Rowing Music

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Winz_Factor

FAQ

Post by [old] Winz_Factor » December 8th, 2005, 11:05 am

For me, its the Rocky 4 soundtrack, the Top Gun Soundtrack (skipping over Take My Breath Away and Memories (the goose is dead song), some Billy Joel: My Life, We Didn't Start The Fire, Downeaster Alexa, can't remember the band but the song Pour Some Sugar On, amd finally Bon Jovi: Its My Life, Shot through the Heart and Livin on a Prayer. St everything to shuffle and it keeps me going strong and if I close my eyes and just listen, i can just flow on the erg.

[old] Sader

FAQ

Post by [old] Sader » December 8th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Anything by Linkin Park works for me. They seem to have a strong rhythm and steady beat...also high intensity in a lot of songs great for rowing competitive pieces.

[old] John Rupp

FAQ

Post by [old] John Rupp » December 8th, 2005, 6:29 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Nov 27 2005, 03:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Nov 27 2005, 03:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I edited the times but media player is still adding up the old times.<br /><br />Apparently they are locked in or something.    <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Does anyone know how to get it to add up the new times? <br />

[old] whp4

FAQ

Post by [old] whp4 » December 16th, 2005, 10:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Dec 8 2005, 10:29 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Dec 8 2005, 10:29 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Nov 27 2005, 03:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Nov 27 2005, 03:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I edited the times but media player is still adding up the old times.<br /><br />Apparently they are locked in or something.     <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Does anyone know how to get it to add up the new times? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />My guess is that you probably aren't actually making the tracks any shorter, just telling the player to play a subset of the length, and thus when it tries to assemble the CD you've still got the proverbial 10 pounds in a 5 pound bag...<br /><br />Try Audacity for a free application that can slice and dice and lots of other stuff...<br /><br /><a href='http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/20414' target='_blank'>Audacity</a><br /><br />I've never used it on the PC, but it works well on the Mac, and is a multi-platform app.<br />

[old] John Rupp

FAQ

Post by [old] John Rupp » December 16th, 2005, 11:58 pm

Paul,<br /><br />Thanks much. I will try the Audacity program.

[old] John Rupp

FAQ

Post by [old] John Rupp » December 17th, 2005, 1:35 am

Audacity says the track is 5:42, the same as the other program reduced it.<br /><br />However, windows media player still counts it as 5:51.

[old] whp4

FAQ

Post by [old] whp4 » December 17th, 2005, 2:10 am

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Dec 17 2005, 03:58 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Dec 17 2005, 03:58 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Paul,<br /><br />Thanks much.  I will try the Audacity program. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm not sure if Paul or I should be more flattered about your inability to distinguish between us <br /><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Dec 17 2005, 05:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Dec 17 2005, 05:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Audacity says the track is 5:42, the same as the other program reduced it.<br /><br />However, windows media player still counts it as 5:51.  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Now you've got me curious. Why don't you email me the offending .mp3 file and I'll have a look? Take my c2 forum username, insert "almer" after the "wh" and tack on "@yahoo.com" to form my email address. Send both the original and the one you edited.<br /><br />Bill<br />

[old] SeoulJen

FAQ

Post by [old] SeoulJen » January 7th, 2006, 7:16 am

<span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='color:blue'> havent worked out the beats per minute however I recommend erging to the Tombraider (1) Soundtrack and much of Fatboy Slim music feels good too. <br /><br />I will eventually be speeeding up/slowing down various music to my preferred pace - in the meantime my favourite is the Tombraider soundtrack.</span><br />[/COLOR]</span><br />quote=alatus,Sep 26 2004, 02:14 AM]<br />I regularly use music to row by on the Concept2.<br /><br />Has anyone compiled a source of music and particularly a list of music by strokes per minute?<br /><br />I have a short list of music on my computer that I know works for rowing and I mix various rowing music playlists for various length and intensity workouts.<br /><br />It is a fairly tedious process. Has anyone produced a list or does anyone know a source of rowing music to make the task easier and probably better?<br /><br />Thank you. <br />[/quote]<br />

[old] Ikabob

FAQ

Post by [old] Ikabob » January 8th, 2006, 5:50 am

Country & Western or Bluegrass....gets me movin!

[old] schill231

FAQ

Post by [old] schill231 » February 2nd, 2006, 4:03 pm

Rusted Root has a great rhythm, especially "Send Me On My Way", "Ecstacy", and "Drum Trip." Kasabian is good and upbeat too. I haven't been rowing long enough to get bored with it yet, but those seem to work well so far.

[old] Ducatista

FAQ

Post by [old] Ducatista » February 2nd, 2006, 6:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-SeoulJen+ Jan 7 2006, 05:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SeoulJen @ Jan 7 2006, 05:16 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->havent worked out the beats per minute however I recommend erging to the Tombraider (1) Soundtrack and much of Fatboy Slim music feels good too.  <br /><br />I will eventually be speeeding up/slowing down various music to my preferred pace  - in the meantime my favourite is the Tombraider soundtrack.<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-alatus+Sep 26 2004, 02:14 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(alatus @ Sep 26 2004, 02:14 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />I regularly use music to row by on the Concept2.<br /><br />Has anyone compiled a source of music and particularly a list of music by strokes per minute?<br /><br />I have a short list of music on my computer that I know works for rowing and I mix various rowing music playlists for various length and intensity workouts.<br /><br />It is a fairly tedious process.  Has anyone produced a list or does anyone know a source of rowing music to make the task easier and probably better?<br /><br />Thank you. </td></tr></table> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not sure I got the quote nesting right; if I did, I'm answering a year-and-a-half-old question. But I thought I'd throw in a link to <a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... 2&hl=music' target='_blank'>this other C2 music thread</a> anyway. Post #2 is a bpm-based rowing list. If something on that list doesn't trip your trigger, you've clearly got a defective trigger.

[old] Ben Rea

FAQ

Post by [old] Ben Rea » February 16th, 2006, 3:34 pm

im one for the angry music, either that or ska, i know, theres a big difference but its what i like :D :P :wink: