LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by bg » January 13th, 2014, 1:36 pm

brotherjim wrote:Congratulations Luna, AJ, and Richard for meter milestones! Way to row!
Kona, we are averaging over a million meters per day in this challenge! Has there ever been a challenge that we did this? This is really amazing and shows such a total team effort and unity.
wooooo hoooooo and congrats to you all from me too :]

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » January 13th, 2014, 2:01 pm

K2 I know you work hard on the stats. Appreciate it. Now lets hope the Broncos get To the Super Bowl :)

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » January 13th, 2014, 2:48 pm

So sorry to hear the space goblins ate your post, K2. I hate it when that happens! Way to crank out the meters, Team! A stellar effort this year! Congratulations to the milestone achievers. It doesn't come easy.
☆~Kristine~☆

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » January 13th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Back on the machine today after a couple of days off…

Firstly, congratulations to the team for the great effort and welcome to new members and milestones galore over the past few days!

We took our new four wheel drive touring machine and camper trailer and into the Australian bush over the weekend to better familiarise ourselves with the different handling and characteristics of the vehicle.

Crikey I was flat our keeping Janet out of the driver’s seat! Anyway I will get around to posting some photos on my blog http://www.thelandy.com over the next day or so for the motor heads amongst us…

And the weather; parts of Australian experiencing heatwave conditions with temperatures well in excess of 40 degrees.

Cheers, Baz
B)
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » January 13th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Drivetofast wrote:K2 I know you work hard on the stats. Appreciate it. Now lets hope the Broncos get To the Super Bowl :)
should be a good game......gooooooo pats :}

jayne_jayney
Paddler

Post by jayne_jayney » January 13th, 2014, 6:26 pm

TedCG wrote:
jayne_jayney wrote:
Kona2 wrote:Image Day 12 or 13 of 31 .... warp drive !!

I'm 14k below average in Luna-Tics, yet I'd improve the average of any of our competitors. Not very commited are they? ;-)
If you sort the standings by "Average Meters", i.e., meters per team member, we are 20th. http://log.concept2.com/team/teamStandi ... e_index=54 I've always been awed by The Ancients, but some of the really tiny teams, well, that's committed!
Erg on, Lunies!
Oh, I don't dispute any of that for a moment! But then if the top 5 or 6 from here were a separate team, their average would be up there at or near the top. It's the mere mortals like me that only put in 10k five times a week dragging the team down ;-)

Actually, if anyone had told me three months ago, that I'd be doing 10k+ five or six times a week, I'd have laughed at them...

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » January 13th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Jayne, you aren't dragging the team down. Everyone has their own time limits,work schedule, and just everyday life to deal with. You are rowing lots of meters . The team is for fun to row however many or few meters you want to. I think we all want to have good health and the erg is a great way to get in a good workout. Hope I am not out of line here. I really enjoy this team and the fun and other perks that come with it.

kgallagher
2k Poster

Post by kgallagher » January 13th, 2014, 10:13 pm

Kona2 wrote:

Karyn 6,369 m part ii

Karyn ImageImageImageImageImage m part i
Thanks Jan! You made my day.

I sent Jan a message telling her I did a 12,345 meter piece yesterday in hopes of getting some cool graphics. Then I realized I erged so late in the day yesterday, it wouldn't register until today after I did my early morning erg piece, so my numbers would be out of whack. Jan was kind enough to separate my two days of work so that I could still get my cool graphics. Thanks! It's the little things that make me happy.

Jayne - I agree with brotherjim. No one holds anyone back on this team. We are all here to push and encourage each other to do our individual best. We've supported people through injuries, pregnancies, and general life craziness that kept people off the erg. We are happy to have you on the team and will take whatever meters you can give us. Keep up the good work!

Karyn

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » January 13th, 2014, 10:32 pm

kgallagher wrote:
Kona2 wrote:

Karyn 6,369 m part ii

I sent Jan a message telling her I did a 12,345 meter piece yesterday in hopes of getting some cool graphics. Then I realized I erged so late in the day yesterday, it wouldn't register until today after I did my early morning erg piece, so my numbers would be out of whack. Jan was kind enough to separate my two days of work so that I could still get my cool graphics. Thanks! It's the little things that make me happy.

Jayne - I agree with brotherjim. No one holds anyone back on this team. We are all here to push and encourage each other to do our individual best. We've supported people through injuries, pregnancies, and general life craziness that kept people off the erg. We are happy to have you on the team and will take whatever meters you can give us. Keep up the good work!

