LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: He's A Meter Multi-Millionaire !!! Again !!

Post by bg » May 1st, 2014, 4:07 pm

kakattack wrote:
Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image

It's another EIGHT million meter teammate! Whoop, whoop and hooyah! Good work and great finish, Ron! We wish you many more millions!
Ahh... but I bet it was those last 8 meters that were the hardest! ;) Congratulations Ron on your Eight million meter season!!

Also congrats to our newest millionaires Sarah and David W!
wooo hoooo and congrats to everyone from me too :} and happy erging new year :}

danwho
10k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by danwho » May 1st, 2014, 5:55 pm

Ah, the Magic 8.
Okay, Ron, give her a shake.

Sarah and David W, you'd better help. This one looks a little stubborn.

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » May 1st, 2014, 10:04 pm

A bit of post-holiday blues happening here presently, well I guess it isn’t too bad as we are heading off on another epic outback adventure in about 7 weeks…

Good luck to all with the new rowing year now underway, I hope you meet your goals, and speaking of goals, TomO is off to Rugby tomorrow morning. It is going to be very cold they tell me – well not by North American standards, but we were enjoying 32 degree (centigrade) the other day in the outback!

I guess winter had to turn up sooner or later....

Cheers Baz… B)
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Kona2
Marathon Poster

THREE Million Lifetime Meters

Post by Kona2 » May 2nd, 2014, 11:41 am

ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and hooyah! First fireworks of the new erging year! While Sarah A was busy finishing off her ONE million meters on the year, she was ALSO earning THREE million lifetime meters...on the same day...the last day of the 2014 season! Congratulations! We wish you many, MANY more!!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Our lunar journey continues!!

Post by Kona2 » May 2nd, 2014, 12:42 pm

ImageImageImageImage .... the lunar journey continues! So glad you are with us!

Wowzer, mates! Day 1 finishes as it's amazing to see that we already have 44 teammates listed on the year - we didn't have many more than that at the end of our first year on the forum, and now we can manage it (and more I am certain!) in a day. Opening Day of the erging season is always a special time - it's just about the only day where we can say that we have ONE HUNDRED PERCENT PARTICIPATION. Way to go, Lunies for getting on the roster right away! I'll be getting my name on the roster later today!

Global Marathon Challenge: Lunies on the Boards

Image 42,195 m ... the FULL moon

Alix B
Mikkel

Image 21,097 m ... the HALF moon

Chris Tudury
Kristine Strasburger
Robyn Lee
Sarah Hallbeck
Steve Gooch
Alix Bagent
Stuart Babendir

Season meters as of 1 of 365 = 632,059 m

Total meters on the day = 632,059 m

Oars in space (participation) = 100 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

Thanks, everyone, for rowing and ski-erging with us!

David T 1,000 m
Lily ImageImageImageImage m ... palindrome !
Bobbie 1,500 m
Andre 1,662 m
Gene 2,500 m
Jodie 3,000 m
Tony ImageImageImageImage m
Ted 4,000 m
Sarah A 4,107 m
Karyn 4,337 m
Jeff P 5,000 m
Tom M 5,000 m
Nathan 5,495 m
Jim ImageImageImageImage m
Ross 6,546 m
Jayne A 7,800 m
Rosi ImageImageImageImage m
Marty ImageImageImageImage m
Steven D 8,904 m
Lynne 10,000 m
James S 10,000 m
Rebecca 10,000 m
Baz 10,000 m
Jane 10,252 m
Bruce T 10,827 m
David A 11,270 m
Greg C 12,647 m
Anita 13,000 m
Marie 14,000 m
Jay 15,000 m
Ronnie 15,000 m
Barry S 17,561 m
Jon C 21,000 m
Image Kristine 21,097 m
Image Minnie 21,097 m
Image Robyn 21,097 m
ImageStuart 21,097 m
Image Christa ImageImageImageImageImage m
Image bg ImageImageImageImageImage m
Image Steve G 31,097 m
Image Sarah H 35,097 m
Image Mikkel 42,195 m
Image Ed 50,000 m
Image Alix B 74,761 m

sarahaddams
Paddler

Re: THREE Million Lifetime Meters

Post by sarahaddams » May 3rd, 2014, 12:58 am

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and hooyah! First fireworks of the new erging year! While Sarah A was busy finishing off her ONE million meters on the year, she was ALSO earning THREE million lifetime meters...on the same day...the last day of the 2014 season! Congratulations! We wish you many, MANY more!!
Teammates-
Thanks for all the support. It means to much to be recognized (especially on a team with so many all-stars!) I often think of how thankful I am to have found a group of people willing to celebrate everyone's achievements. Also, I don't know how you do it K2! I can barely keep up with myself.

