Crash-b's

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] michaelb

Competitions

Post by [old] michaelb » February 10th, 2006, 12:47 am

Having never been, I am started to obsess about the crash-bs. I am not having nightmares yet, but any additional tips or info that veterans can share would be appreciated. I can see some names I recognize, but would be interested to see a list of who is going from here. The deadline to sign up is tomorrow.<br /><br />Ah well, I am going and doing this for fun. What hotel is the party in that night? (I will have the kids with me, and gave up drinking to make lightweight, so I am not really that much fun anyway).

[old] rspenger

Competitions

Post by [old] rspenger » February 10th, 2006, 12:51 am

<!--quoteo(post=55433:date=Feb 9 2006, 09:47 PM:name=michaelb)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Feb 9 2006, 09:47 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Having never been, I am started to obsess about the crash-bs. I am not having nightmares yet, but any additional tips or info that veterans can share would be appreciated. I can see some names I recognize, but would be interested to see a list of who is going from here. The deadline to sign up is tomorrow.<br /><br />Ah well, I am going and doing this for fun. What hotel is the party in that night? (I will have the kids with me, and gave up drinking to make lightweight, so I am not really that much fun anyway).<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The tough part is getting to a blasted airport - a 270 mile drive (one way) isn't what I call a fun trip even if the flight is free.<br /><br />Bob S.

[old] CAROLE MAC

Competitions

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » February 10th, 2006, 3:20 pm

me ..me ...me.... getting excited now.... loads of the usual British suspects going to ... <br /><br /><a href="http://www.concept2.co.uk/wirc/team.php" target="_blank">http://www.concept2.co.uk/wirc/team.php</a><br /><br /><br />and the ladies Amsterdam team may have a surprize for you :twisted: .... weg ...

[old] Afterburner

Competitions

Post by [old] Afterburner » February 10th, 2006, 3:39 pm

I'll be there!<br />Hoping that my club will do really well in the Men's 65-69, Junior Women's, and Lwt Open Women. :) <br />I've wanted to go to this race for years, should be a blast!<br /><br />Heather (Miami Beach Rowing Club)<br />

[old] PaulS

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulS » February 11th, 2006, 9:29 am

Holy Smokes! That's a heck of a bunch on the British Team, where is that party gonna be? :) <br /><br />Afterburner, so you traded in Oregon for Miami? wimp. :roll: <br /><br />I'm sure looking forward to meeting both the old and new faces, please make it a point to stop by the PS Sport Table to say hi, we'll have ErgMonitor set up so that folks can give that a whirl also.<br /><br />- Paul Smith

[old] CAROLE MAC

Competitions

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » February 11th, 2006, 11:47 am

Paul will be cool to meet up with you and other US formurites ... and some of my old mates .. Joan \o/ waves at her .... will also be cool to meet up with some of the legends .... thats if they all turn up ..... puts tongue firmly in cheek ..pmsl .....

[old] Afterburner

Competitions

Post by [old] Afterburner » February 11th, 2006, 3:09 pm

<!--quoteo--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Afterburner, so you traded in Oregon for Miami? wimp. rolleyes.gif </td></tr></table><br />Actually only temporarily. I moved down for grad school and ended up staying for another year enjoying the sunshine, good rowing, and great people at the rowing club.<br />I'm heading back to PDX in April, then maybe (hopefully) on to Denver in August. (If I get the job I want)<br />See you in Boston!<br /><br />Heather

[old] johnnybike

Competitions

Post by [old] johnnybike » February 11th, 2006, 3:29 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55433:date=Feb 9 2006, 11:47 PM:name=michaelb)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(michaelb @ Feb 9 2006, 11:47 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Having never been, I am started to obsess about the crash-bs. I am not having nightmares yet, but any additional tips or info that veterans can share would be appreciated. I can see some names I recognize, but would be interested to see a list of who is going from here. The deadline to sign up is tomorrow.<br /><br />Ah well, I am going and doing this for fun. What hotel is the party in that night? (I will have the kids with me, and gave up drinking to make lightweight, so I am not really that much fun anyway).<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hyatt Regency for the party, which co-incidentally is where we are staying. Are race times out yet. I am hoping I have an afternoon slot as I think there is a road race in Boston at 10:00 which I would like to do. Mr Bayko has kindly sent me the details but I have not checked them out

