Challenge Completed

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] tam2row

Competitions

Post by [old] tam2row » October 30th, 2004, 3:12 pm

Just finished the Skeleton Challenge! This is a first for me, thought I would not be able to erg that much. Now am so excited, thinking of trying something else. My real goal is to go to a indoor 2K race, by spring 2005 and be somewhere in my age group with my time being somewhat near that age group. Presently I'm 49 and the 80 yr olds are beating me bad. Then in about 2 years would like to erg the Crash B's just to say I was there.<br>Hope you all have a good day!<br> Terry M.

[old] mtnbiker

Competitions

Post by [old] mtnbiker » October 30th, 2004, 11:22 pm

tam2row way2go. your next challange should be the holiday 200k from thanksgiving to christmas its very good one, helps keep you focused through the holidays. plus the send you a pin if you have a online log book or send them a copy of your row for that month<br><br> next week do 40k

[old] tam2row

Competitions

Post by [old] tam2row » October 31st, 2004, 1:17 am

Thanks for the encouragement will give it a try.<br> Terry M.

[old] agc812

Competitions

Post by [old] agc812 » November 1st, 2004, 2:09 am

Congrats on finishing the skeleton challenge Terry. The Skeleton was my first challenge too. Unfortunately, Halloween and a busy youth sports schedule put me behind in my rowing. By Sunday morning, I had only completed 14km. So after a very busy day, closed by reading my ten-year-old to sleep (Bradbury's "The Halloween Tree"), I was determined to row the remaining 17km before midnight.<br><br>I had never rowed more than a 5k before, but I began shortly after 10:00 with determination. Eight-eight minutes and three short breaks later (legs kept falling asleep), I had completed my goal.<br><br>Satisfied, I logged onto C2 only to discover that the challange had ended at midnight Eastern Time! I finished around 11:30 Central. Oh well...lesson learned, and at least I know I can row an hour and a half. Anyone have any advice on how to keep blood in my legs?<br><br>