Also, Ron, you sent me down a rabbit hole. I had to search around a little bit to figure out what "touch the elbow" meant.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy rowing season,
Sarah A.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » May 3rd, 2014, 1:14 am

Wait .... What does the elbow bit mean?!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » May 3rd, 2014, 3:49 am

sarahaddams wrote:

Teammates-
Thanks for all the support. It means to much to be recognized (especially on a team with so many all-stars!) I often think of how thankful I am to have found a group of people willing to celebrate everyone's achievements. Also, I don't know how you do it K2! I can barely keep up with myself.

Also, Ron, you sent me down a rabbit hole. I had to search around a little bit to figure out what "touch the elbow" meant.

Sarah A.
a belated wooo hoooo and congrats from me too :}

Edscapade
2k Poster

Post by Edscapade » May 3rd, 2014, 3:56 am

sarahaddams wrote:

Teammates-
Thanks for all the support. It means to much to be recognized (especially on a team with so many all-stars!) I often think of how thankful I am to have found a group of people willing to celebrate everyone's achievements. Also, I don't know how you do it K2! I can barely keep up

Sarah A.
Congratulations - both are great achievements!! Good luck on the new season!

Ed

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 5,2,14

Post by Kona2 » May 3rd, 2014, 11:29 am

Global Marathon Challenge.....this team KNOWS how to complete Challenges!

Full Moons (Full Marathon, 42,195 m):

ImageKaterina Mack throws down a FULL marathon! Hooyah!
Richard T
Mikkel

Image Half Moons (Half Marathon, 21,097 m)

Christa
Ronnie
Jay
Jodie
Lawrence - is this a first ever?!
Sarah H
Stuart
Steve G
Kristine
Robyn
Minnie
bg

ImageImageImage Image ... It's our FIRST million meters of the 2015 Season !!

Season meters as of 2/365 = 1,016,374 m

Total meters on the day = 384,315 m

Oars in space (participation) = 58 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

100 K Ed - first teammate to 100 K
50 K Sarah H

Juliette 519 m
Adam 1,531 m
Bobbie 2,500 m
Richard T 4,984 m ... Derby Day ! Win big !
Jim ImageImageImageImage m
Andre 5,834 m
Dtudury 5,918 m
Rosi 6,000 m
Steve G 6,000 m
Sarah A 6,162 m
Jeff P ImageImageImageImage m ... a double double !
Anita 7,000 m
Danno 7,000 m
Image ImageImageImageImage m ... hula hula .. the Tudury gang is all aboard !
AJ 7,014 m
Wim 7,041 m
Marty 8,000 m
Jessica 10,000 m
Ken G 10,000 m
Todd 10,000 m
Jane 10,307 m
David T 11,000 m
bg ImageImageImageImageImage m
Jon C 13,500 m
Sarah H 16,000 m
Christa 21,097 m
Jay 21,097 m
Jodie 21,097 m
Lawrence 21,097 m
Ronnie 21,097 m
Katerina 42,195 m
Ed 50,000 m