Karyn
Good work Karyn and to echo the other comments Jayne, after all I've been out for 12 months (Crikey!) :)
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

jayne_jayney
Paddler

Post by jayne_jayney » January 14th, 2014, 4:11 am

Sorry Jim, it was just my quirky sense of English humour... I know 10k is a lot - easily a 2MM season, but sometimes I see the daily updates and am in awe of those that are putting in 20k-50k day in, day out.

I'm still upping my daily average, and have publicly committed myself, on twitter, to do the valentine challenge with 14k per day... Not sure what I was thinking there!

jayne_jayney
Paddler

Post by jayne_jayney » January 14th, 2014, 4:21 am

kgallagher wrote:
Kona2 wrote:

Karyn 6,369 m part ii

Karyn
Thanks Karyn, I have to remember English humour doesn't always translate well on forums!

I usually have the same problem with the daily figures, especially at weekends. What looked like a 26062m day on Sunday started of as a 15951 on Saturday evening. Knowing Jan would pick the figures up before I'd even started, I did the balance to add up to another palindrome on Sunday afternoon :-) it was all done within 24hrs though, and the graphics are kinda motivational

Edscapade
2k Poster

Post by Edscapade » January 14th, 2014, 9:41 am

brotherjim wrote:Jayne, you aren't dragging the team down. Everyone has their own time limits,work schedule, and just everyday life to deal with. You are rowing lots of meters . The team is for fun to row however many or few meters you want to. I think we all want to have good health and the erg is a great way to get in a good workout. Hope I am not out of line here. I really enjoy this team and the fun and other perks that come with it.

Couldn't have said it better! We are a team and a darn good one at that!! We do not care how many are rowed- we care that we are doing it. Getting a great work out and having fun doing it! 10,000 meters is a long ways...

Cheers to the best team no matter what the outcome,

Ed

Kona2
Marathon Poster

VTC: Day 14 or 15 of 31...almost halfway !

Post by Kona2 » January 14th, 2014, 10:42 am

Image Day 14 or 15 of 31 ... almost halfway !!

Tomorrow is the LAST day to sign on to ANY team for the Virtual Team Challenge - and that deadline has a history. When the Challenge first started, there would be a last day or two of the Challenge flurry of activity as team rosters changed ... sometimes adding as many as 50 or 75 people. Naturally, there was outcry. Naturally! So, in the interest of fair play and good competition, Concept2 put in a deadline that allows teams a reasonable time to assemble...and then locks in the roster so we can get down to the business of competing!

Each year, and in each Challenge, the Luna-Tics team is comprised of different players. There are a lot of people who come row with us just for the Challenges because their affiliation may not have a Challenge team - and there are a lot of people who join us just to try it out. Some end up joining the year round team for more Lunie fun! You might be one of them! What is true about the Luna-Tics team is that we thrive on pushing ourselves to try just a bit harder as a team than we might have as individuals. I'm sure that can be said about a lot of team activity...it's like having a bunch of workout buddies to help you stay on track for your goals. We row and/or ski-erg so we can better do other things in our lives. Contribute what you can, when you can... and know that our rallying cry is "To the moon, mates....to the moon!"

Ed's the first to earn enough meters to be a member of the coveted Bathtub Brigade in the ARMOONDA....it takes 500K! Several others are close! I made it last year for the first time, but alas...this year is different! And Luna is still in the number one spot for skierg meters !!

1 FRENCH INDOOR ROWERS TEAM Virtual Club 15,674,416 330 47,498
2 Community Rowing, Inc On-Water Club 15,518,134 464 33,444
3 LUNA-TICS Virtual Club 14,291,894 135 105,866
4 Age Without Limits Virtual Club 14,262,685 218 65,425
5 HAVK Mladost On-Water Club 8,594,121 204 42,128

FIVE new canoeists joining the ARMOONDA today by reaching the 50 or 100 K milestones! Congratulations to Baz, Bobbie, Nataliya, RIck and Gene! Well done!

ImageImageImage
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Baz . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ImageImageImage
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bobbie K . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ImageImageImage
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Rick C . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ImageImageImage
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nataliya . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ImageImageImage
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Gene H . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Multi-Millionaire !!! Again !!

Post by Kona2 » January 14th, 2014, 11:47 am

ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and hooyah! Congratulations, Jay, on achieving another THREE million meter season! Way to row !! We wish you many, MANY more!!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

He's A Meter Multi-Millionaire !!! Again !!

Post by Kona2 » January 14th, 2014, 11:54 am

ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and hooyah! If there was a Concept2 Rowing Hall of Fame (and I am proposing that there be one!), David A would surely be working his way towards being there. He's already made it around the circumference of the Earth once, and surely will make it to 100 million meters one day. I bet he is 60 percent of the way there! Congratulations, David A, on achieving yet another THREE million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more !!