done no wrong, or who have been wronged. Even if Dwayne were to be proved a cheat, it was still wrong for Chad to accuse him the way he did, with no evidence ... just the belief or feeling that it existed. He should have kept his big mouth shut until he had uncontestible proof.<br /><br />That's what I care about. The ranking system? They could do away with it and I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep. This really is a silly topic.<br /><br />Just MHO.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /> :D :D :D You don,t care :D and yet you are te one who post (almost) the most in this subject. hahahahahahahaha <br /><br />But I forget you are also member off the fanclub. <br />

[old] whp4

Competitions

Post by [old] whp4 » March 1st, 2006, 11:15 am

<!--quoteo(post=57825:date=Mar 1 2006, 06:16 AM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Mar 1 2006, 06:16 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>this is a serious thread on a serious issue </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm sorry, I must have missed the post where the serious issue was identified. All I remember is a bunch of infantile ranting about how Dwayne hasn't proven his ranking results to your satisfaction. I just helped someone set up a logbook account, and don't remember anywhere having to agree to submit proof on demand of anything. <br /><br />Considering all the lucrative cash prizes and so on that Dwayne and others at the top of the rankings are collecting, strict verification is something we desperately need, and am considering suggesting to Digital Rowing that they add support to RowPro for various webcams to capture a visual record of every stroke which should eliminate any reasonable doubt about whether or not a given result was produced by one person or a team.<br /><br />Here's a suggestion: instead of continuing your fine imitation of a little kid who hasn't had his nap, put your considerable energy into improving your own rowing, submit some verified pieces or win some races, and maybe you'll end up with your own fan club. <br /><br />Sometimes I think the content of this forum would be much improved if before each posting, one had to read and acknowledge a disclaimer that "I agree that posting on this forum may make me look like an idiot!" Maybe it should be tied to the number of postings made in the last 72 hours or so - post more than a few times, you've got to slowly type in "I will not act like a moron" 100 times before you can submit your post. Or, after a few posts a week, you've got to submit a fresh PM3 verification code for a 10k for each post. Dwayne could end up with some serious competition for the top of the meters board :D <br />

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 11:15 am

<!--quoteo(post=57842:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:05 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 10:05 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>...my faith... decent human being ... truly believe ... defending people ...been wronged...that's what I care about. </td></tr></table><br /><br />This thread is about <b>giving</b>!<br />Are you going to give something, Mark, other than pious rants?

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 11:22 am

<!--quoteo(post=57842:date=Mar 1 2006, 04:05 PM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 04:05 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I was interested because I can't stand people who accuse others that perform better than they do of cheating or lying just because they don't "feel" or "believe" the performance was valid. My interest has nothing to do with the topic, but rather the way it was brought up.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />OK, please let me try this again ... (he says with a big, deep, sigh ...) ... it had nothing to do with the <b>subject </b> of the matter, but the <b>form </b> of Chad's insinuations and accusations ... that I do care aout very much, as you can see (and count) ...<br /><br />... whoops ... getting late ... gotta go erg ...<br /><br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=57847:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:15 AM:name=H_2O)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Mar 1 2006, 10:15 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57842:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:05 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 10:05 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>...my faith... decent human being ... truly believe ... defending people ...been wronged...that's what I care about. </td></tr></table><br /><br />This thread is about <b>giving</b>!<br />Are you going to give something, Mark, other than pious rants?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow, thanks for not being a bit judgemental there H2O. You da man!<br /><br />OK, I'll gladly give, but it will be the sleeves out of my vest, because I believe Dwayne has likely crossed all of those here that have a burr under their saddle about him off his mental list of sane human beings.<br /><br />But, I'll match, dollar for dollar, what everyone else contributes, up to $2,000.<br /><br />$4,000 ought to get Dwayne a nice flight (economy) and a very nice hotel room for the duration.<br /><br />Let's see what happens.<br /><br />

[old] Ericr

Competitions

Post by [old] Ericr » March 1st, 2006, 11:27 am

About giving, I'm ready to donate € 100,- if Dwaynes rows a 2K under 6 minutes filmed on camera. € 100,- is about $ 120,-

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 11:27 am

<!--quoteo(post=57848:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:22 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 10:22 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />But, I'll match, dollar for dollar, what everyone else contributes, up to $2,000.<br /><br />$4,000 ought to get Dwayne a nice flight (economy) and a very nice hotel room for the duration.<br /><br />Let's see what happens.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow, I am floored and pledge 50 USD at once.<br />Chad, open an account and let us have the details for wire transfer!<br />

