Pulled Muscle

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] H_2O

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] H_2O » June 1st, 2005, 7:35 pm

I seem to have slightly pulled my left quad on the bicycle.<br />I will continue to row however.<br />If the leg blows up completely what options are there?<br />One often hears that soccer players are made fit by some sort of injection<br />in one or two days.<br /><br />What sort of injections are these?

[old] Yoda1

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Yoda1 » June 1st, 2005, 8:42 pm

What makes you think that an injection is going to make the quad better? Masking doesn't do a damn thing.<br /><br />Yoda

[old] Canoeist

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Canoeist » June 2nd, 2005, 7:49 am

H2O is probably referring to the steroid injections that doctors give to help heal problems such as tendonitus. I don't know if these injections work or not, but have heard of people that had to resort to them for things like bad cases of tenis elbow. <br /><br />These steroid injections are not the anabolic steroids that some people use to gain muscle mass. <br /><br />If the pull isn't too bad, I would try stretching several times a day. I certainly wouldn't take any injections.<br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />Paul Flack

[old] Roland Baltutis

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » June 3rd, 2005, 7:25 am

If the quad gives you more trouble then my suggestion is as follows:<br />Scale down your training to light exercise and take 10g a day of pure L-Glutamine. It's not a drug and has credible sports science backing behind its use. Great for muscle repair and recovery, which is what you need. It will encourage the secretion of natural growth hormones in your body. Pain killers won't fix it and give you a false sense of recovery anyway.<br /><br /><br />Keep it smooth, keep it relaxed<br />Roland Baltutis<br />

[old] H_2O

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] H_2O » June 3rd, 2005, 10:24 am

I am taking glutamine.<br />The leg seems fine, only a very slight discomfort.<br />I am in a 10K race today.<br />After that I'll know for sure.

[old] jschmidt63

Health and Fitness

Post by [old] jschmidt63 » June 9th, 2005, 10:12 am

I got a steroid injection for a muscle tear in my back. Doesnt seemed to have helped much. I think my tear it pretty bad, must be, has been around since I hurt it erging at end of January.<br /><br />regular pt visits, stretching, good weight regime, eating right, fluids, all have helped but my problem persist.<br /><br />hope your problem is resolved.