Magnesium Orotate

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Paul S

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Paul S » January 6th, 2006, 11:19 am

<!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jan 5 2006, 10:22 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jan 5 2006, 10:22 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Paul S+Jan 4 2006, 12:03 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Paul S @ Jan 4 2006, 12:03 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just think how much better our air would be if every Concept rower was equiped with a "C Breeze"  I know my bedroom is so much fresher now.  That's a good one Paul. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Are you sleeping with your C-Breeze?<br />Where do you put it?? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No, The bedroom is where I erg due to our relatively small condo.<br />

[old] ancho

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] ancho » January 7th, 2006, 1:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Byron Drachman+Jan 4 2006, 01:32 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Byron Drachman @ Jan 4 2006, 01:32 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I should add that I prefer munching on peanuts or indulging my addiction to peanut butter to get magnesium and trace minerals. <br /><br />Byron <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Does peanut butter produce methane gas? <br />Which side effects might this have on erging? <br />

[old] ancho

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] ancho » January 7th, 2006, 1:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Paul S+Jan 6 2006, 04:19 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Paul S @ Jan 6 2006, 04:19 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-ancho+Jan 5 2006, 10:22 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ancho @ Jan 5 2006, 10:22 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Paul S+Jan 4 2006, 12:03 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Paul S @ Jan 4 2006, 12:03 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Just think how much better our air would be if every Concept rower was equiped with a "C Breeze"  I know my bedroom is so much fresher now.  That's a good one Paul. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Are you sleeping with your C-Breeze?<br />Where do you put it?? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No, The bedroom is where I erg due to our relatively small condo. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Is this PaulS or Rupp S? <br />

[old] Paul S

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Paul S » January 7th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Is this PaulS or Rupp S? <br />[/quote]<br /><br />I really should start putting my full name on my posts to avoid being confused with who I consider to be the real PaulS. the one with no space between Paul & the S. I am Paul Salata, a relative amateur at erging.

[old] dadams

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] dadams » January 11th, 2006, 9:56 am

<!--QuoteBegin-raymond botha+Jan 5 2006, 12:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(raymond botha @ Jan 5 2006, 12:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->This is supposed to be a summary of those tests ;<br /><br /><a href='http://www.luminahealth.com/images/Cell ... _Study.pdf' target='_blank'>http://www.luminahealth.com/images/Cell ... udy.pdf</a> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ray,<br />Got the stuff in the mail yesterday. And I must say that it is quite possibly the worst tasting substance I've ever had!! Gonna be tuff to stomach. <br /><br />Thanks again for the heads up on this. This should be a good experiment.<br /><br />Dwayne

[old] PaulS

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] PaulS » January 11th, 2006, 10:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 11 2006, 05:56 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 11 2006, 05:56 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-raymond botha+Jan 5 2006, 12:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(raymond botha @ Jan 5 2006, 12:28 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->This is supposed to be a summary of those tests ;<br /><br /><a href='http://www.luminahealth.com/images/Cell ... _Study.pdf' target='_blank'>http://www.luminahealth.com/images/Cell ... udy.pdf</a> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Ray,<br />Got the stuff in the mail yesterday. And I must say that it is quite possibly the worst tasting substance I've ever had!! Gonna be tuff to stomach. <br /><br />Thanks again for the heads up on this. This should be a good experiment.<br /><br />Dwayne <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That seems to fit with the normal relationships:<br /><br />Calories are directly proportional to how good things taste. (Chocolate Vs Celery)<br />Taste is inversely proportional to how good it is for you. (Chocolate Vs This stuff)

[old] raymond botha

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] raymond botha » January 12th, 2006, 12:35 pm

<br /><br />Dwayne , tell me you are mixing it with distilled water and not taking it neat <br /><br />It tastes like lemon juice without the sweentener ... You can also mix it with apple juice.<br /><br />Ray

[old] dadams

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] dadams » January 12th, 2006, 1:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-raymond botha+Jan 12 2006, 11:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(raymond botha @ Jan 12 2006, 11:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->     <br /><br />Dwayne , tell me you are mixing it with distilled water and not taking it neat  <br /><br />It tastes like lemon juice without the sweentener ... You can also mix it with apple juice.<br /><br />Ray <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm mixingit with 8 oz of purified water, like they suggest. Nasty stuff!!!!

[old] dougsurf

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] dougsurf » January 12th, 2006, 3:22 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 12 2006, 10:03 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 12 2006, 10:03 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-raymond botha+Jan 12 2006, 11:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(raymond botha @ Jan 12 2006, 11:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->     <br /><br />Dwayne , tell me you are mixing it with distilled water and not taking it neat  <br /><br />It tastes like lemon juice without the sweentener ... You can also mix it with apple juice.<br /><br />Ray <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm mixingit with 8 oz of purified water, like they suggest. Nasty stuff!!!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Is it worse than Baking Soda solution? Tried that once. The nausea far surpassed any lactate buffering effect, imo. <br /><br />Thanks for running this experiment for us. I looked at their website, and omg. The testamonies section is farther out than anything I've ever seen. Sounds like the fountain of youth if ever there was one. One clip mentioned someone putting drops on a burn and having it immediately heal. Is this the stuff they had in the chalice in that one episode of Indiana Jones, that immediately healed the bullet wound?? So I'm skeptical, but still interested. Does anyone know how long it is supposed to take to notice an improvement? Immediately knock off a few split seconds?<br />