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 11:30 am

<!--quoteo(post=57832:date=Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I don’t know of Evesham, I am not available for that race if it is July 8th. My 1st race will be BiRC and or EiRC, you can take as many pictures as you like of me at that event.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />See:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.concept2.co.uk/racing/calendar_uk.php?id=180" target="_blank">http://www.concept2.co.uk/racing/calend ... 180</a><br /><br />Seriously Chad, you should try to make it ... it's in your backyard, and the more the merrier.<br /><br /><!--quoteo(post=57851:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:27 AM:name=H_2O)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Mar 1 2006, 10:27 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57848:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:22 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 10:22 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />But, I'll match, dollar for dollar, what everyone else contributes, up to $2,000.<br /><br />$4,000 ought to get Dwayne a nice flight (economy) and a very nice hotel room for the duration.<br /><br />Let's see what happens.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow, I am floored and pledge 50 USD at once.<br />Chad, open an account and let us have the details for wire transfer!<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Forget that idea ... I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid. We need to find a reputable escrow agent (like Niall or someone we all can trust) to manage the funds. I'm not interested in getting hood winked. I was born at night, but not last night.

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 11:33 am

<!--quoteo(post=57852:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:30 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 10:30 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />Forget that idea ... I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid. We need to find a reputable escrow agent (like Niall or someone we all can trust) to manage the funds. I was born at night, but not last night.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />OK, let's get this ball rolling.<br />NavHazard, you are out there --- How do you pledge?

[old] PaulS

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulS » March 1st, 2006, 11:53 am

<!--quoteo(post=57848:date=Mar 1 2006, 07:22 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 07:22 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />But, I'll match, dollar for dollar, what everyone else contributes, up to $2,000.<br /><br />$4,000 ought to get Dwayne a nice flight (economy) and a very nice hotel room for the duration.<br /><br />Let's see what happens.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />This is just too juicy to stay out of. I'm in for $50. <b>Unless Dwayne waves us off</b> this mission and decides that he'll go ahead and proceed on his own accord. There is no point in forcing an event on someone who does really not want to go. We could always transfer this to foot a ticket for Andreas to AZ, the guys would get along fine and any verification done by Andreas would surely be objective. 8) <br /><br />BTW - The Slide thing for Rupp was purely for entertainment purposes, unfortunately it hasn't been all I had hoped it would be. :roll:

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » March 1st, 2006, 11:56 am

[quote name='mpukita' date='Mar 1 2006, 11:30 PM' post='57852']<br /><br />Mark,<br />If you are going to do this and make it about Dwayne, make it a positive story about him.<br /><br />There are plenty of really worthwhile charitable causes out there.<br /><br />Let Dwayne be the person to nominate a decent cause that is close to his heart.<br /><br />It may be a cancer care unit for kids or something related to someone who has experienced real suffering or hardship known to some forum members.<br /><br />Why not have it in Dwayne's home town or nearest city.<br /><br />Give Dwayne a reason to race that is not just about Dwayne past exploits.<br /><br />Let Dwayne set his preferred distance..it might be a 5k or 6k even.<br /><br />We all pledge (and C2 hopefully)a certain amount to the cause if he breaks a record a lesser amount if he rows a time within 5% of the record.<br /><br />And if we can get some top girls to support this we can provide the same incentive. A record time from them means a specified donation.<br /><br />My thoughts.<br /><br />Chris<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 12:02 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57857:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:56 AM:name=cbrock)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Mar 1 2006, 10:56 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />We all pledge (and C2 hopefully)a certain amount to the cause if he breaks a record a lesser amount if he rows a time within 5% of the record.<br /><br />Chris<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But indeed, what <b>do</b> you pledge?<br />

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » March 1st, 2006, 12:05 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57861:date=Mar 2 2006, 12:02 AM:name=H_2O)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Mar 2 2006, 12:02 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57857:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:56 AM:name=cbrock)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Mar 1 2006, 10:56 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />We all pledge (and C2 hopefully)a certain amount to the cause if he breaks a record a lesser amount if he rows a time within 5% of the record.<br /><br />Chris<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But indeed, what <b>do</b> you pledge?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />H20,<br />Whatever Mark pledges and providing he agrees to pay my share if my wife beats his time!

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 12:05 pm

I'm way ahead of you Chris ... for half the dough, I expect half the publicity and advertising and promotion rights ... with Dwayne's approval obviously. I am not going to use one ounce of persuasion with him ... as if I could ... because I don't know him ... have never spoken to him ... and have never met him. If he's game, great. If not, that's great to.