[old] fergie

Competitions

Post by [old] fergie » February 12th, 2006, 7:19 am

hey.<br />my first year also - coming over from new Zealand, so its gonna be HUGE :D<br /><br />I have a few q's<br />I'm staying at the Hyatt Regency also (arriving on the 22nd). Is there a shuttle service operating from the airport to the hotel? if not, whats the best way to get there (taxi?)<br /><br />and what about on race day, is there a bus or anything going from the hotel?<br />How are you brits all getting there?<br /><br />I'm the only one from NZ coming over (usually a big team comes, but this year the outdoor rowing champs are on, so all teh big guns have to stay for that :() so it would be good to meet up with some of you guys n gals staying at the hyatt b4 the race.<br /><br />Cheers.

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » February 15th, 2006, 7:45 pm

<!--quoteo(post=55490:date=Feb 11 2006, 03:20 AM:name=CAROLE MAC)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(CAROLE MAC @ Feb 11 2006, 03:20 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>me ..me ...me.... getting excited now.... loads of the usual British suspects going to ... <br /><br /><a href="http://www.concept2.co.uk/wirc/team.php" target="_blank">http://www.concept2.co.uk/wirc/team.php</a><br /><br /><br />and the ladies Amsterdam team may have a surprize for you :twisted: .... weg ...<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Carole,<br />Is there a final list anywhere which includes all the US, British and Dutch teams.<br /><br />Is Anna Bailey not competing?<br /><br />Tks,<br />Chris<br /><br /><br />

[old] CAROLE MAC

Competitions

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » February 16th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Chris as far as I am aware Anna is coming but for some reason she isnt listed on our team...will just be an oversight I would imagine as up until the other day I was listed as a man .... <br /><br />regatta central hasnt got all the british entries either must be sorting them out <br /><br />Bill oh great one when we going to have a full list of entries??? creep creep gggg

[old] CAROLE MAC

Competitions

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » February 17th, 2006, 10:12 am

well I thought this thread would be a tad busier given that the comp is a week tomorrow ahggggggg .....

[old] Thomas

Competitions

Post by [old] Thomas » February 17th, 2006, 2:58 pm

I'm going. I have to leave on a day and at a time which is probably too close to the actual race day but this might be to an advantage in light of recent severe weather closing Logan airport this past weekend. I have to wait until the last minute to get airline tickets only because of work issues. If the race was this past weekend, I would have never made it. Boston was basically shut down as well as most of New England and New York. <br /><br />I was hoping today that they would have posted the heat sheets for the race, but they are now posting that it will be after the 18th with entry confirmations.<br /><br />Has the CRASH-B's ever been canceled due to bad weather?<br /><br />

[old] rspenger

Competitions

Post by [old] rspenger » February 17th, 2006, 4:36 pm

<!--quoteo(post=56188:date=Feb 17 2006, 10:58 AM:name=Thomas)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Thomas @ Feb 17 2006, 10:58 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Has the CRASH-B's ever been canceled due to bad weather?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I dunno, but I hear that winter weather is what got them started.

[old] Thomas

Competitions

Post by [old] Thomas » February 17th, 2006, 6:04 pm

<!--quoteo--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quotec-->Has the CRASH-B's ever been canceled due to bad weather? </td></tr></table><br /><br />It appears not. I went to the CRASH-B web site and saw they have had a race every year since 1982. I also saw they started the race to <i>break up the monotony of winter training</i>.<br /><br />Because of last weekend's severe weather shutting everything down to include airports and highways, there is always the potential of competitors not getting to the race venue as well as equipment not arriving on time. And then there is the issue of getting back to where you came from, particularily for those who have to work on Monday.