[old] dadams

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] dadams » January 12th, 2006, 3:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-dougsurf+Jan 12 2006, 02:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dougsurf @ Jan 12 2006, 02:22 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-dadams+Jan 12 2006, 10:03 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(dadams @ Jan 12 2006, 10:03 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-raymond botha+Jan 12 2006, 11:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(raymond botha @ Jan 12 2006, 11:35 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->     <br /><br />Dwayne , tell me you are mixing it with distilled water and not taking it neat  <br /><br />It tastes like lemon juice without the sweentener ... You can also mix it with apple juice.<br /><br />Ray <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm mixingit with 8 oz of purified water, like they suggest. Nasty stuff!!!! <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Is it worse than Baking Soda solution? Tried that once. The nausea far surpassed any lactate buffering effect, imo. <br /><br />Thanks for running this experiment for us. I looked at their website, and omg. The testamonies section is farther out than anything I've ever seen. Sounds like the fountain of youth if ever there was one. One clip mentioned someone putting drops on a burn and having it immediately heal. Is this the stuff they had in the chalice in that one episode of Indiana Jones, that immediately healed the bullet wound?? So I'm skeptical, but still interested. Does anyone know how long it is supposed to take to notice an improvement? Immediately knock off a few split seconds? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not sure how long it will take to notice anything, but for the price (around $22) it's worth the experiment.<br />

[old] MJPhilly

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] MJPhilly » January 13th, 2006, 3:25 am

The study about this cellfood product seems really suspect. In the Subjects and Study Design section, there are forty-five marathon runners who volunteer for this study, so N=45 for the entire study. It says they were randomized to study groups but doesn't say how many in each group; in any study worth anything, you should randomly assign half to one group and half to the other. The results tables (Labeled tables I,II, and III) only list an N=10 in the cellfood and placebo group. So, that only accounts for twenty members of the original forty-five who started the study. So, where did the other 25 people go? Could the authors have picked the 10 best who showed improvement in the cellfood group and the 10 worst in the placebo group to make cellfood look better? And how much better is it? There are no statistics showing any statistical difference between the cellfood group and placebo group (no calculated P values to demonstrate significant differences). So, this product is probably worthless except for the fancy looking "study" they put on the cellfood website.

[old] raymond botha

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] raymond botha » January 13th, 2006, 7:21 am

You know I've taken a lot of supplements over time, some good, some bad, I admit, and I always felt there was a price to pay. My goals eventually led me to what was healthy and I found this had the side effect of improved performance. I will never again take anything based on performance needs alone. I started taking CellFood completely unaware of its "performance enhancing properties". Anyone in IT support will tell you how stressfull and unhealthy their lifestyles are, too much caffiene being one of the bad habits we cultivate. I always wondered what the body ran out of which eventually caused the periodic colds etc. My big eye opener came when I started using different "detoxifyers" (natural herbal and vitamin based). I found the "normal" interuptions to training ceased and the fatigue from overtraining had less of a cascade effect to my health. Yes I've overtrained for the past 20yrs when I made a concious desicion to matian exercise till my body gave up. Intensity the way I see it is not the problem, anyone can overtrain, or train hard. The key for me is maintaining good health and the ability to enjoy ones fitness. Perhaps as we get older it becomes more of a necessesity. Funny how we care more about how we feel as apposed to how we look as age catches up with us. More is the joy in excelling at sport when you know your best is behind you. The strength of the mind becomes the new king to give the orders.<br />Consequently since using CellFood I don't need the kick from coffee that I craved<br />and have given up all stimulants. At the end of the day the proof is in the pudding. How scary would it be if Dwayne got faster I have a number of markers I would be interested in comparing with Dwayne once he has some feedback.<br />In summary, is it good for my health ? inadvertently that allows me to train harder which makes me quicker and thats something you can answer for youself.<br /><br />Ray

[old] dadams

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] dadams » January 13th, 2006, 9:21 am

Good point Ray. If this stuff works, then it works. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. Like I said above. It's a $22 experiment. <br /><br />Dwayne

[old] Roland Baltutis

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » January 17th, 2006, 6:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Byron Drachman+Jan 3 2006, 07:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Byron Drachman @ Jan 3 2006, 07:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I should add that I prefer munching on peanuts or indulging my addiction to peanut butter to get magnesium and trace minerals. <br /><br />Byron <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Look I know that Americans really love their peanut butter. This becomes quite evident every time there is a post on supplements here. You usually get at least one response from someone that refuses to touch them as they much prefer to munch on their peanut butter after a workout.<br /><br />Your welcome to it but please be aware that it is very high in <b>FAT</b>. So much so that in most brands of peanut butter there can be three times as much fat than protein or carbs. Next time you grab a jar of peanut butter do yourself a favour and read the contents lable. <b>It's not worth trying to obtain your nutrients from peanut butter because fat always comes along for a free ride.</b><br />Rockin Roland<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

[old] Ducatista

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Ducatista » January 17th, 2006, 7:58 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Your welcome to it but please be aware that it is very high in <b>FAT</b>. </td></tr></table><br />They don't call it peanut <i>butter</i> for nothing. <br /><br />Don't denigrate the humble peanut, without which we wouldn't have PB&J, apple slices slathered in peanut butter, and Thai peanut curries. Not to mention the most productive ex-President in US history. Mmmm, peanut.