Live From The European Indoor Rowing Champs

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] TheHagueDragon

Competitions

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » December 19th, 2004, 11:46 am

<!--QuoteBegin-drkcgoh+Dec 19 2004, 03:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (drkcgoh @ Dec 19 2004, 03:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> The clip is only 9.5 x 7 cm in the center of the screen.<br>KC63 <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> Right-click on the link and save to your desktop. Than run it by double clicking it from your desktop. In my place it gives a bigger screen.

[old] monkey

Competitions

Post by [old] monkey » December 19th, 2004, 7:33 pm

You can't see it on the video, but that whip had a very 'interesting' handle.

[old] BlueLaguna

Competitions

Post by [old] BlueLaguna » December 19th, 2004, 7:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Bayko+Dec 19 2004, 09:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Bayko @ Dec 19 2004, 09:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->One final question then I'll leave the thread to others.  Cathy Rogers w/whip, Carole Mac on right, who is the one kneeling, and who are the two on the left (from the final shot of them posing)?<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>Kelly Sapsford kneeling, Kay Hughes with her hand on Kelly's shoulder, Carol Dunbar between Kay and Cathy.<br><br>I should have gone...<br><br>Ken.

[old] Andrew Burrows

Competitions

Post by [old] Andrew Burrows » December 20th, 2004, 5:45 am

Why cant I open the clips!!!!!!! !

[old] Niall

Competitions

Post by [old] Niall » December 22nd, 2004, 4:55 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Andrew Burrows+Dec 20 2004, 04:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Andrew Burrows @ Dec 20 2004, 04:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why cant I open the clips!!!!!!! ! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> You'll need the Quicktime Movie player in order to play them.<br><br>It can be downloaded from <a href='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/' target='_blank'>here</a>.

[old] Andrew Burrows

Competitions

Post by [old] Andrew Burrows » December 22nd, 2004, 5:46 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Niall+Dec 22 2004, 08:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Niall @ Dec 22 2004, 08:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Andrew Burrows+Dec 20 2004, 04:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Andrew Burrows @ Dec 20 2004, 04:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why cant I open the clips!!!!!!!       ! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>You'll need the Quicktime Movie player in order to play them.<br><br>It can be downloaded from <a href='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/' target='_blank'>here</a>. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> Its downloading as I type, thanks for that.<br><br>Cant wait to see these clips now!

[old] CAROLE MAC

Competitions

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » December 24th, 2004, 11:41 am

six thousand + hits now show us your money .... !!!!!

[old] Mary P.

Competitions

Post by [old] Mary P. » December 25th, 2004, 10:48 am

Carole -<br><br>Finally saw the clip of your team! *WoW* Had to keep the husband and young son away from the computer. Really gusty - I'd never be able to do that - & good on you for organizing your team & charity web page. I gave; through the miracle of credit cards & modern technology, it was was easy. <br><br>Come on, the rest of you 5000+ hits! Show 'em the money.<br><br>See you at 2006? CRASH-B's & hope you vacation Down Under is great!<br>Mary

[old] Rocket Roy

Competitions

Post by [old] Rocket Roy » December 25th, 2004, 11:39 am

Well done mary, see you at the Crash-B's. <br><br>Everyone should give (if they can afford it) to help this poor young kid....

[old] Jon Goodall

Competitions

Post by [old] Jon Goodall » December 25th, 2004, 4:17 pm

Good to see the money is still coming in!!!<br><br>Just about to cross the £900 barrier!!!!<br><br>That £1000 marker is getting ever closer!!!!!<br><br>Keep it going people <br><br><a href='http://www.justgiving.com/amsterdam2004' target='_blank'>http://www.justgiving.com/amsterdam2004</a>

[old] Thomas

Competitions

Post by [old] Thomas » December 25th, 2004, 6:04 pm

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>They could probably get even more money by making a <i>calender</i> using the lingerie theme. They could probably find 7 more women for the cause. They could start out making the calender using personal software programs to keep the cost down and if it went big, they could go through a company. Additionally, they could sell computer <i>screen savers</i> and the like. They could also look into wrist bands, ribbons, etc. They coordinate with the child's mother and the hospital.</span><br><br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><i>Good luck,<br>Anonymous</i></span>

[old] CAROLE MAC

Competitions

Post by [old] CAROLE MAC » December 26th, 2004, 10:45 am

Thanks everyone who gave from the Usa .. (and all the Brits too that may be tuned into this channel seeing at the Brit Forum is kaput again .)..<br><br>Mary a personal thanks to you you have inspired me over the last 8 mths .. as relatively new to the world of indoor rowing it is good to have someone to chase .. I just dont know where you get the time to do the metres you do . Umfortunately won't get to meet you in Boston inFeb year but fingers crossed for 2006... mind you can't you manage Birc?? a room at Mcnally Towers could be made available!!! I met Joan in Amsterdam and we had a blast.<br><br>Right off to do some relative visiting ... all the best everyone and show us your money .......

[old] SteveV

Competitions

Post by [old] SteveV » December 27th, 2004, 4:40 am

More photos from the Euro evening event. That Goodall bloke gets everywhere <br><br><br><a href='http://www.nereus.nl/index.cfm?category ... otoID=2304' target='_blank'>http://www.nereus.nl/index.cfm?category ... ID=2304</a>

[old] bcetinic

Competitions

Post by [old] bcetinic » December 28th, 2004, 3:52 am

I have just joined this Forum, and was surprised to see that the European Indoor Champs was video streamed. How did it go?<br>Last year I was in a team responsible for the Croatian Indoor Champ. We had it in two cities simultaneously, with video streaming from both cities. Unfortunately, the server went down the morning of the race, so we struggled with the backup. Well, we had our share of problems with it.<br><br>As we plan to repeat it this year, I ask for any realistic suggestion. Should we be brave and organize it again (February 2005), or just stick to the traditional way? We are simply reluctant to rely on the server somewhere out there. A week ago I e-mailed Concept2 with a similar question, but received no reply. Is the software for the server available for a temporary installation locally? Can you tell us how did you setup video streaming?<br>Boris<br>

[old] TheHagueDragon

Competitions

Post by [old] TheHagueDragon » December 28th, 2004, 4:15 am

more pictures:<br><a href='http://www.nlroei.nl/Fotoboek-album-281-16.html' target='_blank'>EIRC</a>