sarahaddams
Paddler

Post by sarahaddams » May 3rd, 2014, 12:39 pm

Kona2 wrote:Wait .... What does the elbow bit mean?!
Here is what Ron wrote previously:
"Touch the Elbow" refers to how Infantry using tactics of the Civil War period marched and stood in line of battle. The soldiers fought in close formation with the intention of massed firepower. When marching or in line of battle you lightly touched the elbow of the soldier to your left or right. This helped maintain the formation and it also helped to make sure (along with maintaining a 13 inch distance between front and rear ranks) that the muskets of the rear rank are in the proper alignment when firing. If the proper alignment is maintained and the rear rank soldier steps, with his right foot, six inches towards the man on the left than the musket comes through the first rank over the right shoulder of the man in front and neither the muzzle nor the lock plate is near the ear of the front rank soldier. If the man in the rear rank does not maintain the proper alignment it can really impact the ears of his file mate :x
Saying "Touch the Elbow" means stand steadfast with your comrades.
OK, probably TMI :lol:
Ron
It's also the title of a pretty prolific Civil War blog. I feel like it's something my American history teacher probably taught me back in high school and I've long since forgotten. :?

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » May 3rd, 2014, 1:41 pm

Here is what Ron wrote previously:
"Touch the Elbow" refers to how Infantry using tactics of the Civil War period marched and stood in line of battle. The soldiers fought in close formation with the intention of massed firepower. When marching or in line of battle you lightly touched the elbow of the soldier to your left or right. This helped maintain the formation and it also helped to make sure (along with maintaining a 13 inch distance between front and rear ranks) that the muskets of the rear rank are in the proper alignment when firing. If the proper alignment is maintained and the rear rank soldier steps, with his right foot, six inches towards the man on the left than the musket comes through the first rank over the right shoulder of the man in front and neither the muzzle nor the lock plate is near the ear of the front rank soldier. If the man in the rear rank does not maintain the proper alignment it can really impact the ears of his file mate :x
Saying "Touch the Elbow" means stand steadfast with your comrades.
OK, probably TMI :lol:
Ron
It's also the title of a pretty prolific Civil War blog. I feel like it's something my American history teacher probably taught me back in high school and I've long since forgotten. :?
thanks for reposting :} and gooooo bruins....

Larryrows
Paddler

RE: Progress rpt 5-2-14

Post by Larryrows » May 3rd, 2014, 8:17 pm

Yes, this is a first half moon ever. But not planning on it being the last. Short term goal to do another before the marathon challenge is over. Glad to be a new member of this LUNA-TICS team.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

FIRST EVERS: It's a TWO-FER !!

Post by Kona2 » May 4th, 2014, 10:13 am

Larryrows wrote:Yes, this is a first half moon ever. But not planning on it being the last. Short term goal to do another before the marathon challenge is over. Glad to be a new member of this LUNA-TICS team.
ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and hooyah! We love to celebrate the FIRST EVERS in our virtual world! After all, isn't that HOOYAH! feeling what we chase in our lives? And Larry gives us a TWO-FER with his FIRST EVER half marathon and his FIRST EVER posting on our forum site! Well done ! We wish you many, MANY more first evers.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » May 4th, 2014, 10:32 am

Drivetofast wrote:California Chrome arrives in Kentucky

Image Another episode...

Hooboy! Richard T brought California Chrome, the latest winner of the Kentucky Derby, to our attention just before the end of the 2014 erging season. And, pretty sure that he even gave us a predicted finishing time for this horse to take the race. He was spot on, too! California Chrome's story is one that appeals to the part of us that wants the everyday guy to win. Two guys, Coburn and Martin, decide that they want to get into horse racing. Coburn is a press operator at a company that makes the magnetic strips that go on the back of the US credit cards (maybe he will now work at getting the chip technology...), and Martin runs a lab that tests equipment reliability. They sound like a couple of guys who would fit right in on this team! They purchase a mare, and breed her to get a colt called California Chrome. CC wins a few races and the "big" guys in horse racing offer them six million for a controlling share in the horse. Coburn and Martin say no. They're betting the farm, so to speak, on what they have produced with the help of a trainer named Art who becomes the oldest trainer to win the Derby. This is a Hollywood story in the making - and you know that we'll see it on the big screen. Good stuff !

ESPN writers had this to say:
California Chrome has the unlikeliest pedigree for a Derby champion. His mother, named Love the Chase, won just one race. She was purchased by Coburn and Martin, a move that prompted a trainer to call them "dumb asses" for getting involved in racing.

Feeling inspired, they named their operation DAP Racing, which stands for Dumb Ass Partners. Their silks include an image of a donkey.