Us Indoor Rowing Team Selection

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Bayko

Competitions

Post by [old] Bayko » November 19th, 2005, 4:06 am

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Nov 18 2005, 06:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Nov 18 2005, 06:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> apparently I was wrong about being able to get through to you directly.<br /><br />Bub-bye... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /> !!! (Are you new to the forum??? )

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 19th, 2005, 5:45 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You had the WR?!? How about that! Good Show, now someone took it away (which you can look back and find I told you they would, after 6:30 was finally busted.), and it still gets you a cup o coffee at Starbucks (as long as you toss a fiver to them also) </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, my 6:30 at WIRC 2003 was a WR. Yes, my 6:29 in my USIRT "took away" that record and was the first 50s lwt under 6:30. Yes, my 6:28 at BIRC 2003 "took away" that record again, lowering Tardieu's record by almost four seconds.<br /><br />I was just about 53 then. I am just about 55 nøw.<br /><br />And I'm still working at it, Paul. Hard.<br /><br />Sure, Watt, being younger, lowered the 50-54 WR even further. So what?<br /><br />We'll see, but I think I might lower it again come January.<br /><br />Success? <br /><br />Naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.<br /><br />Just luck, genes, fallin' off a wall.<br /><br />Sunday afternoon stroll.<br /><br />No big deal.<br /><br />ranger<br />

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 19th, 2005, 5:48 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->apparently I was wrong about being able to get through to you directly. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Oh, you got through, all right. <br /><br />Sad stuff.<br /><br />Oh well.<br /><br />Erg on.<br /><br />ranger

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 19th, 2005, 5:54 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If the (C2)USIRT was strictly a "family affair" there would be no need to have a USIRDS, they could just go ask the folks at the top of the rankings, who they of course liked, to be on the team. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, indeed. That would be the other fair and honest thing to do. Then speech would match action rather than not. Clearly, C2 has decided _not_ to do this, either.<br /><br />Too bad.<br /><br />One or the other. Shouldn't have it both ways.<br /><br />If it is a fair competition, say so. If it is a "family affair," say so.<br /><br />But don't leave the issue unspecified, imply that it is a fair competition, and then, after the fact, make the selection as though it were a "family affair."<br /><br />BTW, there is no need to the USIRDS. I don't see the point.<br /><br />ranger

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 19th, 2005, 6:31 am

I am rowing nicely now at 14 SPI in my low rate rowing: 1:52 @ 18 spm, 1:50 @ 19 spm, 1:48 @ 20 spm, etc.<br /><br />Good stuff.<br /><br />Technique is _really_ getting solid now. <br /><br />Rhythm and relaxation. Rhythm and relaxation.<br /><br />I am now stretching the distances with this rowing. Marathon pb coming up soon.<br /><br />ranger

[old] PaulS

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulS » November 19th, 2005, 9:49 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Bayko+Nov 19 2005, 12:06 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Bayko @ Nov 19 2005, 12:06 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Nov 18 2005, 06:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Nov 18 2005, 06:27 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> apparently I was wrong about being able to get through to you directly.<br /><br />Bub-bye... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /> !!! (Are you new to the forum??? ) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks Rick. Yeah, I feel like it. <br /><br />RANT<br />What the h***? There must be a freak'in full moon all over the place.<br /><br />Maybe it's just all this whineycrybabycrap, "boo-hoo! you didn't take my hand and lead me down the exact path that I wanted, so I'm going to insult the people who are trying to help."<br /><br />I'm wondering if people are starting to post here just to have something to complain about when/if someone answers them. I don't have time for that kind of BS!<br />/RANT<br /><br />

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 19th, 2005, 11:33 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There must be a freak'in full moon all over the place. </td></tr></table><br /><br />At base, I think that is what a lot of this hoopla has been about. <br /><br />Rowers are earthy, and I am, too, in many ways. You have to be to be a top athlete, especially in individual sports. <br /><br />But in many of my best moments, I am also a "lunatic."<br /><br />Sun and Stars also figure into things, too--big time.<br /><br />Not everything is just earthy.<br /><br />ranger

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » November 19th, 2005, 1:08 pm

I am curious about this.<br /><br />What male lightweight will be added to the team, now that Dennis has asked to be left out of it.<br /><br />How will the selection committee go about making this decision.

[old] FrancoisA

Competitions

Post by [old] FrancoisA » November 19th, 2005, 1:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Nov 19 2005, 10:31 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ranger @ Nov 19 2005, 10:31 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am rowing nicely now at 14 SPI in my low rate rowing: 1:52 @ 18 spm, 1:50 @ 19 spm, 1:48 @ 20 spm, etc. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />That corresponds to a reference pace of 1:33 for the L4 Wolverine Training!<br />Very impressive! Are you able to maintain 1:37 @ 26 spm ?<br />In theory a sub 6:20 2K should be feasible.

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 19th, 2005, 7:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->That corresponds to a reference pace of 1:33 for the L4 Wolverine Training!<br />Very impressive! Are you able to maintain 1:37 @ 26 spm ?<br />In theory a sub 6:20 2K should be feasible.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, exactly. WP L4 for a 1:33 2K. Over the course of this next year, I will try to work with the L4 WP sequences at this 1:33 target.<br /><br />Yes, sub-6:20 might be possible, after I train this stroke up completely. I think that 6:16 is the upper limit of my potential.<br /><br />Then again, the problem is training hard (and smart) enough to get to the limits of your potential!<br /><br />I am working on it.<br /><br />ranger<br /><br />

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 19th, 2005, 7:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Are you able to maintain 1:37 @ 26 spm ? </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, I can do 1:37 @ 26 spm.<br /><br />ranger

[old] FrancoisA

Competitions

Post by [old] FrancoisA » November 19th, 2005, 9:28 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Nov 19 2005, 11:18 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ranger @ Nov 19 2005, 11:18 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Are you able to maintain 1:37 @ 26 spm ? </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yes, I can do 1:37 @ 26 spm.<br /><br />ranger <br /> </td></tr></table><br />The L4 pace @ 26 spm is about the pace I can maintain for a 5K.<br />If that is also the case for you, you should be able to improve your PB on the 5K from 17:10 to about 16:10. That would be well under the 16:47 WR for 50-59 lwt!

[old] george nz

Competitions

Post by [old] george nz » November 20th, 2005, 2:39 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Nov 19 2005, 10:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ranger @ Nov 19 2005, 10:54 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->BTW, there is no need to the USIRDS. I don't see the point.<br /><br />ranger<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But still sporting the avatar - need help removing it ? I am sure there are some kids read the forum can show you how if your not sure ..... or maybe there is another reason you dont want to take it off<br /><br />George

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » November 20th, 2005, 2:50 am

George,<br /><br />I'm not familiar with New Zealand history.<br /><br />Can you tell me what the feather stands for?<br /><br />Thanks.

[old] PaulS

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulS » November 20th, 2005, 11:57 am

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Nov 19 2005, 10:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Nov 19 2005, 10:50 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->George,<br /><br />I'm not familiar with New Zealand history.<br /><br />Can you tell me what the feather stands for?<br /><br />Thanks.    <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />George,<br /><br />Perhaps you could tell us about the other fascinating 'feathered' <i><b>plants</b></i> that occupy the NZ lanscape. I'm told there are no less than 164 species.